Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
siron

Renting Out Procedures (hdb)

Hi Angelina,

This tenant ought to be given the sack. Who does he think he is? Like the owners were drawing a livelihood on his rental fees & owe him a living? He ought to be asked to move off from the room.

By the way, what's the nationality of this tenant? Is he a Singaporean, Singapore PR?

And did the owner specify in the TA (tenancy agreement) that he is only allowed to use the washing machine and washing of clothes twice a week?

It sounds like this tenant is a clean freak.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
When I told her that she was not allowed to bring people home, she asked me "Can I bring friends home for party and overnight stay?" :dancingqueen:

It's best to drop such tenants becox they don't understand simple logic & human language. I'm sorry if I came across as harsh in saying such things but isn't it clear enough to people with normal IQ that cannot bring people home = cannot bring friends/ relatives/ boyfriends back to stay?

Can vomit blood & get high blood pressure when speaking to such people. So better don't get them as tenants.

I also got client who had a tenant who every few minutes will come out of his room to take drinking water, boil water and take ice cubes, wash his water bottle, plates and cups.

He usually takes five minutes to wash one cup with lots of water and washing detergent. He will turn on the tap at full blash and use a long brush to scrub his things. After he did all his washing, refilling of water, boiling and everything, the whole kitchen table and floor will be full with water and soap. the water even drip all the way into the drawers and cupboards underneath. The worst part is that they are all made of wood and nicely maintained.

Even when he refil the thermal flask with hot water the area around the flask will be full of water. When he try refill the water in the ice case, the whole floor from the sink to the refrigerater will be wet and the freezer compartment also wet and the frige also wet with dripping water.

When he peel and cut the apple skin the whole floor also full of skin peels. Once the owner offered him a cut piece of apple with skin. He immediately go inside the kitchen to peel off the skin.

He only knows how to switch on the lights without switching off after using. When he came back and the house light was not on, he will turn on the lights all the way to his room. For example there is four switches on the socket bar, he will at one time switch on all four lights. He even left the iron on without switching off. The same apply to electric kettle.

He also cant be bothered to switch off the internet wireless modem after use in the nights. However when the owner put the modem inside his room for his convenient use, he will switch it off when not using cos he scared of radiation.

He also asked the owner to get water filter as he felt the singapore not clean. He changes and washes his pillow case everyday and washes a lot of clothes.

Dear all what do you think of the tenant?

He sounds like my ex-tenants LOL~ , except that they never ask me to install water filter.

Bobian, if we want to earn other people's $$, we have to bear with certain things.

Edited by forgotten

He sounds like my ex-tenants LOL~ , except that they never ask me to install water filter.

Bobian, if we want to earn other people's $$, we have to bear with certain things.

What is the nationality of your ex-tenants? S'poreans? Singapore PR?

What is the nationality of your ex-tenants? S'poreans? Singapore PR?

Filipinoes.

+ They sometimes don't flush toilet bowl after big business :D

Edited by forgotten

The owner homecooked meals and is kind to provide dinner FOC to the tenant everyday. He will take the food and eat in his room. Sometimes the owner will bring the food to his room.

The tenant eats very little rice like 2 spoonful and throw away the rest. He will leave the bowl with unfinished food and soup in the sink. For example, sometimes the owner cooked fried meehoon, he will just eat the veg and leave behind the whole bowl of unfinished beehoon. He requested for more veg to be cooked. He said he ate very little rice but a lots of vegetables and he was always hungry after the meal. Once, he only took a few sips of Korean ginseng soup and leave three-quarter unfinished bowl of soup in the sink. They are top-graded 6 years ginseng bought from Korea!

What do you think?

The owner homecooked meals and is kind to provide dinner FOC to the tenant everyday. He will take the food and eat in his room. Sometimes the owner will bring the food to his room.

The tenant eats very little rice like 2 spoonful and throw away the rest. He will leave the bowl with unfinished food and soup in the sink. For example, sometimes the owner cooked fried meehoon, he will just eat the veg and leave behind the whole bowl of unfinished beehoon. He requested for more veg to be cooked. He said he ate very little rice but a lots of vegetables and he was always hungry after the meal. Once, he only took a few sips of Korean ginseng soup and leave three-quarter unfinished bowl of soup in the sink. They are top-graded 6 years ginseng bought from Korea!

What do you think?

owner home cook food don't suit tenant taste

So in order not to waste any more food. Don't cook so much. Just enough for own self eat can liao.

Are they related?

There are chances that the landlords had been too nice to tenants so the tenants are taking things for granted & abusing their generosity.

It is preferrable that landlords adopt a wait & see attitude instead of treating them so nicely. Otherwise, they get taken advantage of becox the tenants wouldn't jux show respect when landlords r nice to them.

The worse scenario could be the tenants think that since they are paying rent for accomodation, they have the right to be demanding & throw their wait around.

So, it's recommended that the landlords keep their distance & see what happens. At least, it's easier to get things done if they need a telling-off.

No they are not related. Dont know if the food suitable or not but the tenant take whatever he wanted to eat himself. He said he liked to eat veg like broccoli and spinach. He threw away the food and drink milk instead if he was hungry.

Once the owner offered him some cut avocado but he rejected it as he said he dont eat raw and plain avocado. He only eats japanese style avocado with mayonaise and prawn.

Hi, recently we just rented out a room to a student, however he on air con day and night (does we have the right to tell him to on at night only)?

This week is his school holiday and he charge the laptop for almost 24 hrs. how much do you think our bill be as this is the first month and we yet to get the 1st bill. Our usual bill is always les than $100.

I learn from others that they do set rules like can only use aircon at night or set the temperature at 25 degrees and above.

From what you describe i think your bill will increase by at least $100.

Some people don't conserve energy as they thought they are not paying. They never give thoughts to other people and the environment. Thks

got 1 view the common room, 1st request lower rental for 1 person, room must got aircon allow to on 24 hr/7, must cook vegetable, must use living room to watch tv, bring friends to house. haha...scary.

Edited by dean

LAst time when i rented a room, i also on aircon whole day if i am at home. That is because there is no fan in the room so even if i want to on fan also cannot. So no choice, have to on aircon. Or else the room will be super hot!!! So if you don't want your tenant to on aircon for whole day, then give a fan as well.

Hi, recently we just rented out a room to a student, however he on air con day and night (does we have the right to tell him to on at night only)?

This week is his school holiday and he charge the laptop for almost 24 hrs. how much do you think our bill be as this is the first month and we yet to get the 1st bill. Our usual bill is always les than $100.

You can set rule, e.g. can only switch on aircon from 10pm to 10am. 1 of my ex-tenants bochap the rule even after I set the rule.

LAst time when i rented a room, i also on aircon whole day if i am at home. That is because there is no fan in the room so even if i want to on fan also cannot. So no choice, have to on aircon. Or else the room will be super hot!!! So if you don't want your tenant to on aircon for whole day, then give a fan as well.

It depends on the tenant hehe. I bought a big fan for my ex-tenant. In the end, she still switched on her aircon ~14 hours on working days and ~24 hours on non-working days. :D Beside that, I have no other issue with her.

Edited by forgotten