Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

too early la!!! u still have 2+ years...

what you decided now, in 2 years time, may not be what you wanted..

Haha ok Thanks for your advice :)

Because I want to know roughly what the cost as need time to save up the money

Normally how is payment like? Can give separately or must pay one time shot?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yours is bto right? with or with out flooring?

costing very subjective, becos depends on what you want. 1 quote u an example

1 have 2 friends, both taking bto 4 rm. one spend 18k, the other spend near to 40k.

the 18k one has all the basic items, like kitchen cabinet, wardrobe etc.

the 40k one has the basic items and also very nice items like specially design feature wall, whole living room full tinted mirror, platforms here and there, box up bomb shelter door etc etc.......

so, it depends on you. but one tip for you. what ever amount you calculated, just add 20% more. cos you will bound to add in some items.

payment wise normally is spread thru out your reno period. some typical payment terms may be 10-40-40-10, or 10-45-40-5.

but, if the contractor and you are sincere about each other, i believe all these breakdown can be negotiated.

Edited by kangeroo168

yours is bto right? with or with out flooring?

costing very subjective, becos depends on what you want. 1 quote u an example

1 have 2 friends, both taking bto 4 rm. one spend 18k, the other spend near to 40k.

the 18k one has all the basic items, like kitchen cabinet, wardrobe etc.

the 40k one has the basic items and also very nice items like specially design feature wall, whole living room full tinted mirror, platforms here and there, box up bomb shelter door etc etc.......

so, it depends on you. but one tip for you. what ever amount you calculated, just add 20% more. cos you will bound to add in some items.

payment wise normally is spread thru out your reno period. some typical payment terms may be 10-40-40-10, or 10-45-40-5.

but, if the contractor and you are sincere about each other, i believe all these breakdown can be negotiated.

Yes, my one is bto.

My one no flooring.

Thanks a lot for your advise :)

no flooring then u have to factor in around 6-7k for cement screeding (heard HDB does not provide cement screeding anymore) and tiling works.

currently it is around this price. in 2 years time, not so sure as pricing is governed by worker's levies, material costing etc

Hi,

I am currently looking for contractor. Do you all have any reasonable and reliable contractor to share?

Pls pm me or email me at yvonne_nxl@hotmail.com. Thank lots

Hi,

I am currently looking for contractor. Do you all have any reasonable and reliable contractor to share?

Pls pm me or email me at yvonne_nxl@hotmail.com. Thank lotsmy

my place is completing soon by my current contractor, you can try Mr Yim. i find him honest and responsible and not over promising and end up not fulfilling like my previous id cum contractor :((

his contact is 97902612, he has a designer too

Mine visited everyday to make sure the sub cons are doing the right thing

mine goes down every morn when there is job at site or as and when needed? i find him really responsible

After many months of searching, doing research, meeting many IDs and comparing quotes; I have finally started my renovation journey with Aasion Design. I am glad we know this company through a friend. After reading many unhappy comments by the forum members on their IDs and contractors, I am really worry that I may end up in the same situation like them.

The masonry work is almost completing and today the workers have started the plastering job. I must say that the workmanship is really good and the ID has done a great job.

hi all, just completed my reno wif a contractor recommended by 1 of the forrumer here. glad tat i chose him over the others tat was recommended to me too. pricing wise= quite cheap, service and worksmansip=excellent.willing to go extra miles for me. thought tat he's worth recommending to others.in fact recommended to other forrumer and doin up their place now wif this contractor. C ya

Hi, can you please PM me your contractor's contact?

TIA.

I'm new here and but have been reading and learning from everyone so I figured it's my time to contribute and give back to fellow forumers. After reading lots about the good and bad contractors/ID's out there, I feel I have to put forward Vincent from Chiam Soon Seng that was recommended to me by 3 different friends. They all used the same contractor and all referred him to me. Now that I'm about 75% through the renovation process, I can see why. In the beginning, I did the usual 'shopping around' and asked for 5 quotes from different companies (tiring since some didn't even respond after I chased them several times). As suggested by some postings, I did an 'apples to apples' comparison and found out that not only is Vincent's worksmanship commended by my friends, his price was also the most reasonable! I had decided on the style and design so I only needed the contractor services. On top of the pricing though, the thing I liked most about the process is that they are flexible and very, very patient - very important for a first time home-owner like me who doesn't know as much as she thinks!

Timelines have been kept and budgets respected which is, from what I've been told, not very common in the industry. Not only is Vincent's service and attitude fantastic (he always picks up his phone or calls you back right away - even I don't do that) but all his sub-contractors are friendly, timely and professional. I am always hounding the renovations but they work and work and I see big changes at the end of each day.

I have yet to see the carpentry, which Vincent tells me is his company's specialty. I'll keep you guys posted as I go and add some pictures soon.

PM me if you need his details. (I don't work with or for the company. I'm just a happy customer who believes in good service.)

Hi, can please PM me Vincent's contact?

Many thanks.

Guest Ah Lian

Dear all,

could you PM me your contractor contacts?

i am looking to do some carpentry work. in the living room & bedrooms

Kindly contact me at 91785720.

Edden

QUOTE (nslconnie @ Apr 7 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Contractor... no need to engage an id to do what ur contractor can do, as long as u know what u want.. =)

I agree with you, mine oso done by a contractor. house done up liao and staying liao. What is important is to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$ biggrin.gif

Hi Jim,

Can PM me your Contractor's contact?

My email: rosetmk@yahoo.com

Edited by rosie123

I'm new here and but have been reading and learning from everyone so I figured it's my time to contribute and give back to fellow forumers. After reading lots about the good and bad contractors/ID's out there, I feel I have to put forward Vincent from Chiam Soon Seng that was recommended to me by 3 different friends. They all used the same contractor and all referred him to me. Now that I'm about 75% through the renovation process, I can see why. In the beginning, I did the usual 'shopping around' and asked for 5 quotes from different companies (tiring since some didn't even respond after I chased them several times). As suggested by some postings, I did an 'apples to apples' comparison and found out that not only is Vincent's worksmanship commended by my friends, his price was also the most reasonable! I had decided on the style and design so I only needed the contractor services. On top of the pricing though, the thing I liked most about the process is that they are flexible and very, very patient - very important for a first time home-owner like me who doesn't know as much as she thinks!

Timelines have been kept and budgets respected which is, from what I've been told, not very common in the industry. Not only is Vincent's service and attitude fantastic (he always picks up his phone or calls you back right away - even I don't do that) but all his sub-contractors are friendly, timely and professional. I am always hounding the renovations but they work and work and I see big changes at the end of each day.

I have yet to see the carpentry, which Vincent tells me is his company's specialty. I'll keep you guys posted as I go and add some pictures soon.

PM me if you need his details. (I don't work with or for the company. I'm just a happy customer who believes in good service.)

Hi,

Can PM Vincent's contact to me?

rosetmk@yahoo.com