Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madwarrior72

Window Grill & Window

Hi,

Just wanna check. Just realized that am quoted the following from ID...

- Supply and Fix Wrought Iron Gilles at Dining and unity room windows (65sq area) - $820

- Supply and Fix aluminum frame (white) w/tinted glass sliding window at dining and utility (65sq area) - $700

- Supply and Fix aluminimu frame (white) w/tinted glass casement window ****, kitchen, 3 bedrooms (270sq area) - $3780

- Supply and Fix white power coated sliding window grills at dining, utility, living and 3 bedrooms - $2000

- Supply and Fix white powder coated frame louvers winder at 2nd flr both bathrooms - $760

The above "window and window grill work" alone will cost me $8060.

Do U think it is reasonable?

The quote was just given to me on Saturday and I am starting my reno next week but the hacking work and floor work will start 1st thuz I think I may still be in time to ommit the above if it is not reasonable and source for diret supplier instead.

As it is a EM, any EM owner can share the cost on the above? Any direct supplier contacts?

Thank you so much.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First of all, why is there

- Wrought Iron Grills (Dining/Utility)

- White powder coated sliding window grills (Dining/Utility, Living & 3 bedroom ..)

You will have 2 sets of grills at the dining/utility area?

Hi,

Just wanna share the damage of my EM (corridor unit) white power coated frame with green tinted sliding windows, 3 top hung toilet windows & white power coated grill which I did in Dec 2009 with a supplier.

(dinning, utility, living room, balcony & 3 bedrooms)

Windows $13psf = $3.2k

Grills $7psf = $1.6k

3 toilets windows $525

With the exact same requirements as above, my ID quoted me $6k for windows, $3k for grill & $580 for each toilet windows, so I omit these items from my quotation.

I notice that casement window is usually more expensive than sliding window and by how much I'm not too sure but $8k for all window and grill work is definitely very expensive.

Edited by wennykoh

Hi,

Just wanna share the damage of my EM (corridor unit) white power coated frame with green tinted sliding windows, 3 top hung toilet windows & white power coated grill which I did in Dec 2009 with a supplier.

(dinning, utility, living room, balcony & 3 bedrooms)

Windows $13psf = $3.2k

Grills $7psf = $1.6k

3 toilets windows $525

With the exact same requirements as above, my ID quoted me $6k for windows, $3k for grill & $580 for each toilet windows, so I omit these items from my quotation.

I notice that casement window is usually more expensive than sliding window and by how much I'm not too sure but $8k for all window and grill work is definitely very expensive.

Hi Wennykoh,

can pm me the window supplier contact.

Thanks!

I recommend a very good window/window grille installer. Direct, not thru ID/contractor. Much cheaper than thru them. And his after sale service is very good.

PM me if interested

I recommend a very good window/window grille installer. Direct, not thru ID/contractor. Much cheaper than thru them. And his after sale service is very good.

PM me if interested

How much do they charge psf for window grilles?

For anyone else seeking to clarify the quotes u received... try measuring the windows yourself, at least make sure the area is close to what you were quoted with. Some IDs just estimate the area without measuring, usually higher than actual. PSF won't deviate that much, but a wrong area estimation can affect the quote by a lot.

Can I have the contact? I would like to install powder wrought iron window grille. Thanks!

One company quoted me $15 psf, is it reasonable?

Edited by Rainbow7

Hi,

Happen see that you are looking for the Window Contractor

If you dun mind can try to call Mr Tan at 9003 6263, he was a reliable and experience contractor with provide good services

His price was reasonable and direct from factory with HDB approval Window licensed Contractor. He also well known the forum and I had recommended his services to lot of my friends their feedback were goods.

Thumb up