Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
budgetice

Tiring And Tedious

Our reno seems to have come to a standstill. The workmanship is very poor.

We have chipped tiles on our common toilet wall, Scratch Kitchen Sink, Chipped shoe cabinet , scratches all over our living rooms tiles because they did not cover up with corrugated board after painting.

Will post the picture soon.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Our reno seems to have come to a standstill. The workmanship is very poor.

We have chipped tiles on our common toilet wall, Scratch Kitchen Sink, Chipped shoe cabinet , scratches all over our living rooms tiles because they did not cover up with corrugated board after painting.

Will post the picture soon.

Oh no..!tts bad complain to yr I'd and ask her to resolve these problems..can acid wash solve the floor problem?actually my floor not really covered by the cupboard also ;(

trusted our ID to do the right thing, but maybe he not that experience..

Pics before the so call final touch which i doubt will recitify all the issues

DSCF4365.jpg

DSCF4479.jpg

DSCF4386.jpg

DSCF4382.jpg

Edited by budgetice

Champion painter.. must be painting with his eyes closed.. paint over plaster still continue to paint

DSCF4352.jpg

Paint started peeling already ..

DSCF4478.jpg

Edited by budgetice

Before

glass.jpg

After

DSCF4402TEST.jpg

hole in false ceiling - this one can be easily patch up, right?...

DSCF4374.jpg

I think for the shoe cabinet, maybe it is during delivery or handling there is a chip, I think ID can replace it..right?

dont think he has the intention to replace..

think they tried to cove up the laminate with somethings.. but the mark is still there.

The wardrobe was nicely done though..

Overall your place is well designed. I like the title of your T/blog. Like yours, I feel that my reno is also a tiring and tedious one.

Hope all will be completed to your satisfaction.

floorich came to replace my Pergo laminates and touch up on some scratches instead of replacing because the carpentary are up..

they made a comment before they left: " they never take care of your house when they work, if not wont be so jia lat "

well that just sums it up. We bought our own roll of corrugated board to cover some parts of the floor to prevent further damage.

Our contractor probably score a big fat 0/10 in terms of taking care of the owner stuff.

Urine marks on our toilet bowl, scratches on our laminated flooring, scratches on our lamiantes and scratches on our sink

While we understand things cannot be 100% done nicely during reno, we expect the workers to have the basic courtesy of taking care of our stuffs

Will i use laminated floors and engage this company again for my reno , probably not.

floorich came to replace my Pergo laminates and touch up on some scratches instead of replacing because the carpentary are up..

they made a comment before they left: " they never take care of your house when they work, if not wont be so jia lat "

well that just sums it up. We bought our own roll of corrugated board to cover some parts of the floor to prevent further damage.

Our contractor probably score a big fat 0/10 in terms of taking care of the owner stuff.

Urine marks on our toilet bowl, scratches on our laminated flooring, scratches on our lamiantes and scratches on our sink

While we understand things cannot be 100% done nicely during reno, we expect the workers to have the basic courtesy of taking care of our stuffs

Will i use laminated floors and engage this company again for my reno , probably not.

Hi my 2 cents worth,acid wash should be done before your cabinets are install after installing carpentary if the workers made a mess call up the ID and tell him/her.Then take photos and hire those $10 per hr to clean up and deduct from final payment but u have to havr date ND TIME ON THE PHOTO,.And all put final touch up for everything.My mum' house is undergoing reno and 2 of the tiles are chipped.I called up the co-ordinator and the next day tiler came to replace.

Hmmm... our id also din really cover our floor. alot of plaster on the tiles. luckily we use tiles instead of laminates. Our toilet also opened up and let them use... very dirty. planning to use bleach to throughly wash after reno is over. Have some cupboard laminates got scratches, but luckily not at a place where can be seen so letting it go.

i think you should raise these concerns to your id...

Hmmm... our id also din really cover our floor. alot of plaster on the tiles. luckily we use tiles instead of laminates. Our toilet also opened up and let them use... very dirty. planning to use bleach to throughly wash after reno is over. Have some cupboard laminates got scratches, but luckily not at a place where can be seen so letting it go.

i think you should raise these concerns to your id...

yes i think so too...must raise concerns. I think some things can be rectify...he did mine too...and help me to re-do the ceiling which my electrician had damage..

My mum' house is undergoing reno and 2 of the tiles are chipped.I called up the co-ordinator and the next day tiler came to replace.

yes contractor must be responsive to complains...

hi Adah, he told me what happend to ur false ceiling.. ;)

ID is reponsive and willing to replace some of the items but i am upset by this comment he made "people say we have good workmanship.. when people see workmanship, they only see carpentary skills , tiling skills etc. No oNe will notice if the tiles got scratches or not".

for chipped tiled, he mentioned its cut manually by tiler so will chip. I agree with him partially only. Chipped is also the joints chipped and not the surface right?

told him to touch up if he dont want to change the chipped tiles.

When the flooring guys made that comment, I guess my laminated floor must be one of the worst they have seen.

Maybe because he gave too much discount that its eating into his profit.. haha

Anyway, I just want the whole episode to be over. Maybe will spend $$ to look for better contractor to touch up for me or DIY.

Edited by budgetice