Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vhardono

Kitchen Renovation At Punggol

Just received 3rd quotation from K*itc*nZ*ne at whooping $25k for the same Reno plus hacking n laying new tiles for kitchen.

Is it that difficult to engage ID to do our Reno?

Most of them say will get back to me but so far got nothing except those Extorbiant quotation.

I really want this Reno to be completed asap and willing to meet sincere ID that willing to quote and do the job.

Or do u think this Reno is too small and not worth it for them?

Anyone can recommend your ID?Our budget is around 12k

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally, after receiving 5 quotation from different ID (Ultimate, Home Guide, Gracious Lodge, KitchenZone, Monriche) we decided to engage Kitchen Zone as our ID to renovate our kitchen.

The final quotation is around $14k which is not the cheapest but we feel comfortable to engage them

Tomorrow they promise to apply the renovation permit to HDB and hopefully next week we can see the renovation start.

Here is the cost breakdown:

kitchenzone1.jpg

kitchenzone2.jpg

Edited by vhardono

today, we went to some tile shops along balestier road and choose matt finished grey 600 x600 homogenous tile and polished marble mosaic as the separation between kitchen and living room tiles, but only managed to take the photo of mosaic tile:

IMG_0158.jpg

after that went to jalan besar to choose kitchen sink, but only limited model that fulfill our criteria. finally decided to take Rubine sink 580 x 410 which is similar as below for $280. Hopefully this is the best deal.

sqx810.jpg

Now only left the kitchen tap mixer to be purchased. Thinking to buy either Franke Peridot with Pullout from Asia Excel for $484 or Grohe Minta from Ebay for $370 incl shipping.

- Grohe Minta 32168

32168000.gif

- Franke Peridot with pull out

pro_taps_12.jpg

*Finally decided to take Grohe Minta,ordered from Germany at $350 incl shipping. Normal retail price at most Singapore shops is SGD885,totally rip off...

Edited by vhardono

i send email first, then some will send back quote and request to meet. some will request to meet before quote. Am now waiting for DX to quote after I meet him

It's normal to request for meet ups. Responsible IDs and contractors will want to know your needs better to get more accurate quotes.

Renowork Day +1

Finally,after waiting HDB approval,the kitchen renovation start today.

Dismantling old cabinet, hacking the tile and demolishing the wall started from 930am and finish at 3pm.really fast...

3pm plumber came to realign the water inlet pipe to accommodate new point for washing machine

tomorrow there won't be any work cos due to my schedule.reno will commence back on Thursday with waterproofing and tiling work

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Edited by vhardono

What is your ETA for your grohe tap?

Seems a good bargain

the shop just mail the tap yesterday afternoon.

ETA 2 weeks with DHL Express which I believe could arrive even sooner

their website is:

http://www.insani24.de/

their listed price is for German customer,and for us they will minus off 19% German VAT

today,the reno work has been postponed again for the second time.is it normal?

the first was hacking wall n tiles which has been scheduled on Monday and Tuesday was postponed to Tuesday but finished within a day

Now waterproofing and tiling work that supposed to start on Wednesday and Thursday is postponed due to communication error with the tiler and my ID promised that this waterproofing n tiling will complete in 1 day instead of 2 day so it won't affect the handover date

is it common for ID not sticking to the schedule?

Edited by vhardono

today,the reno work has been postponed again for the second time.is it normal?

the first was hacking wall n tiles which has been scheduled on Monday and Tuesday was postponed to Tuesday but finished within a day

Now waterproofing and tiling work that supposed to start on Wednesday and Thursday is postponed due to communication error to tomorrow and my ID promised that this waterproofing n tiling will complete in 1 day instead of 2 day.

Hmm .... sounds fishy.

Waterproofing can not be rushed. Because you need time for the water proofing. If he said it would be done in 1 day, most probably it's BS. You better check the waterproofing works. You wouldn't want everything is ready then suddenly need to redo the flooring again due to water proofing.

he said that the waterproofing is the one that prepacked together with cement so no issue to finish within one day. any tips how to check the waterproofing?

normally how long it takes to do waterproofing just for kitchen? is it 1 day for waterproofing and another 1 day for tiling?

he said that the waterproofing is the one that prepacked together with cement so no issue to finish within one day. any tips how to check the waterproofing?

normally how long it takes to do waterproofing just for kitchen? is it 1 day for waterproofing and another 1 day for tiling?

If u are stringent, can tell them to flood the flooring after waterproofing is done to test the quality.

Edited by Mickey M

Renowork Day +4

Tiler came this morning and completed their tiling and cement screed work.

quite happy with their work and finishing.

Decided to use cement grouting instead of white for marble mosaic,what do you think?white or cement colour match better?

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Tomorrow only plumber will come to do piping and connect to my washing machine. already 1 week cannot wash clothes :(

No more reno work till Tuesday.Box up, false ceiling touchup,plastering and painting is scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday

Stay tuned

Renowork Day +8

As promised by my ID, today was box up and touch up of false ceiling and plastering work.

Quite doubtful that can finished today cos the worker only came around 4pm but everything was up and done by 7.30pm

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Tomorrow is the acid wash and painting job and delivery of my kitchen appliances from Bosch