Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

HI!! Can anyone share with me more details abt HOMELY IMAGE??

Pls do email me at wati.razi@hotmail.com.

Very much appreciated!!!

<!--quoteo(post=499795:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:28 AM:name=crazechoice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crazechoice @ Jan 26 2010, 09:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=499795"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My house was done up by Homely Image. Overall, I can say that their 3D designs are very nice and good. But the actually things that were done up were not up to our expectations.My sibling's house was done up by them, thru Doreen (resigned) and Sunny (carpenter). She is very good and his skills good.

She referred us to Phoebe, which can do designing, but unable to control her workers. Initially we requested that Sunny do the carpentering works, but they send other workers which gave us a huge headache. They splashed water onto the kitchen cabinets and wall sockets, allowing water to seep / soak in. The toilet door that they installed, was not straight, but slanted. They also left the lights switched on after work, wasting electricity and causing the bulbs to burnt. After we escalated the things to Jackson (manager), he wanted us to pay the final remaining amount before doing the rectifying works. And he always hung up on my calls. 2 months renovation became 6 months.

Even refering the case to HBay also was not helpful, as they are just a accrediting company, but not able to make Homely Image do the rectifying works without receiving payment first. Till now, after more than a year, Homely Image still refused to send us the letter stating that no rectifying works will be done by them, in exchange, payment for the final amount will be waived.

Above is based on my personal experience with Homely Image, not to slander anybody, but just to share my experience. If anyone finds this posting offensive, please let me know the reasons, and I can consider taking this down.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree Doreen is VERY GOOD. she is very professional and very patient. She's not pushy also. Sunny's worksmanship is the best. I have viewed their completed projects. Btw, Doreen is back with HOmely...i just met up with her. Think I will sign up with her. She seems very nice and easy to work with.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

I've been to few ID companies (eg. established & new) and tried to understand each.

Just wondering how could I verify the companies' awards/ achievements as stated?

I did internet search for the awards/ achievements as mentioned but to no avail (??).

Anyone know how to check? Could you kindly enlighten me on this?

Thank you very much !

Hi! all,

am new here. Any reliable ID/Contractor to recommend?

thanks in advance

Can try mine. You may be interested to check my t-blog to see their works.

Contractor: Alan - Nam Hin Bee Kee 9856 8258 (easy to work with contractor)

Windows: Ah Soon - 8338 8877 (great workmanship)

All the best!

I don't have any good ID to recommend, but I do strongly advise you to stay away from this ID: Arte Living Design Studio.

I don't have any good ID to recommend, but I do strongly advise you to stay away from this ID: Arte Living Design Studio.

Hi rws,

Care to share why Arte Living Studio is not recommended? Any experience with them? If you ae not comfortable to share this openly you can pm me.

thanks

Can try mine. You may be interested to check my t-blog to see their works.

Contractor: Alan - Nam Hin Bee Kee 9856 8258 (easy to work with contractor)

Windows: Ah Soon - 8338 8877 (great workmanship)

All the best!

Hi darnie,

nice to see ur place nicely done up.

Mind to PM how much is ur reno for the house?

Ur aircon and the electricty budget for the whole house as

i am in midst of looking btw a contarator and a ID.

Thks.

Hi, I just renovated my new apartment, Block (**) , 07-2* in Ghim Moh Link (4 rooms flat) and here is my contractor.

His fees is a bit higher than others but very reliable and here is what I do

1. Laying of tiles

2. Laminate floor

3. Kitchen cabinet

4. Windows

5. Electrical Works

6. Plumbing Works

and finished last month.

His fees might be higher 10% than other (which you can Negotiate) but his service is pretty remarkable and hand over west smooth as well.

There is one thing I felt please is whenever you call him, he immediately answer call unlike some other contractors.

Name : Geoffrey

Pros: Reliable, Good workmanship , on time hand over

Cons: Fees high a bit.

Dear all, be aware of this contractor called Marvin Wong and Shirley Lee from Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd. Pay them 80% and they stopped work at around 15%. Pressing us to pay further and was told will not start work until we pay . Currently seeking legal action against them. Pointless to seek Case and police. Police reports were made. They having a booth on this coming renovation fair at Expo, Classic Living 2012 (21/07/12-29/07/12). Please do not engage them.

Anyone happened that engage this guy, please let me know. Appreciated that.

Marvin Wong/ Shirley Lee

Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd

Dear all,

I'm super new here, any feedback for Boon Siew Design? I had a discussion with the ID there, and seems quite ok.

Any comment is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Hi! Just got my keys for 5 room BTO. Looking for contractor to do the following:

Can advice or pm me the quote please?

1) Hack away existing brickwall at bed room 2 and kitchen entrance

2) Seal up Bed room 2 door opening

3) Install and link water heater from common toilet to service yard

4) Construct false ceiling approx ¼ of the living room. (Length is approx 8800mm)

5) Construct a island counter outside kitchen (Length is approx 2400mm x D800mm)

6) Construct kitchen cabinets

7) Overlay Master toilet wall and floor tiles

8) Overlay common toilet wall and floor tiles

9) Construct cabinets below Master bathroom basin

10) Construct cabinets below common bathroom basin

11) Glass panel shower screen with swing door in Master toilet

12) Glass panel shower screen in common toilet

13) Concealed rain shower in Master toilet

14) Seal up hidden pipes located top of common toilet and install spotlights in it (http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/883576/data/djpg1325730872198-data.jpg) Not my house, reference pic

15) Seal up hidden pipes located top of Master toilet and install spotlights in it (http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/883576/data/djpg1325730872198-data.jpg) Not my house, reference pic

16) Seal up hollow space in bedroom 2

17) Walk in wardrobe

Hi emblef,

My sis has just finished her renovation at punggol arcadia. Heard from her that her ID firm has quite reasonable pricing and good attitude. Her renovation photos are also uploaded to their facebook website. You may check it out at www.facebook.com/vinteriordesign. Hope it helps