Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
siron

Renting Out Procedures (hdb)

Hi Guys,

I have interested friend who wanted to rent a room in my HDB flat. I do not wish to go through agent, but I believe min I need to prepare a simple contract to state some rules and payment issue. Can anyone guide me on what do I need? i.e any contract template I could get from?

Thank You,

Siron

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Guys,

I have interested friend who wanted to rent a room in my HDB flat. I do not wish to go through agent, but I believe min I need to prepare a simple contract to state some rules and payment issue. Can anyone guide me on what do I need? i.e any contract template I could get from?

Thank You,

Siron

Basically, elements of the contract can include:

- parties & property involved

- period of lease

- rental price

- deposit (if needed)

- does tenant need to service & maintain the AC in the room?

- permission to enter the room under what circumstances?

- tenant not to engage in unlawful activities

- terms on termination/extension

Hi Guys,

Thank You,

Siron

It is hard to avoid paying comm. The owner may also have an agent and the agent will charge you comm.

The market is basically cornered by agents. Pay the comm and move on. Get your own agent to rep you.

Agents do provide a useful function and they have contracts to help you transact.

Regards.

Edited by leechaorui

In my opinion, there is no need to get an agent, in fact for me, there is also no need to produce a contract agreement, just a verbal agreement will do. So long as you can see he/she is a decent person, follows your house rules, and is your friend, then there shouldn't be a problem.

But if you insist, I saw this in one website, http://smartpropertybuyer.blogspot.com/200...blog-links.html

Goodluck!

Room rental don't need to have agents! Why waste the money??

For tenancy agreements, just go to google and you will find tons of samples.

I have also posted a sample agreement drafted by CASE: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14089

Just amend the clauses to change from whole flat rent to room rent. Attached a copy of your floorplan, demarcate the room in RED, and indicate in the agreement which bedroom is it, voila, you have a room rental agreement!

is it monthly rental and deposit should be 1st day or last day of staying?

Edited by dean

i saw 1 HSR agent provided a hand written rental agreement. how come not printed copy.

Strange, should have printed copy.....

Rental payment can be anyday as long as both landlord & tenant agree

Strange, should have printed copy.....

Rental payment can be anyday as long as both landlord & tenant agree

if i engaged an agent, when supposed to pay agent commission. I got no time to handle all call. can engage more agent right or just one?

is it better to have furnished room such as simple wardrobe, the common room will have 6inch mattress.

Edited by dean

if i engaged an agent, when supposed to pay agent commission. I got no time to handle all call. can engage more agent right or just one?

is it better to have furnished room such as simple wardrobe, the common room will have 6inch mattress.

Upon handover or move-in

Yes you can engage more than 1 agent, but since you have no time to handle calls probably better to just engage 1 or 2 since the agents will also be calling you alot to arrange viewing...

Better to have simple furnishing

Tenants will expect at least a bedframe with mattress, and a wardrobe in the rooms. :)

Tenants will expect at least a bedframe with mattress, and a wardrobe in the rooms. :)

i will getting a bedframe with mattress and a wardrobe. do you find tenant yourself or by agent.

how do you do the agreement contract? how to find a tenant?

i will getting a bedframe with mattress and a wardrobe. do you find tenant yourself or by agent.

how do you do the agreement contract? how to find a tenant?

I just downloaded and printed out the agreement contract that was posted by forumer zirhk3355 at the top of this thread.

To find tenants, I posted ad on property sites. One agent was also kind to help me to post ad on one property site.

If you don't want to be 'bombarded' by phone calls during office hours or if you are not patient to answer lots of questions, it's better that you engage an agent to find your tenants hehe. :P I had to answer phone calls and smses during office hours for a few weeks. You must also be prepared to face bargaining of prices and conditions by some people. After my rooms were taken, I referred the people who called me, to my previous property agent who wanted tenants for her client's room.

Edited by forgotten

I just downloaded and printed out the agreement contract that was posted by forumer zirhk3355 at the top of this thread.

To find tenants, I posted ad on property sites. One agent was also kind to help me to post ad on one property site.

If you don't want to be 'bombarded' by phone calls during office hours or if you are not patient to answer lots of questions, it's better that you engage an agent to find your tenants hehe. :P I had to answer phone calls and smses during office hours for a few weeks. You must also be prepared to face bargaining of prices and conditions by some people. After my rooms were taken, I referred the people who called me, to my previous property agent who wanted tenants for her client's room.

Wow smart girl, the experience is money cannot buy. Once experienced, confidence established, I like that.

Edited by bepgof