Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dream916

Is Painting Required For Newly Top Condominium?

Hi all,

I'll be getting my place soon. This is my first property and would like to check if I need to repaint the white wall.

I intend to paint the whole place white. I was told by my friend that since it's white paint, I don't have to repaint since the place is already painted white. Can I just take it as it is or I have to engage a painter to paint the place. I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

TIA:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Projects most often use Matex as the white wash.

This is actually a very good value product. But most ppl doing own reno will choose more premium paints, with low sheen, silky look etc. Matex gets dirty very easily due to it's roughness.

Also, projects.. the walls not say come with the very smooth plastered finish, that most ID will normally do.

Therefore, I think it really depends on own expectations.

Hi all,

I'll be getting my place soon. This is my first property and would like to check if I need to repaint the white wall.

I intend to paint the whole place white. I was told by my friend that since it's white paint, I don't have to repaint since the place is already painted white. Can I just take it as it is or I have to engage a painter to paint the place. I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

To each his own.

However, if you have reno, time & money, best to repaint again.

Edited by bepgof

depends on you... if have kids, then better get it painted using Wash&Wear those kinda paint, otherwise if stained is not easily removable.

Thanks all for the great advice! ;)

BTW, I would appreciate if someone can recommend me some reliable painters.

I went through the forum and so far, I only managed to get one contact.

To me, it's a must. I'm also looking, cos it's getting hard to find good and cheap painters nowadays. Btw, I swear by Nippon 3-in-1 Medifresh paint.

If it's the color you want and looks ok, then I think don't need to repaint.

My friend's place also just TOP, but the white paint was so thin, can see the uneveness...

Wonder if can get developer to repaint ;)