Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green giraffe

The Diary Of A Wimpy House Owner

Is that a sperm handle i am seeing at the door?

Erh...What's a sperm handle? Luckily is for my boys' room, cant imagine installing in a girl's room.

hahaha... really cracks up my sunday morning.

imagine u having hard hearing one fine day and u missed out the last word in a sentence usually,

yr girl come running to you, "Mummy! i can't reach the sperm!"

wahahahahaha

ok, TAT ASIDE.

hey, yr big big house is like progressive much faster than my hdb you know.

godspeed over there huh.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Are you kidding? No way you gonna be one of the monkeys, that's a total waste of talent! With your super power, you'll have to be the zoo keeper. I need (wo)manpower to tame the animals. ;)

thanks wor, am touched, can u see my tears? Will log the date on my iphone calendar once ur zoo open house is announced. i'm sure my monkey will click with urs.

Hi giraffe...

Right now I'm looking for toilet bowl & highly considering Toto brand.

Do you have any idea how much the price range is for standard models (not wall-hung one), like those that still come with water tank one?

thanks wor, am touched, can u see my tears? Will log the date on my iphone calendar once ur zoo open house is announced. i'm sure my monkey will click with urs.

I got no talent but i'm a good encourager. Can I be the listener and will clap as loud as I can. :D

But really, ur hse is very nice, just by looking at the raw works now.

Wow gg, one of the best blogs I have read! Like your humour and you are really cute. :P Couldn't help but retrieve my password to leave a comment. Enjoyed 'watching' your house in progress.

I wanted to ask something. You mentioned earlier that you decided to extend the 2nd floor rather than add another attic. What's the difference in the cost? I have just bought an investment property and am thinking of redoing the house. Been wondering if it is worth the while to just extend or build another floor.

Thanks!

Thank you for your kind words, diffphase, "Lo, like the Cheshire cat our court will grin"..... i am now grinning like the Cheshire cat..... 37hrs 43mins later..... the grin is still there. :D

Sorry i can give you an indication of the cost difference because we did not do a comparison of the cost of extending 2nd floor vs adding an attic. We have always wanted to have only 2 floors because

i) too old to climb up and down 3 floors many times a day to chase after my 4 monkeys.

ii) 3rd floor seems like another continent (after living in pigeon holes my entire life).

iii) Might suffer from premature Empty Nest Syndrome when all the kids prefer to hang out with their friends at the cool attic rather than the fuddy duddy kitchen.

Can pm you my contractor's number if you are keen to get quotation to do a comparison.

Cheers :D (still grinning.....)

Edited by green giraffe

hahaha... really cracks up my sunday morning.

imagine u having hard hearing one fine day and u missed out the last word in a sentence usually,

yr girl come running to you, "Mummy! i can't reach the sperm!"

wahahahahaha

ok, TAT ASIDE.

hey, yr big big house is like progressive much faster than my hdb you know.

godspeed over there huh.

Time flies when you are having fun hanging out at Jln Besar, Balestier, Sungei Kadut and the likes. It has actually been 4 months. Hey your place will take about 4 - 6 weeks right? Gonna be very fast, just blink a few more times ya.

Hi giraffe...

Right now I'm looking for toilet bowl & highly considering Toto brand.

Do you have any idea how much the price range is for standard models (not wall-hung one), like those that still come with water tank one?

hi chiyank,

Sorry, did not do research on that. Cant help you there. :(

I got no talent but i'm a good encourager. Can I be the listener and will clap as loud as I can. :D

But really, ur hse is very nice, just by looking at the raw works now.

Dear gals_mama,

Thank you for our support. You are too modest lah. You are the one who moulds our future leaders and nurture our young right? (if i recall correctly). That reminds me, got to crack my head and think of gifts for my kids' teachers. Do you think it's appropriate to give them my spare Hansgrohe shower bar, outdoor door bell and bottle trap? (oh no... am turning into a reno freak...help!)

The Floor Trap Story

Once upon a time, read an Australian Bathroom and Kitchen (or is it the other way round) magazine and was smitten by the floor trap in the shower area. It was seamless, streamline and simply beautiful without the jarring stainless steel or ugly white floor trap. Requested contractor to copycat the design. Like all reproduction, the effect is not as good as the real deal. However, am always reminded that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. So here's my monkey floor trap in the kids' bathroom.

Custom made floor trap with metal bracket and floor tile glued on.

IMG_0218.jpg

Can be removed for cleaning and maintenance

IMG_0219.jpg

well, at least it looks nice enough. so ur HO coming soon I believe?

Suppose to hand over next week but carpentry still in progress and house still look messy. Moving our things in on 6 sept and we will only officially move in on 12 sept. However feeling a little flustered now cos some items not bought yet, house not packed yet, garden not settled yet. Can transfer some of your super power to me?

zim zam zoop~!

feel the powers yet? :lol:

something simpler would be "JIA YOU!"

Edited by samgalz

Dear gals_mama,

Thank you for our support. You are too modest lah. You are the one who moulds our future leaders and nurture our young right? (if i recall correctly). That reminds me, got to crack my head and think of gifts for my kids' teachers. Do you think it's appropriate to give them my spare Hansgrohe shower bar, outdoor door bell and bottle trap? (oh no... am turning into a reno freak...help!)

hahaha the outdoor bell can be used to quiet the kiddos in sch?

The Floor Trap Story

Once upon a time, read an Australian Bathroom and Kitchen (or is it the other way round) magazine and was smitten by the floor trap in the shower area. It was seamless, streamline and simply beautiful without the jarring stainless steel or ugly white floor trap. Requested contractor to copycat the design. Like all reproduction, the effect is not as good as the real deal. However, am always reminded that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. So here's my monkey floor trap in the kids' bathroom.

Custom made floor trap with metal bracket and floor tile glued on.

Can be removed for cleaning and maintenance

Looks like quite big gaps for the water to flow through .... and things to drop through. I'd be careful about rings and other small personal items going down. Maybe consider putting some mesh backing?