Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vhardono

Kitchen Renovation At Punggol

For the past 2 weeks I have sent 15-20 emails to ID and contractor to request for the quotation,but so far only 2 ID responded

One has replied with the quotation that i received this afternoon and the other one came to do site visit,measurement and promise to give the quotation by this week

This is the one quotation that i've received:

1stquotation.jpg

could you all expert here enlighten me whether is this a reasonable cost for kitchen renovation?

I kinda feel that the amount is a bit on the high side,isn't it?

I think this ID overquote. for one, why he quote u hacking of motar base when u dun hv a base? Electrical $800 for simple changing of switch? siao ah they?

I doing kitchen cabinets, doors, toilets, built in cabinets, wardrobe the most they quote is about 23k - 27K max (one quote 31K I threw it out :P) ur's only kitchen is 17K??!! he find u a carrot?

Edited by samgalz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
our first item bought for this reno:

BP-KZT_6104_IFIT-526314272.JPG

Ariston induction hob KZT6104IFIT

we bought it during mayer warehouse sale last week

as normal induction hob that consumes at least 6000W, surprisingly the max power consumption for this model is only 3000W for 4 burners. so means we can use it even with 13A plug to operate this hob

Hihi Vhardono,

I think this is is a vitroceramic model, not a induction and the max consumption can go up to 26A. Maybe you want to check with Mayer again or google? :unsure:

Hihi Vhardono,

I think this is is a vitroceramic model, not a induction and the max consumption can go up to 26A. Maybe you want to check with Mayer again or google? :unsure:

it's confirmed an induction hob as you can see on the official link below:

http://www.hotpoint-ariston.it/ha/products...oductId=48110IT

I also surprised that the max power is 3000w only thus require 13A plug

I cannot confirm. I see the word vetroceramic too. :). I believe the Mayer salesperson would have let u know when u purchase it.

I believe it's 100% induction hob cos the word "induction" is printed 4 times in the middle of each burner,but i still can't fully test it until the reno is complete :(

Edited by vhardono

I believe it's 100% induction hob cos the word "induction" is printed 4 times in the middle of each burner,but i still can't fully test it until the reno is complete :(

I guess u have to test it when u can. Vetro ceramic hobs are called vetro ceramic induction hobs sometimes. I am unsure as I have not seen the model u bought. Anyway, the main difference is u won't get burn when u put ur palm on the induction hob when u on it. U get burn if u do that on a vetro ceramic hob.

I guess u have to test it when u can. Vetro ceramic hobs are called vetro ceramic induction hobs sometimes. I am unsure as I have not seen the model u bought. Anyway, the main difference is u won't get burn when u put ur palm on the induction hob when u on it. U get burn if u do that on a vetro ceramic hob.

Oh no, Mickey I think you are right. I've google and the images shows that it's vetroceramic hob... :(

Vhardono, think you shd quickly call up Mayer if that's not what you wanted...

Oh no, Mickey I think you are right. I've google and the images shows that it's vetroceramic hob... :(

Vhardono, think you shd quickly call up Mayer if that's not what you wanted...

Thanks for your concern.

on the hob it's printed "induction",also on the invoice that i got from mayer is stated that it's an induction hob,but to clear the doubt, i'll ring them in the morning to verify all of this :unsure:

Update: I checked with Mayer this morning and the person confirmed that mine is an induction model.it's discontinued model and Mayer now clearing the stock of similar model but vitroceramic model (NRC641DB) at $999

Update: I checked with Mayer this morning and the person confirmed that mine is an induction model.it's discontinued model and Mayer now clearing the stock of similar model but vitroceramic model (NRC641DB) at $999

wah, a big relief for u then!!:)

That's great :good:

Lucky. :D. How much u bought urs?

Lucky. :D. How much u bought urs?

it's $999 but got 6 months warranty only cos display set.

really regret that i didn't bought ariston built-in microwave and catalytic oven during the show.now can't get that price anymore :(

Just came back from Megatex at Expo and thinking to buy several kitchen appliances from Bosch:

MCSA038012_HBA13B250A_defeps.jpg

Bosch Oven HBA13B250A

MCSA037224_HMT35M653_defeps.jpg

Bosch Microwave HMT35M653B

DHI922GSG_DHI622GSGBigimage600x169.jpg

Bosch Cooker Hood DHI622GSG

MCSA038576_KIS38A41NE_def_Preview60.jpg

Bosch Built-in Fridge KIS38A41NE

is it a good buy? any comments?

Edited by vhardono

Yesterday, I went to IMM and approach some ID.

Learned that they offer acrylic and glass as the alternative of laminate finish for kitchen cabinet.

Do you have any experience of acrylic or glass compared to laminate?

it seems that acrylic is more reflective but prone to scratches