Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summerflowers

Ea In The Far East Of Bukit Batok

Waiting eagerly for our 1st appointment on 23 March 10.

In the meantime, I have been reading up on decorating and renovation ideas.

Below are stuffs that I like and my views:

We have 2 balconies that we are considering to change into multi-fold doors instead of the current sliding door. Notice that there are rollers underneath the doors. We find this idea interesting. The doors can still be supported and yet there are no tracks on the floor. Neat!

multifolddoorwithroller.jpg

I like the idea of a built-in shelving in the shower area instead of the usual wire rack that are attached to the walls. As our MBR bathroom and common bathroom are next to each other, this shelves can be incorporated like lego stack-ups upon another, facing opposite directions.

The towel holder is interesting but I wonder if the towels will dry up easily as they are placed this vertical way.

showershelving.jpg

This is a raised shower base. I think there are hardly any people in Singapore that uses this concept. I have done shopping asking around for these kinds of shower trays. Hardly anyone sells it and they have to be indented. Most families build kerbs or a step down shower area. This is a concept that most likely I will have to chuck away.

raisedshowerbase.jpg

This is another step-up shower base that is my favourite. Of course, the curve may not be practical in our HDB bathrooms. Notice the 3-stepped design at the border of the tray. That's the detail that I like too.

raisedshowertray.jpg

Edited by summerflowers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just went for our 1st appointment today. This is the original floor plan. The 1st owner had made some changes to the layout. The curve at the study area has been removed and a "straightened out" wall is built above the small opening to living room balcony instead. This opening is sealed up with glass bricks. The storeroom was lengthened to be 'flushed together' with the kitchen wall. The opening to the kitchen is moved further up to the slanted pillar on the middle left.

I intend to shift the common toilet door from the service balcony to the living room instead. Any fengshui faux pas?

floorplan288a.jpg

The owner made some changes to the layout. The original curve at the study area was straightened and room became smaller. The kitchen entrance is shifted and the storeroom is lengthened. The opening next to the store is relocated to the main entrance.

288aexisitingfloorplan.jpg

Waiting eagerly for our 1st appointment on 23 March 10.

In the meantime, I have been reading up on decorating and renovation ideas.

Below are stuffs that I like and my views:

We have 2 balconies that we are considering to change into multi-fold doors instead of the current sliding door. Notice that there are rollers underneath the doors. We find this idea interesting. The doors can still be supported and yet there are no tracks on the floor. Neat!

multifolddoorwithroller.jpg

this is what i wanna do for my balcony door too!!!! do you know who can do it?

Already looked at a few IDs. Waiting for quotes. Did my own layout. Any comments?

288alayout2.jpg

wow, seems like u planning alot of dinning space...u hv alot of ppl in the house? :unsure:

Already looked at a few IDs. Waiting for quotes. Did my own layout. Any comments?

288alayout2.jpg

Wow I really like your apt's layout even tho there r a few odd corners. A balcony for the master bedroom? very rare to find in HDB. This is HDB, isn't it?

Which part of Bt Batok is this? I hv a friend at Blk 288, near the Nature Reserve, the one with the curved balconies which I really like. Is this anywhere near there?

Looks like u hv plenty of space (envy, envy). I think you have laid it out beautifully, except for the rectangular dining table which seems out of place there. Some suggestions:

- do u want to consider WIW for the MBR if u can squeeze in the space?

- for the bedroom with the 2 single beds, suggest u put them side by side, with the window separating them. That way, the foot of one doesn't intrude into the face of the other :)

- is that a fridge just outside the kitchen? Why not put it inside the kitchen itself?

- I would love to have a big island in the kitchen! This can double up as a breakfast or quick meal counter as well. My dream is to have an island with a sink, hob and hood built in. Like Jaime Oliver's kitchen in his earlier shows. Drool....

Do u have any 'before' pictures to share? Like your ideas of the french folding doors. I would so totally put them in my condo if the mgmt allows it. It really gives a classy feel to the apt.

Looking fwd to more updates from you :)

Umasiarah,

Wow I really like your apt's layout even tho there r a few odd corners. A balcony for the master bedroom? very rare to find in HDB. This is HDB, isn't it?

Yup. It is.

Which part of Bt Batok is this? I hv a friend at Blk 288, near the Nature Reserve, the one with the curved balconies which I really like. Is this anywhere near there?

Yup. That's the place.

Looks like u hv plenty of space (envy, envy). I think you have laid it out beautifully, except for the rectangular dining table which seems out of place there.

That table is the middle of the hall? It's meant to be my children's table. That's their play area.

Some suggestions:

- do u want to consider WIW for the MBR if u can squeeze in the space?

Yes. We are putting a WIW in the MBR, think the direction of the door is upside down. Oops! :P

- for the bedroom with the 2 single beds, suggest u put them side by side, with the window separating them. That way, the foot of one doesn't intrude into the face of the other :)

That's what I mentioned to my hubby when he suggested this layout. He said just build a partition will do. (Ugly)

Do you mean something like this?

sroom1.jpg

My initial idea was this? Which is better?

boysroom.jpg

- is that a fridge just outside the kitchen? Why not put it inside the kitchen itself?

Yes. That's the fridge. Firstly, I'm not building a fridge base. Secondly, I can change the size of the fridge without restriction. So, it's there.

- I would love to have a big island in the kitchen! This can double up as a breakfast or quick meal counter as well. My dream is to have an island with a sink, hob and hood built in. Like Jaime Oliver's kitchen in his earlier shows. Drool....

I enjoy his cooking shows too, though I've not tried any of his recipes.

For a sink, hob and hood on an island, plumbing and wiring will be an issue in Singapore's context, unlike in the west where they have a floorboard underneath for heating purposes. Not to mention fumes all over the house due to Asian cooking. We can't have the best of both worlds right? :)

Do u have any 'before' pictures to share?

Not yet. Soon.

Like your ideas of the french folding doors. I would so totally put them in my condo if the mgmt allows it. It really gives a classy feel to the apt.

Do you mean the very 1st pic above? I like the doors too with the rollers. But it will leave a gap near the floor, if you don't mind. The rollers give great support to the door though. So there's no worry that the doors might sag in future. But I think this is an interesting concept that not much Singaporeans have tried. I will try to get a quote.

That's what I mentioned to my hubby when he suggested this layout. He said just build a partition will do. (Ugly)

Do you mean something like this?

sroom1.jpg

My initial idea was this? Which is better?

boysroom.jpg

I like your initial idea best. The two kids have their own private work space, so one person's stuff won't spill over to the other person's area, leading to WWIII in which Mummy hv to be peacemaker :)

A further suggestion to this is to put the L-shaped study desk to beside the bed so that the passageway is cleared.

I didn't know about the middle of the kitchen island thing. That's too bad :(

Looks like I may hv to retire in Switzerland like what I've always dreamed of, if I want to hv kind of kitchen :)

I like your initial idea best. The two kids have their own private work space, so one person's stuff won't spill over to the other person's area, leading to WWIII in which Mummy hv to be peacemaker :)

A further suggestion to this is to put the L-shaped study desk to beside the bed so that the passageway is cleared.

It's not suitable to put the L shaped table next to the bed as it will block the window located there. Moreover, we are building top cabinets too.