Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
infinitie

Wong's Newly Nest

Maybe it is my own style, instead of partitioning and makes a big room looks even smaller, I would have hacked away the study room to create the wall space for the tv console...

Hi Dugong6,

Thanks for your comment.

But the wall (darken portion) of the study room cannot be hacked le.. :curse:

ermm... the study room is kinda of dark since there is only 2 panel of windows.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Looks great! what theme will you be doing? zen?

Actually, we do not have any theme in mind, just hope to have something easy to maintain+suit our budget.

I told my ID we like to have more "white" in our reno becos we like bright bright le.

Hey, we are all staying in the north zone... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Dugong6,

Thanks for your comment.

But the wall (darken portion) of the study room cannot be hacked le.. :curse:

ermm... the study room is kinda of dark since there is only 2 panel of windows.

Then how about converting your study room to an entertainment room instead? (you actually don't need much light for entertainment area...)..anyway the partition is also nice cause it does segregate the relaxing corner (balcony) and tv area...just felt it is a pity that the living room might seem smaller! But then again, your floor area is so big...most probably after partition, your living room is still as big as my current living room floor area!:)

Actually, we do not have any theme in mind, just hope to have something easy to maintain+suit our budget.

I told my ID we like to have more "white" in our reno becos we like bright bright le.

Hey, we are all staying in the north zone... :sport-smiley-018:

it is good to have some theme in mind so that it is easier to look out for specific furniture design, if not, ppl like me will spend alot of time as there are so many nice things out there!

Bright is great! I love that too! North area is still pretty new to me...but i do enjoy the original bottle tree village (right inside sembawang park). Today visited Yishun neighbourhood park, it is also nice and cosy....

Hey Dugong,

Was browsing your blog... it looks very modern retro. Simply love your kitchen mosiac, look so cheerful!

If i were to convert my study room to entertainment room, I will have hard time placing my dining table...

Actually, the existing balcony was already levelled up, same level as living room, we are thinking of having a platform laminated for the balcony but that will cost us another $1K plus <fainted>.

We can't think of any theme, maybe something modern will do... so easy to please hor.

Glad that you are enjoying the northern fresh air... Maybe you should go to Upper pierce reservior in the morning, can see monkeys running around but no feeding ah. Go for the Casuarina prata first, just nearby the reservoir <there's an open space parking along upper thomson road>.

=updates= Tiles selection

Floor tiles forLiving+Dining+Balcony <unless we decide to proceed with the Platform Laminated @ Balcony>

IMG_2301.jpg

Kitchen Floor <brown but somehow look greish??> + Wall <with flora when close up>

IMG_2298.jpg

MBR Bathroom Floor+Wall <light brown for dry area and dark brown for wet area> hope we could create a spa feel.

IMG_2299.jpg

=More updates=Tiles selection

Common Bathroom <Top black with a little blink blink effect for floor, bottom 2 also a little blink blink effect for wall>

IMG_2267.jpg

Common Bathroom - Close up centre piece wall tiles

IMG_2294.jpg

Common Bathroom - Close up bottom piece wall tiles

IMG_2283.jpg

Yoyo, sorry for reporting late~~ (again!) :P

Didnt know u started your blog already. keke

U got a unique layout there, living as center of everything.

But the prob is there is much wall ard for tv.

Anyway, good luck and have a smooth reno journey~!

Preliminary 3D drawing

Living room (Drawing did not shown windows @ Balcony, behind the partition wall)

LIVAREA2.jpg

Shoes cabinet behind main door+Bomb Shelter (Build a partition wall bcos main entrance facing almost directly to kitchen windows-Fengshui purpose)

ShoeCabinet2-1.jpg

Kitchen (No full height cabinet due to limited tabletop space)

Kitchen2-1.jpg

MBR (Saw that grey portion beside the wardrobe? That's the air con ledge which ID proposed to build wardrobe for long clothing/dresses. Servicing of air con must access from here)

MASTERROOM2.jpg

Ah..u got same ID as Lilithfiend!

3D looks good!

But hor, the shoe cabinet area, the grey like not match or not striking enough against the black.

And I think u want white white bright bright theme right? keke

Yoyo, sorry for reporting late~~ (again!) :P

Didnt know u started your blog already. keke

U got a unique layout there, living as center of everything.

But the prob is there is much wall ard for tv.

Anyway, good luck and have a smooth reno journey~!

Ah..u got same ID as Lilithfiend!

3D looks good!

But hor, the shoe cabinet area, the grey like not match or not striking enough against the black.

And I think u want white white bright bright theme right? keke

Hi Angteko,

No problem at all.

Thanks for your greeting.

You mean I have much wall for tv? Are you refering to the wall just outside the MBR? We are afraid that it might be too near and after placing sofa the back will be very narrow.

Yeah.. i didn't realised it also. I thought i am the only one engaging B&E. :rolleyes:

Oh, the 3D drawing is just a preliminary ones... we have not choose the laminates so just take it as a guide nia. :P

25-Apr-10

=1st trip to The Furniture Mall=

We reached the mall around 1 plus, decided to settle our lunch there.

To our disappointment, there's only 1 mini cafeteria and 'suay suay' it's not open today!! :angry:

It's very unusual...no foodcourt or more cafeteria in such a 'big' mall?

No choice, we've to drive out to the opposite hawker centre with our kids just to have our lunch and go back to the mall again... <weather is very unpredictable nowadays so better don't take the risk>

Today, other than shopping for furnitures, it's our 1st time we asked for quotes for our curtains+blinds at one of the shop. We did not bring our floor plan along and were quoted about $2,000 (no gst) for the following :

~ Roman blinds with Yokota machanism-Japan

3 Bedrooms with 3 panels sliding windows with top hung (not full height windows).

~ Full length day and night curtain for 5 panels of casement window.

All above comes with 5 yrs warranty.

Can anyone advise if this is a good? :help:

Hi Angteko,

No problem at all.

Thanks for your greeting.

You mean I have much wall for tv? Are you refering to the wall just outside the MBR? We are afraid that it might be too near and after placing sofa the back will be very narrow.

Yeah.. i didn't realised it also. I thought i am the only one engaging B&E. :rolleyes:

Oh, the 3D drawing is just a preliminary ones... we have not choose the laminates so just take it as a guide nia. :P

Oops, typo, I mean u do not have much wall for TV, so a partition is needed, quite difficult for space planning I think.

But living as centre is good, its like everyone will gather at centre, and go back to their room in different direction. haha

That is also to say, cant on sound system too loud, will disturb others. keke

So your 3D are same as Lilithfiend, where they give u 1st b4 u sign?? :unsure:

25-Apr-10

=1st trip to The Furniture Mall=

We reached the mall around 1 plus, decided to settle our lunch there.

To our disappointment, there's only 1 mini cafeteria and 'suay suay' it's not open today!! :angry:

It's very unusual...no foodcourt or more cafeteria in such a 'big' mall?

No choice, we've to drive out to the opposite hawker centre with our kids just to have our lunch and go back to the mall again... <weather is very unpredictable nowadays so better don't take the risk>

Today, other than shopping for furnitures, it's our 1st time we asked for quotes for our curtains+blinds at one of the shop. We did not bring our floor plan along and were quoted about $2,000 (no gst) for the following :

~ Roman blinds with Yokota machanism-Japan

3 Bedrooms with 3 panels sliding windows with top hung (not full height windows).

~ Full length day and night curtain for 5 panels of casement window.

All above comes with 5 yrs warranty.

Can anyone advise if this is a good? :help:

Check out my blog, I just posted my curtain by Mr chew. :good:

Contact is there too, u can try ask for his quote.

Oops, typo, I mean u do not have much wall for TV, so a partition is needed, quite difficult for space planning I think.

But living as centre is good, its like everyone will gather at centre, and go back to their room in different direction. haha

That is also to say, cant on sound system too loud, will disturb others. keke

So your 3D are same as Lilithfiend, where they give u 1st b4 u sign?? :unsure:

LOL... yes, Planning is an issue.

Quite true hor. Ermm... Don't know if a solid door will helps or not. I already ordered 3 hollow veneer door le.

If it helps maybe can change. At first, we thought of placing the partition wall the other side but was told it might be glaring cos windows will be behind us.

Drawing was given after we signed.. Understand that Lilithfiend got it before. Efficient PM le...

Check out my blog, I just posted my curtain by Mr chew. :good:

Contact is there too, u can try ask for his quote.

haha...i've posted a query in your blog yesterday after going thru' it. I like the blind which you mentioned can have day & night type, very thoughtful of him.. Okay, will check it out again.

TQ...