Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phluvcat

Taken For A Ride By Seller For 2 Years

Ours is a long history. To cut the story short, it goes like this:

1) Viewed flat in April 2008 and signed OTP thereabout. Then valuation was 260K and selling price 305K. Paid 1k and 4k immediately and exercised the option. Seller was a bankrupt. Divorced from wife but still staying together under the same roof.

2) Due to one reasons or another by seller (need time to find flat, court order to transfer to wife, etc), we were willing to wait.

3) Come 2009. On agent's advice, redo valuation, this time 304K, selling price 305K. Seller still willing to sign OTP. Exercise immediately using the previous 1 + 5K cash paid to them.

4) Still not yet settle court order in Aug 2009. To expedite process, we helped to pay over 2K cash to engage lawyer to help them process court order to sell under wife's name.

5) Court order completed in Nov 2009. Seller still not yet obtain HLE citing various stupid reason and that loan may be in issue.

6) Couple of months back, due to revision of HDB loan regulation, seller no more excuses but still give excuses (busy with work, off-shore, computer spoilt).

7) All these while promises to meet us and promises to sell to us but did not take the necessary actions to see it thru.

8) 31 March 1st Appt and before that seller inform agent he not coming. We went down anyway to take opportunity to discuss with HDB what to do. Almost come to a quarrel with HDB and sort of force them to postpone the appt for one more week. HDB said they only facilitate process and will cancel the 1st appt next week if seller stilll dun come.

9) 7 April 1st Appt. Only wife come down the husband again said he cannot leave work. Waited from 1pm to 5.30pm in the hope he will make it. No.

10) Son came down around 5pm to say sorry to us in his father behaviour and beg us not to take court action against his father. Admitted for the first time that there is ah long activities at their place although during the 2008 to 2009 period there is no such activity.

There we are, left high and dry and in the risk of not being able to take HDB loan nor the grant as any adjustments to any of our salary will burst the stupid 8k ceiling. I had filed a caveat against the property just a week before the 1st appointment.

Totally at a loss what to do. If take court action not sure if we can take anything back. If ask wife to do another court order and pay about 4k and wait another 1/2 year, dunno what pattern the husband to do to spoil it all. It is not as if we are not understanding. For 2 years, we have met up, listened to and accommodate the husband's reasons (or rather excuses) for delaying the process. And recently, we also wanted to meet up with the husband and listen /evaluate his concerns and difficulties. But he had not given all parties the chance to get a clear picture, to resolve the problems and to see the way forward. We had previously even allowed them to stay on in the flat for 1/2 a year until they get a new unit.

It really sound so stupid also on our part, waiting so long and getting played out by the husband. The wife is too soft and scared of the husband.

Housing price is so high now, very upset and contemplating leaving this god dam country, everything is rising and people are becoming nastier by the day.

This is what we get for being kind-hearted souls - to be played out and stepped all over the head (even at work also like that)

Any sound advice to resolve or even partially resolve the problem will be welcome.

Thanks a lot guys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Any sound advice to resolve or even partially resolve the problem will be welcome.

Thanks a lot guys.

My sympathies with you. Consult a lawyer on the next step.

The sellers are really using you. It's too much.

However, you might want to consider to cut your losses.

I am really sorry but frankly what is so special about that house that u waited 2 yrs and go thru so much dilemma. from beginning is obviuosly a prob unit. now is ahlong flat sumore..phew

I don't have so much patience. I would have given up on the unit after 6 months of waiting. Somemore, property prices are rising as the months go by.

I am really sorry but frankly what is so special about that house that u waited 2 yrs and go thru so much dilemma. from beginning is obviuosly a prob unit. now is ahlong flat sumore..phew

1) Facing a garden

2) Near Nature Reserve

3) Squarish layout with great flexibility in renovation

4) Point block

5) Recess area bought and really usable

6) Not east-west facing

7) and more...

U can call me blinded but nobody who knows of this case will ever think that the husband will play such tricks. As much as I pity myself, I pity his family.

Edited by phluvcat

Your post now sacre the **** out of me.

I've just paid the $1k + $4k deposit to a bankrupt seller that dun show face.

All the while I'm only dealing with his agent.... I've to keep my finger cross.

Both the seller are Singaporean, hence they do not need OA consent to sell HDB flat.

OA only for non-Singaporean?

Do you had another doc or URL for me to read up

Curious, want to understand more

OA only for non-Singaporean?

Do you had another doc or URL for me to read up

Curious, want to understand more

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/...ment#Bankruptcy

"The Official Assignee's consent is not required if a bankrupt flat owner wishes to sell his/her HDB flat which does not vest in the Official Assignee. This applies to bankrupt flat owners who belong to Singapore citizen households.

For bankrupt flat owners of Singapore Permanent Resident Households ("SPR households"), it is a requirement that they get the Official Assignee's consent before they can sell their flat. The letter of consent must be obtained from the OA before the owners grant an Option to Purchase to the prospective buyers."

I sent an email to the OA, and question what IF the seller play foul, keep the deposit and do not go ahead with the sales.

So far I've not received any reply yet.

TS,

Seems like seller only signed OTP, didn't complete 1st and 2nd appointment. There isn't much you can do about it except to look else where and file claim on them for the differences should u buy more expensive.

Seriously, 2 years is not short, i doubt that the seller is sincere in wanting to sell you their house.

I suggest your start looking else where.

TS,

Seems like seller only signed OTP, didn't complete 1st and 2nd appointment. There isn't much you can do about it except to look else where and file claim on them for the differences should u buy more expensive.

Seriously, 2 years is not short, i doubt that the seller is sincere in wanting to sell you their house.

I suggest your start looking else where.

Even if the seller decides to sell off the house now, he also won't sell it to TS at 305K. :( Why? The house can fetch a much higher price by selling it to another buyer, as the property price has gone up a lot over these 2 years.

Edited by forgotten

Even if the seller decides to sell off the house now, he also won't sell it to TS at 305K. :( Why? The house can fetch a much higher price by selling it to another buyer, as the property price has gone up a lot over these 2 years.

I still have a few options left. Thinking which way to go best, of course including looking at other units ler.

I already file caveat on his unit. By "making noise" at HDB, they are now aware the couple is divorce and should move out. Wondering how I should remind HDB that people are using the loophole in their system to take advantage of people.

Hope they jolly well execute their due diligence.

Surprised to find that many people are in the same boat as me, although the length of journey is different.

Seriously, if he willing to negotiate, I willing to talk, even for higher price.

:P