Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tz_jie

My Housing Coming On June 2010

Waiting for our keys to come in June 2010. :sport-smiley-004:

Thinking to start sourcing & shortlisting IDs to seek for opinion & ideas. Also for their package quotations.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thinking to start sourcing & shortlisting IDs to seek for opinion & ideas. Also for their package quotations.

congrates, tz_jie!!! :dancingqueen:

doing up whole unit or selectively??

Welcome!

Just take a look around at the t-blogs to see the review of contractors. There are a number of recommended contractors/IDs around here. :)

Do post your floorplan here.

congrates, tz_jie!!! :dancingqueen:

doing up whole unit or selectively??

Thanks feimei :)

Most important issue is the budget now.... so still discussing with my gf... :disturb:

Edited by tz_jie

Welcome!

Just take a look around at the t-blogs to see the review of contractors. There are a number of recommended contractors/IDs around here. :)

Do post your floorplan here.

Thanks coldflamez :)

Floor plan uploaded.

Edited by tz_jie

Thanks feimei :)

Most important issue is the budget now.... so still discussing with my gf... :disturb:

yes, everytime is Vitamin M concen....haiz~~~but most important....know what u want...

that time when we decided to start our reno....we thought of going ala-carte but after researching....package will be more worthy than ala-carte.....but of cos...need to nego to add/remove things that u can bargain with....becos when approach ID/contractors, they sure ask what u wan...how u wan??? give them a rough idea and c what they can come out with, from there, easier to compare with your own listing..... :rolleyes:

Welcome .. your layout is very similar to our current layout. Currently, we are doing the reno.

I think you should do the necessary:

- Toilet

- Flooring

- Doors

- Electrical works

- Aircon

Optional ones that you can delay:

- Kitchen cabinet

- Extra partition

- Any other built-in furniture

Yah. Was discussing with my gf abt the reno. think need to get the advise from IDs to get some idea first. Any feedback abt SkyCreation?

Saw their ads these day abt the promotion offer going on but dunno how their workmanship, pricing etc...

If you want to save money, don't go for ID, their charges would definitely more expensive.

We stumbled SkyCreation ID before and decided not to engage them because the price is too high.

If I were you, I would make sure the house is functional first then .. you make it nice. Those home design magazine would be useful also.

:yamseng:

Yah. Was discussing with my gf abt the reno. think need to get the advise from IDs to get some idea first. Any feedback abt SkyCreation?

Saw their ads these day abt the promotion offer going on but dunno how their workmanship, pricing etc...

Hi Welcome!!

you and I should be getting keys approx the same time! I am already sourcing for contractors and is now requesting for first quote. you can take a look at my T-blog if you want. plenty of info within renotalk so happy surfing! :yamseng:

If your budget is a concen (like me!!) then probably you should look into a contractor rather than ID. but that being said, you will need to hv a clear idea what you want cos you are basically the ID.

Personally, I'm looking into contractor due to my budget is not very big. but I'm not doing flooring cos the exisiting flooring is fine. you have to prioritize on your requirements and decide what needs to go and what can be reuse. But I did contact one ID (CLC) and will be meeting him up cos of the superb reviews in here. If he can meet my requirements at my price, why not! :sport-smiley-004:

Do post some pics of ur resale unit if you hv. I am waiting for my seller to let me go up the unit to take pics so once we hv those I will also post pics.

:yamseng:

Hi Welcome!!

you and I should be getting keys approx the same time! I am already sourcing for contractors and is now requesting for first quote. you can take a look at my T-blog if you want. plenty of info within renotalk so happy surfing! :yamseng:

If your budget is a concen (like me!!) then probably you should look into a contractor rather than ID. but that being said, you will need to hv a clear idea what you want cos you are basically the ID.

Personally, I'm looking into contractor due to my budget is not very big. but I'm not doing flooring cos the exisiting flooring is fine. you have to prioritize on your requirements and decide what needs to go and what can be reuse. But I did contact one ID (CLC) and will be meeting him up cos of the superb reviews in here. If he can meet my requirements at my price, why not! :sport-smiley-004:

Do post some pics of ur resale unit if you hv. I am waiting for my seller to let me go up the unit to take pics so once we hv those I will also post pics.

Hi samgalz,

read ur blog and found out that ur floorplan seem like quite similar to me just the layout and size is diff.... I also dun have photo now, trying to make appointment with the seller for me to view and take photo to show the contractors or IDs. How ur progress so far?

*Also i found out our design/layout in mind also almost the same :)

Edited by tz_jie

If you want to save money, don't go for ID, their charges would definitely more expensive.

We stumbled SkyCreation ID before and decided not to engage them because the price is too high.

If I were you, I would make sure the house is functional first then .. you make it nice. Those home design magazine would be useful also.

Actually i got some idea with me but need some IDs for advise and design for me... if i didnt look for IDs seem like quite hard to design the house myself... Not trained in this field... :(

Actually i got some idea with me but need some IDs for advise and design for me... if i didnt look for IDs seem like quite hard to design the house myself... Not trained in this field... :(

That is the whole idea of this forum.

You can post your design here and people can advise you about it.

Good contractors also can advise you on basic idea.

I just feel the cost of getting an ID is too high.

hi tz_jie! welcome to rt! :)

just my two cents: speak to a few IDs, tap on their knowledge and ideas, then get a contractor to do the job for you! no point paying premium prices to ID. alternatively, there are a few contractors who can give you design ideas as well - search for edmund who did risis' home.

i think IDs tend to produce cookie cutter homes and your house will look nice but won't feel like its yours.. not sure if you get what i mean..haha babbling here! ok good luck & have fun! :sport-smiley-018: