Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green giraffe

The Diary Of A Wimpy House Owner

and you? the giraffe eh. haha

well, the discounted items at Lifestorey seems to good to give it a miss isn't it.

anyway, head down to Mega. am quite confident the pricing are attractive. HN is reputable for its extended warranty but then if you need that, I understand you can buy the extended warranty from aviva itself. Or that's what i heard so far. extended warranty or not, i still feel Mega is nicer to shop. 2 cents view

Yap..I'm the short giraffe.

Thanks for advice. Am in love with the Bosch KAD62S20 Side by side fridge in white coloured glass. However its made in China. So we are thinking of getting the extended warranty as a form of insurance. Despite everyone saying that Japanese brand is reliable, we are quite "Iron Teeth", die die want to get Bosch fridge to match with the rest of the appliances. I know it sounds silly and irrational. :) We figured we are setting up a zoo after all dont need to be so politically correct lah.

For the rest of the kitchen appliances like oven, steam oven, dish washer etc will check it out at Mega.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The Basin story

We were looking for two wooden bowl basins for our master bedroom toilet for a few months but all the effort was wasted. We did find two wooden bowls which can be converted to basins at Wodd design but after looking at them for 3 mins, hubby said its too raw and primitive for him. Sigh.... what should we get now?

We did get an usual basin from The Life Shop. It was love at first sight and the price was good to boot. As with all good things, they are hard to come by. That was the LAST piece. So we are using it in the powder room instead. Will get a goose neck tap to go with it.

Basin for powder room

th_download-3.jpg

Was elated when we chance upon some marble basins at d-bodhi. Again that happiness lasted only a few minutes. Those that i like was either sold or the only piece left.

Almost wanted to get one black and one cream but taking a deep breath and visualization save the day

Basin22.jpg

Eventually, we got 2 square basins in black marble.

Basin12.jpg

Told ID about our purchase. She said we have to change our vanity top from white solid surface to black granite to match. Hope its not gonna cost us more.

Thanks for advice. Am in love with the Bosch KAD62S20 Side by side fridge in white coloured glass. However its made in China. So we are thinking of getting the extended warranty as a form of insurance. Despite everyone saying that Japanese brand is reliable, we are quite "Iron Teeth", die die want to get Bosch fridge to match with the rest of the appliances. I know it sounds silly and irrational. :) We figured we are setting up a zoo after all dont need to be so politically correct lah.

For the rest of the kitchen appliances like oven, steam oven, dish washer etc will check it out at Mega.

We figured we are setting up a zoo after all dont need to be so politically correct lah - gd one. that saves a lot on appliances and sanitary wares. well... the world is your urinal. wahahah... just kidding, no offence ya

suppose you will do your research for pricing, so give Mega the last stop and ask them to match the pricing. they're most likely able to. happy shopping!

I like to read your blog. Very humourous.

Good to see that you are now buying stuff to install in your house.

We figured we are setting up a zoo after all dont need to be so politically correct lah - gd one. that saves a lot on appliances and sanitary wares. well... the world is your urinal. wahahah... just kidding, no offence ya

suppose you will do your research for pricing, so give Mega the last stop and ask them to match the pricing. they're most likely able to. happy shopping!

Shucks! Should have thought of that earlier! :bangwall: A jungle theme would have saved me a bundle than the modern resort theme. It will be one of its kind, can even start charging entrance fee to recoup reno cost (will throw in free bananas to feed the monkeys...hee..hee).

Yes, have an inkling of the prices of the firewood we have shortlisted. Is Mega at kallang leisure a good place to negotiate price? You know we women folks like to go to the 6th floor. :)

I like to read your blog. Very humourous.

Good to see that you are now buying stuff to install in your house.

Thanks leechaorui for your kind words. :) You made my day! But dont let my kids read this. They think that I am a strict, no nonsense hyperventilating mom with a perpetual toothache (urrghhh..STop IT!..Grunt, grunt..swearing under breath..You gonna Get IT!) and botak head (child induced, self inflicted).

Yes shopping for the house is both a joy and a pain. Its an emotional roller coaster for me.

Wah..that light is NICE!! :)

What.. No stock?? :(

Good, can order! :)

What? So expensive? :(

Yeah, got discount :)

What? wait so looong!! :(

Its also very time consuming to go round comparing prices but the satisfaction is enormous when one lands with a good bargain. And most importantly, to procure the most beautiful lamp/sofa/table/bed/TV/oven/fan/basin/tap/WC etc

Expecting some delivery of the fruits of my labour today. Will post pix.

Shucks! Should have thought of that earlier! :bangwall: A jungle theme would have saved me a bundle than the modern resort theme. It will be one of its kind, can even start charging entrance fee to recoup reno cost (will throw in free bananas to feed the monkeys...hee..hee).

Yes, have an inkling of the prices of the firewood we have shortlisted. Is Mega at kallang leisure a good place to negotiate price? You know we women folks like to go to the 6th floor. :)

u r cute!! :lol:

haha...mega KLP is quite ok. I bought my stuff there as well. yeah, we woman are all aiming high lah...:lol:

haha...mega KLP is quite ok. I bought my stuff there as well. yeah, we woman are all aiming high lah... :lol:

Ok. Will head down there this weekend. Will park hubby in front of the TV section. Now that the world cup is over, he will be contended watching cars being blown up or scantily clad women with huge bosoms running away from decepticon :dribble: ..... while I slowly climb to the 6th floor ;)

Ok. Will head down there this weekend. Will park hubby in front of the TV section. Now that the world cup is over, he will be contended watching cars being blown up or scantily clad women with huge bosoms running away from decepticon :dribble: ..... while I slowly climb to the 6th floor ;)

hahaha...the way u phrase it, machiam ur hubby is the kid that needs the TV to entertain him while u shop... thought the guys are the tech geeks? so he not going ard reading the specs ah? :lol:

dun forget the ice age 2, the pororo that they show too! :lol:

hahaha...the way u phrase it, machiam ur hubby is the kid that needs the TV to entertain him while u shop... thought the guys are the tech geeks? so he not going ard reading the specs ah? :lol:

dun forget the ice age 2, the pororo that they show too! :lol:

All men are boys in disguise lah. We have more or less settled on Panasonic 50" plasma but cant decide on which series. We are also looking at either Sony EX4 32" LCD or Panasonic 32" LCD for the family area. He will be more than happy to check out the TV specs (not forgetting Megan Fox's specs :P ) cos he is quite depraved, can only watch TV after the kids have gone to bed.

You see, I belong to the school of thought that proclaim "too much TV for Kids will kill/alter/reprogramme their brain cells". Better read more books if you want to be a genius. However, the irony is that we are going to have 3 TV sets at the new house....this decision was met with disbelief by our friends, "why so many? you guys dont watch TV!" Errmm....can bai mei, i suppose.

...yes the squirrel in Ice Age cracks (pun intended) me up. Really admire his determination :bow:

Edited by green giraffe

The Basin story

We were looking for two wooden bowl basins for our master bedroom toilet for a few months but all the effort was wasted. We did find two wooden bowls which can be converted to basins at Wodd design but after looking at them for 3 mins, hubby said its too raw and primitive for him. Sigh.... what should we get now?

We did get an usual basin from The Life Shop. It was love at first sight and the price was good to boot. As with all good things, they are hard to come by. That was the LAST piece. So we are using it in the powder room instead. Will get a goose neck tap to go with it.

Basin for powder room

th_download-3.jpg

Was elated when we chance upon some marble basins at d-bodhi. Again that happiness lasted only a few minutes. Those that i like was either sold or the only piece left.

Almost wanted to get one black and one cream but taking a deep breath and visualization save the day

Basin22.jpg

Eventually, we got 2 square basins in black marble.

Basin12.jpg

Told ID about our purchase. She said we have to change our vanity top from white solid surface to black granite to match. Hope its not gonna cost us more.

black granite is about the same price as solid surface.. unless you go for polyester (which i doubt you would)

if your ID wants you to pay more, let me know, I can get it cheap direct from supplier :D

black granite is about the same price as solid surface.. unless you go for polyester (which i doubt you would)

if your ID wants you to pay more, let me know, I can get it cheap direct from supplier :D

Thanks ossify for the kind offer. Will keep that in mind. Any problem in using granite for vanity top? What about marble basin? is it difficult to maintain?

Hey there Mr Postman

An updated picture of my meter box cum letter box cum newspaper box. The slot for letters/newspapers seems too high, good for giraffes but not humans. Will check with contractor to see if there is anyway to make our hardworking postal and media workers job easier.

P1060831.jpg

The inside view of the post/newspaper box. Its so huge, we can keep our spare tyres...

P1060822.jpg

pse don't start charging... you may have a mob coming after you for refund citing how in this world is there a short giraffe! haha

Mum: son, today, we are going to a new zoo. you know.. That zoo has fascinating creatures like the tall tall giraffe at one side, the cutest monkeys at the other side...

Son: mum, you're lying. that short giraffe there? has 4 monkeys jumping all over her!

Mum: d a m n, am gona call town council!

wahahahahahahahah

are you silently stalking my blog? hahaha

haha...mega KLP is quite ok. I bought my stuff there as well. yeah, we woman are all aiming high lah...:lol:

i reckon the next best word to describe a short giraffe is yeah.. she's cute. hahaha

All men are boys in disguise lah. We have more or less settled on Panasonic 50" plasma but cant decide on which series. We are also looking at either Sony EX4 32" LCD or Panasonic 32" LCD for the family area. He will be more than happy to check out the TV specs (not forgetting Megan Fox's specs :P ) cos he is quite depraved, can only watch TV after the kids have gone to bed.

You see, I belong to the school of thought that proclaim "too much TV for Kids will kill/alter/reprogramme their brain cells". Better read more books if you want to be a genius. However, the irony is that we are going to have 3 TV sets at the new house....this decision was met with disbelief by our friends, "why so many? you guys dont watch TV!" Errmm....can bai mei, i suppose.

...yes the squirrel in Ice Age cracks (pun intended) me up. Really admire his determination :bow:

oh pse pse pse pse.. go Panasonic V series. is the latest plasma 3D hdtv. for the ultimate black i tell you.

if it helps to have your hubby's attention back, tell your hubby there's hearsay that the Megan Fox is a he.

he may not want to see Megan Fox looking for that cam shaft in the movie ever again. wahahahah

not that it matters, Fox is not going to be in Transformers 3.

don't lie. 3 tvs sets cause you wanna them to read more Ebooks! hahaha

Thanks ossify for the kind offer. Will keep that in mind. Any problem in using granite for vanity top? What about marble basin? is it difficult to maintain?

no problem at all, it will be my pleasure to help you save money :D

i'm sure your contractor already told you that granite appears darker when wet. but if you're going for black granite, dark black is still black :D

both granite and marble are natural materials, so there is slight porosity. i wouldn't say it's difficult to maintain unless you own a white or very light coloured basin and tend to drop your lipstick often. from what i can see, your marble basin is very dark. so.. it should be fine.

Marble sinks cleaning is little more difficult as it is more porous and absorbency is more .To prevent marble sinks from absorbing fluids sealing is required. For regular cleaning use soft cleaning liquid that contains mild bleach or detergent. Acidic solutions can cause etching of the marble sinks. So care should be taken to prevent marble sinks coming in contact with orange juice, soft drinks and other acidic materials. Never use acidic cleaners on your marble sink acid will eat up the marble. Marble sinks should be rinsed and dried after each use to prevent water spots. If, your marble sink has the problem of etching and water spots it is better to get it re -polished and re-finished by an expert professional.

can read more here