Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
siron

Renting Out Procedures (hdb)

:( will kena slap by high high personal income tax next year. do i just report when filing income tax or i have to go down hdb personallly, btw i'm not subletting the whole place

For a room, just register your tenant online from hdb website.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/...om?OpenDocument

Guidelines for Renting Out Rooms

Eligibility Conditions: Flat Owners

1. You are allowed to sublet your bedrooms if you own a 3-room or bigger flat.

* No prior approval from HDB is required for subletting of the bedrooms. However, with effect from 1 Feb 2010, flat owners who sublet bedrooms in their HDB flats will have to register with HDB within 7 days of doing so. They are also required to notify HDB when they renew or terminate the subletting of bedrooms, and when there are changes to their subtenants' particulars.

* Flat owners must comply with HDB’s subletting rules and regulations.

2. Owners of 1 and 2-room flats are not allowed to sublet their bedrooms.

Eligiblity Conditions : Subtenants

Citizenship

Subtenants must be :

a. Singapore citizens; or

b. Singapore permanent residents; or

c. Non-citizens legally residing in Singapore [holders of Employment Passes, S Passes, Work Permits, Student Passes, Dependant Passes, Professional Visit Passes, Long Term Social Visit Passes (6 months and above)].

*Construction workers who are Work Permit holders should be Malaysians.

Immigration status of non-citizen subtenants may be verified using the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority's VERIFI website.

Registration of Subletting

a. You must register the subletting with HDB within seven days* from the subletting date. You are also required to notify HDB of the subsequent renewal and termination of the subletting and changes to your subtenants or subtenants’ particulars within seven days from the dates of the events.

b. You must provide your subtenants’ particulars and other subletting details at the time of registration and inform HDB of any subsequent changes.

* For subletting tenancies commenced before 1 Feb 2010, flat owners are given six months from 1 Feb 2010 to register the subletting of bedrooms with HDB.

Failure to Register

If you did not register the subletting of bedrooms with HDB and inform HDB of subsequent changes (termination, renewal of subletting and changes to subtenants or subtenants’ particulars) within the stipulated grace period, the subletting of bedrooms will be considered unauthorized. HDB can take action against you under the Housing & Development Act which includes the imposition of penalty up to a maximum of $3,000. For repeat offenders, HDB can compulsorily acquire the flat.

Online Registration

You must register your subletting with HDB. You can register online at My HDBPage.

:( will kena slap by high high personal income tax next year. do i just report when filing income tax or i have to go down hdb personallly, btw i'm not subletting the whole place

Effective from Feb 2010. Even rent out 1 rm also need to inform HDB.

The penalty of not doing so. I has post in the early posting.

Depend on you whether want to take risk or had a good sleep

Go to http://www.hdb.gov.sg/

Login to My HDBPage there.

There's a link there for you to submit your room subletting + tenant details to HDB.

No need to make a trip to HDB Hub personally. :)

Edited by forgotten

sianz............ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

why sian

Basically I support this.

Had cases, tenant move out but still using the old rental address to borrow ah long.

Then the existing owner will be the one face all the "Art & Craft"

As they move from rented room to rented room. No way to trace/track him down.

why sian

Basically I support this.

Had cases, tenant move out but still using the old rental address to borrow ah long.

Then the existing owner will be the one face all the "Art & Craft"

As they move from rented room to rented room. No way to trace/track him down.

hmmm.... true. :( guess no choice.

may i know where do i get my tenants to register themselves and pay for stamp duty?

register to who?

stamp duty.. ask agent to do it. tenants pay for the stamp duty.

thanks, was at that website earlier. it looks so complicating.

Just bring the agreement to IRAS and original stamp duty can be collect on the spot.

thanks, was at that website earlier. it looks so complicating.

Visit a few more rounds will discover, wow so useful!

Edited by bepgof

bought 2 single bed frame one week ago at 99 each from courts, got to sell it away as my tenant said that she doesn't want the bed frame. selling away cheap, just quote me a price and arrange for ur own delivery. ITS BRAND NEW!!

thanks