Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

It has been nearly 3 years since i last renovated my flat with A&D. The ID has left the company and started his own renovation business.

Despite him leaving the company, twice he came over to my house to fix 2 minor problems that happened to my house. Im quite surprise that he didnt shun my call even though he is not from the same company.

As a good recognition for his excellent service, im doing him a favor to advertise here on his behalf. PM me if you need his contact.

PS: Im not a ID or a contractor. I was just like you a new homeowner 2 years ago. :)

Hi DPSK, can pm the contactor contact to me? TIA :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear All,

Beware of some direct contractor. If anyone has engaged direct contractor. Please be extra careful with their workmanship

And after renovation service. About 3 month ago. I had engaged direct contractor to renovate my house kitchem & 2 toilet

after they handover the house back to me. People from my house downstair came up and say water leaking from my 2 toilet.

And i tried to call the contractor. But there is no respond from them. Never answer my call orsay have to wait.

After wait for 1 Month. I decided to engage ID to redo my both toilet since i want to renovate my bedroom and living

. As the ID say is waterproofing problem.

The ID service and responsiblity was really very good. I dont really need to go down on weekday or my tired day of working to see what work had be done

as he will take photo and whatapps me on what job had done on that day. I just need to go down on weekend and free day

to do some inspection on the job they had done is it what i required. If not he will rectified on the next working day.

Overall i dont feel any headache or worry with the renovation. But there are some minor touch up work to be done after i move back.

He manage to settle all the touch up work within 2week. As i quite busy with my daily job schedule. Thank to you ID.

As i not sure weather can post his name at here or not. So i just name as ID.

Pricing = abit higher than contractor.

Service & responsiblity = alot better then contractor.

So just pay more for better respondsiblity and service. Don't need to headache or worry too much.

Dear All,

Beware of some direct contractor. If anyone has engaged direct contractor. Please be extra careful with their workmanship

And after renovation service. About 3 month ago. I had engaged direct contractor to renovate my house kitchem & 2 toilet

after they handover the house back to me. People from my house downstair came up and say water leaking from my 2 toilet.

And i tried to call the contractor. But there is no respond from them. Never answer my call orsay have to wait.

After wait for 1 Month. I decided to engage ID to redo my both toilet since i want to renovate my bedroom and living

. As the ID say is waterproofing problem.

The ID service and responsiblity was really very good. I dont really need to go down on weekday or my tired day of working to see what work had be done

as he will take photo and whatapps me on what job had done on that day. I just need to go down on weekend and free day

to do some inspection on the job they had done is it what i required. If not he will rectified on the next working day.

Overall i dont feel any headache or worry with the renovation. But there are some minor touch up work to be done after i move back.

He manage to settle all the touch up work within 2week. As i quite busy with my daily job schedule. Thank to you ID.

As i not sure weather can post his name at here or not. So i just name as ID.

Pricing = abit higher than contractor.

Service & responsiblity = alot better then contractor.

So just pay more for better respondsiblity and service. Don't need to headache or worry too much.

Dear pepermints, i think you are mistaken here... Your incident of leaking is all about workmanship nothing to do with the designation ... You engage id , the id will still engage a contractor. Unless u tell me the id go do waterproofing himself ?? Anyway service & responsibility always comes with a price.

I'm newbie to renovation. Sorry if my question sound stupid.

May I know does ID company quotation include toilet bowl, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, kitchen tiles, cooking hob n hood, bath room accessories? If yes, how they show my the design, they will bring me to the shop to select and quote accordingly or I have to pay separately to the shop and not charge to their quote?

May I know does ID company quotation include toilet bowl, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, kitchen tiles, cooking hob n hood, bath room accessories? If yes, how they show my the design, they will bring me to the shop to select and quote accordingly or I have to pay separately to the shop and not charge to their quote?

Usually quotation include tiles but you have to see whether its stated up to what price range of tiles. Some quotes states only up to $3 and some $3.50. The lower then less choices you have.

As for sinks, toilet accessories, hob, hood etc, usually it's not quoted. You have to buy your own but I have seen some incl them which you only can choose between 2-3 models cos its a package. If you want cheap then go for those that incl them or if you don't mind paying more for what you like, then buy your own.

Hi all,

i am newbie here. Appreciate if can share/est. how much I need to throw in budget for this kind of reno works? i did a very simple reno 8yrs back due to very tight budget when just started family. Now would like to add on more on the reno, esp below these :-

1/ living/dining area (except false ceiling) - incl tv console and some deco

2/ Kitchen wall top cabinet, glass backing on the wall between top & bottom cabinets & also re-liminate the bottom existing cabinet cos thinking to change color of it)

3/ 2 toilets -both wana change tiles, basins ,shower screens and half full mirror for masteroom toilet.

4/ simple deco, shelf/false ceiling in Masterbedroom, except wardrobe.

5/ 2 common bedrooms - built in cupboard & simple deco.

6/ chemical wash on all flooring/phaque in room.

TIA !~

Hi all,

i am newbie here. Appreciate if can share/est. how much I need to throw in budget for this kind of reno works? i did a very simple reno 8yrs back due to very tight budget when just started family. Now would like to add on more on the reno, esp below these :-

2/ Kitchen wall top cabinet, glass backing on the wall between top & bottom cabinets & also re-liminate the bottom existing cabinet cos thinking to change color of it)

3/ 2 toilets -both wana change tiles, basins ,shower screens and half full mirror for masteroom toilet.

TIA !~

what is the area of your home, hdb/private ? you need to provide more info for others to give u a better advise...

Hi all,

TIA !~

me intend to do some reno as well with my previous ID.

but be prepared for a lot of dust and hassle cos need to stay at home to watch the reno works.

Your toilet work and kitchen will be rather messy

like war zone...

Recently just did a minor renovation for my office and home. The firm I engaged is very good. Anyone need recommendation or contact can just PM me. =D

Hi Bettyboop,

Usually if you engage a ID to help you design and renovate your house, they will check with you how much you will need to done up the house. So if you have mention it they will do it for you; and also they will usually give you a 3D rendering(artist impression for FREE) to let you see the proposed design and the color and theme and a long break down of what they will do to your house with pricing as well.

As for the sink, kitchen sink..... they will usually quote you base on the labor of the item and they will bring you to the shop for shopping. Those shopping item will not be in your quote. Its on your own cost.

I would suggest you to go jalan besar to have a look at the item you prefer and checkout the price first before your ID bring you for shopping. Because usually the ID would have a little commission on the item you purchased.. so its best if you know the value.

Also i would say try find a few ID to compare prices.

Ive recently renovating my house. Got a few quote and it will eventually went to a better deal if you know how low the price can be. Your ID will definitely give you a good quote if they know someone out there would offer a good deal.

Cheers. Good luck for your renovation planning.

PM me if you need any tips.

Happy to help!

Hi all,

I would like to share my experience in searching for ID/contractor for the past 1 month. I had called quite a few contractor/ID recommended in this forum. Most of them couldn't make it (about 4 of them) simply because the design & quality is totally out, not even passing my minimum expectation.

Please beware for the posting in renovation forum. Always seek for workmanship.

Be careful in selection of ID/Contractor:

1. DO NOT sign quotation untill you are certain what is given (material selection (what brand, range....), design, workmanship, actual measurement & payment term)

2. DO NOT get ID with FREE GIFTs. Just think about who will pay for it at the end? There is no such thing call free lunch in the world.

3. DO NOT get ID who helds exibition in EXPO as the rental in EXPO is sssssoooo expensive.

4. Some ID are good at sales talk and presentation. Be alert to what is sold to you not what is presented/display.

5. DO NOT believe in lifetime warranty. Some may dissappear/close down the next year. When there is problem arise, some just attend once or twice, that is all. So don't believe in this lifetime thing. ID could just easily change the company's name, relocation,disappear...

6. What is promised got to be written down on the paper. No oral promise.

7. How often ID would visit the site?

8. I know that usually after signing the quotation blindly, every single changes, they would charge, charge... This is the tactic for them to earn money. SO, do discuss in details as mentioned in no. 1 before signing up the paper.

Just to share for quotation that i got.

Wardrobe with internal in color per ft = range from $240 to $360

Iquartz = $145 per ft

Kitchen cabinet (white inside) = $120 per ft

I have experience an ID in IMM, refuse to let me have a copy of the quotation. Something is fishy. So we have rejected this ID.

Per my experience

Kitchen worktop = i prefer black galaxy/blue pearl granite ( use black galaxy for 9 years with no problem at all). If you have budget, can opt for quartz, just a little bit more. Choose for secondary option of quartz. Ceacerstone is too expensive, about 40% more compare to granite's price.

Backsplash = I do not prefer stainless steel as backsplash as it is very difficult to maintain. I have used it for 9 years. I prefer tempered glass as it is easy to clean and nice. But my ID said that for heavy user, the color sprayed on it will turn yellow and won't be nice. So , not recommended for heavy cooking. My new house will be using the existing tile provided by HDB.

Lamination = go for reliable brand eg: EDL (modern, nice & reliable), Lam chuan. This is what i know.

Window grill = use the normal hollow one will do. My existing flat's brown window grills have been with us more than 10 years with excellent condition till now.

Hob = I personally prefer Rinnai as the flame is strong and good for chinese cooking.

Air-cond = we use sharp but the utility bill is scary. Quiet. We are going to use Mitsubishi converter.

Edited by Charmainecc