Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

Thanks for the infos.. :D

Using hardwired still have lag? But no lag when using USB directly connect to the media player right?

only those high memory files then lag, bluray files have big and enormous file size and bitrate.

still figuring out how to reduce the lag.........

i not using direct usb connect cos 1 portable harddisk is never going to be enough for me. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yo now you all discussing PS3 hor.. just wanna find out if you guys have any comments about this.. I was wondering what's the difference between PS3 40, 60, 80, or even up 250 GB? I mean besides the clear difference in memory available.. I read online procedures to change the memory is very simple, and most people will just shove in a 500gb 2.5inch sata then it becomes PS3 500!

So now the question is... will it be the same if i buy a secondhand 40gb PS3 (this is like about 200-250 bucks in the market), and then do a memory upgrade? Should I be worried about processing speed or any other factors?

thanks in advance!!

only those high memory files then lag, bluray files have big and enormous file size and bitrate.

still figuring out how to reduce the lag.........

i not using direct usb connect cos 1 portable harddisk is never going to be enough for me. :sport-smiley-004:

Ha.. let me know if can solve this problem hor.. no have the set up so cannot help.. :P

Must be have alot of good stuff at home.. Ha.. Overtime, can upgrade to server grade in future liao.. Ha..

yo now you all discussing PS3 hor.. just wanna find out if you guys have any comments about this.. I was wondering what's the difference between PS3 40, 60, 80, or even up 250 GB? I mean besides the clear difference in memory available.. I read online procedures to change the memory is very simple, and most people will just shove in a 500gb 2.5inch sata then it becomes PS3 500!

So now the question is... will it be the same if i buy a secondhand 40gb PS3 (this is like about 200-250 bucks in the market), and then do a memory upgrade? Should I be worried about processing speed or any other factors?

thanks in advance!!

Eh.. me not expert so just share share only.. according to this website, qisahn.com,

"4. PS3 slim (newer version) vs PS3 fat (older version)

As of firmware version 3.21, Sony has removed the ability to install "Other OS". All PS3 fat can install Linux (an open source operating system). Older PS3 fat can even play original PS2 games. PS3 slim can do neither, but PS3 slim is is cheaper (by about $100), thinner and saves more energy. In our opinion, PS3 slim is the better choice for most users."

I have asked abt the PS3 Slim before, is just different in term of harddisk size. If dun intend to download "that much" video into the Harddisk, the 120GB is enuf wic is cheaper.. next wld be the 250GB choice loh..

And PS3 fat can be "dismantled" but not that straight forward.. need to clone, partition etc.. PS3 Slim dun tink got video to teach "dismantle" yet.. Helpful? Ha.. your TV console... preparing for PS3 Slim? better have some vendilation space huh.. dun make it too small.. :P

thanks in advance!!

yes you are right, everything is the same ;) only the memory space diff nia

Ha.. let me know if can solve this problem hor.. no have the set up so cannot help.. :P

Must be have alot of good stuff at home.. Ha.. Overtime, can upgrade to server grade in future liao.. Ha..

i thinking of giving my PC the red card then change to network storage.

i thinking is it my PC lagging then cause the media player to lag also

but network storage costs a big bomb!

i got a shock when i was told the price........ :(

i thinking of giving my PC the red card then change to network storage.

i thinking is it my PC lagging then cause the media player to lag also

but network storage costs a big bomb!

i got a shock when i was told the price........ :(

I guess your PC is far away from your TV and is using long LAN cable to connect to media player and output to TV? If old PC then shld upgrade to one with faster LAN output e.g, Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports..

Buying a network storage may not solve your problem so need to do test to find out where's the lag from..

There's alot of factors wic could cause it to lag.. PC OS to clogged or LAN input/output not fast enuf, cable problem like too long LAN cable would cause more resistance aka slower Xfer and cable would also be bent at some points, etc etc..

Do a simple test 1st loh.. Format your PC to a clean state..

- Test 1) Connect As per norm and see if stil lags.

- Test 2) Bring PC to near the TV. Use a short LAN cable and connect PC-> media player -> TV. :yamseng:

Eh.. me not expert so just share share only.. according to this website, qisahn.com,

"4. PS3 slim (newer version) vs PS3 fat (older version)

As of firmware version 3.21, Sony has removed the ability to install "Other OS". All PS3 fat can install Linux (an open source operating system). Older PS3 fat can even play original PS2 games. PS3 slim can do neither, but PS3 slim is is cheaper (by about $100), thinner and saves more energy. In our opinion, PS3 slim is the better choice for most users."

I have asked abt the PS3 Slim before, is just different in term of harddisk size. If dun intend to download "that much" video into the Harddisk, the 120GB is enuf wic is cheaper.. next wld be the 250GB choice loh..

And PS3 fat can be "dismantled" but not that straight forward.. need to clone, partition etc.. PS3 Slim dun tink got video to teach "dismantle" yet.. Helpful? Ha.. your TV console... preparing for PS3 Slim? better have some vendilation space huh.. dun make it too small.. :P

Slim got liao leh haha.. i think i will try to upsize myself.. looks simple enough, especially if it's a new system with nothing to backup! yarrrr definitely must have enough space to ventilate the machine hehe... shall go ebay to find cheap ps3 now!!

yes you are right, everything is the same ;) only the memory space diff nia

hehe.. then i seriously wonder why ppl buy 250gb at like 500 bucks... maybe they dont wanna "risk" it.. but bahhhh it's always shiok to DIY and feel super accomplished haha!

Slim got liao leh haha.. i think i will try to upsize myself.. looks simple enough, especially if it's a new system with nothing to backup! yarrrr definitely must have enough space to ventilate the machine hehe... shall go ebay to find cheap ps3 now!!

hehe.. then i seriously wonder why ppl buy 250gb at like 500 bucks... maybe they dont wanna "risk" it.. but bahhhh it's always shiok to DIY and feel super accomplished haha!

Ha.. have to be careful huh.. is not simple just change Harddisk and copy things over loh...

Wha.. 1 for living room, 1 for Game room? Ha..

Ha.. have to be careful huh.. is not simple just change Harddisk and copy things over loh...

Wha.. 1 for living room, 1 for Game room? Ha..

hur hur yeah...i shall follow step by step instructions to do so... but still expensive leh PS3 compared to xbox and wii.. but it's so much nicer/cooler/awsomer!!! it's functions are much better too imo..

wah... shh... that's the grand plan don't let wifey hear hehehehe... :notti:

hur hur yeah...i shall follow step by step instructions to do so... but still expensive leh PS3 compared to xbox and wii.. but it's so much nicer/cooler/awsomer!!! it's functions are much better too imo..

wah... shh... that's the grand plan don't let wifey hear hehehehe... :notti:

Ya...better not let your wifey heard that, wait she say u spend more time on PS3 then to her.... :P

Just read jesslyntan blog.. Hope that her episode ends soon.. :yamseng:

Can't believe is just an episode from last year.. and Ah Soon started to accept jobs liao.. :curse:

Glad to know that there are lots of kind and helpful ppl here helping out those less fortunate.. Esp jaskel for offering his expertise.. :)

Edited by fencer