Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

My own cents worth only.. your tiler worksmanship is very bad..

- Even if the tile had chipped, he shld not even have put it up.

- Uneven can accepted but should have been minimal. esp not in the middle of the room etc.. corners stil ok..

Hmm.. Choice now? Some1 needs to be responsible for this so either the shop wic sells the tiles or the contractor. Mark out every single uneven, chipped. and count them, tak pics also. Ask contractor to make good all. If not, 1 uneven-ness, minus $100. 1 chipped minus $200. I'm sure some things would move?

Alternative, take all the pics and go down to the shop w contractor and let them decid who is right...

but dun accept such works.. coz you're going to live there for years.. imagine keep kicking and injuring yourself, wife or children..

We bought from quite a 'big' shop wor - SBH @ Changi.

My contractor said we'll see again after the washing.

Now the chipped parts on the wall are covered by switch & socket & the washing machine. Lucky still can hide.

White tiles so even more obvious.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We bought from quite a 'big' shop wor - SBH @ Changi.

My contractor said we'll see again after the washing.

Now the chipped parts on the wall are covered by switch & socket & the washing machine. Lucky still can hide.

White tiles so even more obvious.

My own view again.. dun waste too much time on it leh.. coz after wash.. and more things put in.. is even harder to replace..

some bad contractors like to drag so u got less time to rectify and have to accept it..

If can hide is good loh.. less work is needed.. no 1 can see also..

Washing would make the un-even-ness go away? if no, then dun waste time liao.. rectify the tiling prob before cont w the rest of renos..

Can you mark out all and take some close up pics to post? Mayb a range of defects?

My own view again.. dun waste too much time on it leh.. coz after wash.. and more things put in.. is even harder to replace..

some bad contractors like to drag so u got less time to rectify and have to accept it..

If can hide is good loh.. less work is needed.. no 1 can see also..

Washing would make the un-even-ness go away? if no, then dun waste time liao.. rectify the tiling prob before cont w the rest of renos..

Can you mark out all and take some close up pics to post? Mayb a range of defects?

I really doubt they'll rectify... hack & re-do?

I inspected the current rented unit that I'm now staying in Simei - shd be 1st owner till now, super old-fashion type flooring & stuff.

But all the tiles in the living/dining/rooms super smooth lei! Certain parts of the kitchen tiles also not even lah, but not as obvious as my new house's.

Will do what you've suggested & try to post the pics - tried once but not successful

Renovation really really so 烦!

I really doubt they'll rectify... hack & re-do?

I inspected the current rented unit that I'm now staying in Simei - shd be 1st owner till now, super old-fashion type flooring & stuff.

But all the tiles in the living/dining/rooms super smooth lei! Certain parts of the kitchen tiles also not even lah, but not as obvious as my new house's.

Will do what you've suggested & try to post the pics - tried once but not successful

Renovation really really so 烦!

Is up to them.. re-do, they lose money.. dun do, u lose but are you going to accept a hse like that after paying so much? Or minimize to re-do only those exposed area?

wic part of posting pics u not sucessful? or u PM me wic part you stuck.. easier..

reno no 100% sui sui mah.. just see how to best settle it w your contractor.. u pay him, he do his job as a contractor.. sui sui loh..

do not accept!!!!!! :furious::angry2: how can they give some crappy story like first batch no one use before??? I feel this is clearly a workmanship issue because i don't think $4 psf (I assume you are using 30x30 tiles) tiles should be uneven??

do not accept!!!!!! :furious::angry2: how can they give some crappy story like first batch no one use before??? I feel this is clearly a workmanship issue because i don't think $4 psf (I assume you are using 30x30 tiles) tiles should be uneven??

The no-one-use-before-no-complains was the reason SBH (tile co.) gave for the easily chipped & uneven 30x60 white wall tiles @ $2.40/pc.

Our floor tiles are 60x60 @ $4/pc.

Is that the Chicken Logo Brand?

I really really LOVE it!

Used it when I bot my 1st flat in Punggol

7 years ago... nearly 8 years now...

Still good as new in my kitchen

used for holding wet utensils after wash

no rust at all

Will definitely 100% use it in my next flat in CCK...

(hor jaskel? hor hor? ;) )

:D

Kvn

Yes, that's the brand WEL MI....ya...I recommend that to all. :good:

The no-one-use-before-no-complains was the reason SBH (tile co.) gave for the easily chipped & uneven 30x60 white wall tiles @ $2.40/pc.

Our floor tiles are 60x60 @ $4/pc.

Allow me to clarify on this issue regarding on 60x60cm tiles or 80x80cm or 60x90cm or any tiles dimension bigger than that. The bigger the tiles are, the unevenness for the tiles itself is even greater. If u would to put 2 tiles together on a even floor, u can feel the unevenness already. So regardless where u brought the tiles from, its the same. What the tilers can do is min. the effect of unevenness but unable to make it straight. But how unevenness it is, still won't go to 5mm different.

Edited by jaskel

er... :o

i tink he said "recommend"... not X'mas Gift :P :P

otherwise... I also wan ;):D

Yah.. Jaskel already took Panadol, Bao Ji wan and blue pills.. dun make him take more liao.. wait overdose loh.. :notti:

Allow me to clarify on this issue regarding on 60x60cm tiles or 80x80cm or 60x90cm or any tiles dimension bigger than that. The bigger the tiles are, the unevenness for the tiles itself is even greater. If u would to put 2 tiles together on a even floor, u can feel the unevenness already. So regardless where u brought the tiles from, its the same. What the tilers can do is min. the effect of unevenness but unable to make it straight. But how unevenness it is, still won't go to 5mm different.

I heard is coz the tiles are polished at different rates, therefore the uneven-ness.. and the bigger the tile size, greater degree of uneveness.

So is tiler's skill to minimize the uneven-ness.. wic max is 5mm? If more how huh? e.g possible tiles defect or likely be the skill of the tilers? can take up the tile and redo?

Comex 2010 next week at Suntec from 2-5 Sept.. :dancingqueen:

Good time to look for good bargains for your house.. ;)

yo, updates on the media player.

to have PS3 be able to play m2ts files, you have to manually delete the "s" behind each of the m2ts file names.

which i do not wan to mess around cos i might clash my other players linked to the files.

so i bought the PlayOn!HD mini player. tried to use it last night and it works!

even with a 30 metre LAN cable in between.

only problem i have now is that some movies stutters and some show unknown audio format.......

need more researching to find out why.

conclusion is: PS3 is good for games and playing movies with disc.

to link up a network media library, i think media players works better unless SONY gives a good patch to PS3 firmware soon.

;) ;) ;)

yo, updates on the media player.

to have PS3 be able to play m2ts files, you have to manually delete the "s" behind each of the m2ts file names.

which i do not wan to mess around cos i might clash my other players linked to the files.

so i bought the PlayOn!HD mini player. tried to use it last night and it works!

even with a 30 metre LAN cable in between.

only problem i have now is that some movies stutters and some show unknown audio format.......

need more researching to find out why.

conclusion is: PS3 is good for games and playing movies with disc.

to link up a network media library, i think media players works better unless SONY gives a good patch to PS3 firmware soon.

;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the infos.. :D

Using hardwired still have lag? But no lag when using USB directly connect to the media player right?