Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

wah, jaskel getting busier & busier eh? :P

congrats lachesis for finalizing your contractor..look forward to seeing your transformation. btw, love the bosch side-by-side fridge too!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ceiling fans can go for KDK, crestar or fanco.

Sinks - Song cho, Rubine, etc...

Laundry system - www.ezziliving.biz, http://www.orlant.com.sg/, etc..

Outdoor furniture - need to go sungei kadut ave to see, cheaper there.

Actually what you have listed here is already what we are shortlisted, i think lachesis was a but tired (she got flu) so she didn't explain much:

Fans - Crestar AirVac series, GM - gunmetal color (haven't decided on the blade length yet). KDK is a more logical brand but the fans remind me of Alexandra Hospital when I was warded there during my NS days when I fell off the APC at Area D :lol: so I don't want to be reminded of that again :P

Sinks - Dbl bowl, undermount Rubine (probably getting from Excel need to decide the model)

Kitchen Accessories - Song Cho 26mm Dish rack, rod, knife/chopping board rack, utensil rack & 500m metal drawers for tall larder unit.

Laundy - already went down to Jln Pemimpin so wife can test the hydraulics for the EZ Hi-Dry, so now she wants to test out the other brand Genesis. TAME is out - I wasnt impressed.

Outdoor funiture - We like the one patsy_sg has for her outdoor, but its exceeds the budget dedicated for outdoor items - so we will get from either Ikea or Natural Living at Sungei Kadut

WC - not decided yet, will wait for your advise during the reno when we finalise the measurements.

oh btw, i will need to check with you again during the kitchen carpentry the optimal height for mounting the hood so i don't bang my head ;)

Edited by titanax

yea looks like it doesn't it, but i like his professional attitude of limiting his projects so he can be more focused. its very reassuring :)

congrats lachesis for finalizing your contractor..look forward to seeing your transformation. btw, love the bosch side-by-side fridge too!

hehe..you know, the bosch was my call. i dragged her down to bosch showroom coz the fridge is not available for sale yet (slated for Aug but not cfm). It took me a few days to convince her to agree to the side by side :D.

hehe..you know, the bosch was my call. i dragged her down to bosch showroom coz the fridge is not available for sale yet (slated for Aug but not cfm). It took me a few days to convince her to agree to the side by side :D .

if we had the budget for any fridge, bosch would be my choice. love it! any pics of the fridge yet?

if we had the budget for any fridge, bosch would be my choice. love it! any pics of the fridge yet?

not on the website, but the showroom marketing guy did print it out for me:

KAN62Vxx specs:

bosch_KAN62Vxx_specs.jpg

KAN62V00 (white)

bosch_KAN62V00.jpg

KAN62V40 (s/s)

bosch_KAN62V40.jpg

so which did u guys pick - white or s/steel?

what i love about their fridges is that they're so sleek! i cannot resist their logo on the front of the fridge..lol.. :wub:

so which did u guys pick - white or s/steel?

what i love about their fridges is that they're so sleek! i cannot resist their logo on the front of the fridge..lol.. :wub:

ya d.a.m.n sexy right! i think we'll be going with white...i old school sometimes - white goods are supposed to be white i guess :P

edit: hmm need to put "dots" else word is *****

Edited by titanax

ya d.a.m.n sexy right! i think we'll be going with white...i old school sometimes - white goods are supposed to be white i guess :P

edit: hmm need to put "dots" else word is *****

yes indeed, think white will go well. so far those i've seen are all white. though the s/steel one will do well if you have an industrial chic theme going on. k, i officially have fridge envy!! :P

Actually what you have listed here is already what we are shortlisted, i think lachesis was a but tired (she got flu) so she didn't explain much:

Fans - Crestar AirVac series, GM - gunmetal color (haven't decided on the blade length yet). KDK is a more logical brand but the fans remind me of Alexandra Hospital when I was warded there during my NS days when I fell off the APC at Area D :lol: so I don't want to be reminded of that again :P

Sinks - Dbl bowl, undermount Rubine (probably getting from Excel need to decide the model)

Kitchen Accessories - Song Cho 26mm Dish rack, rod, knife/chopping board rack, utensil rack & 500m metal drawers for tall larder unit.

Laundy - already went down to Jln Pemimpin so wife can test the hydraulics for the EZ Hi-Dry, so now she wants to test out the other brand Genesis. TAME is out - I wasnt impressed.

Outdoor funiture - We like the one patsy_sg has for her outdoor, but its exceeds the budget dedicated for outdoor items - so we will get from either Ikea or Natural Living at Sungei Kadut

WC - not decided yet, will wait for your advise during the reno when we finalise the measurements.

oh btw, i will need to check with you again during the kitchen carpentry the optimal height for mounting the hood so i don't bang my head ;)

There is one more brand for the fan, Elmark, 1 model that I like but was soooooo ex. $1K+++. So I didn't recommend. Laundry- TAME is totally out of my list at all. Service not good, be it before or after sale. Outdoor funiture...beside Natural Living, there are at least 2 more shops down there u can look at too. WC-not so soon, need to measure on site.

The optimal height for the hood is actually listed in the manual. Normally, is 600-800mm between the hod and the hood. The cabinet height(800mm) + motar base(50mm) = 850mm + hod height (75mm) + distance to hood (800mm) = 1725mm. Look like still not high enough for u. :unsure:

The optimal height for the hood is actually listed in the manual. Normally, is 600-800mm between the hod and the hood. The cabinet height(800mm) + motar base(50mm) = 850mm + hod height (75mm) + distance to hood (800mm) = 1725mm. Look like still not high enough for u. :unsure:

mkii_specs.jpg

yup...i already did a "mock-up" measurement in my kitchen, it hits my forehead :(

jaskel concern more on present owners than to potential customers. Cos must put in my heart when doing current projects. :D I don't mind earning less but must do it nice. I also like to do new things and titanax hse reno have something new that others don't have, even its cost me a bomb on doing it (not adding the price to the owner but owner must agree to let me to it first :P ). When the time is near, than will let everyone see it. :P

jaskel concern more on present owners than to potential customers. Cos must put in my heart when doing current projects. :D I don't mind earning less but must do it nice. I also like to do new things and titanax hse reno have something new that others don't have, even its cost me a bomb on doing it (not adding the price to the owner but owner must agree to let me to it first :P ). When the time is near, than will let everyone see it. :P

haha! jaskel now you make everyone is super curious for sure! :lol:

Heya ne0mesis,

Yup, the hood & hob combi is deadly alright! :) Think the Asian brands will know best how to cope with Asian cooking. The Fujioh hood is PSB tested for its oil absorption, so should be able to handle all the deadly frying, especially curry spices. Decided the go for the Rinnai with inner burner as the current owner says the kitchen is very windy. Though the inner burner is not wind proof, it's harder to blow out. Plus, it's supposed to heat things up faster - good for boiling soup.

Had considered induction, but I think gas should be more economical than using electricity in the long run. Plus, changing to induction means changing all the pots and pans. Too much work. Haha. Besides, there's nothing like stir-frying in a wok for those yummy stir-fry dishes.

Hey, all the best for your shopping and wedding prep, yes, very exciting! When's your big day??

------

Lilith,

Hee hee. Yes, it took some convincing on Titanax's part to go for the side-by-side. I was a bit concerned that the shelves are shorter (width wise), and the freezer was a bit big (219 litres). But considering our current fridge is only 284 litres in total, there should be more than ample fridge space, and the bigger freezer can be used to store all the meats that we are looking forward to BBQ-ing when we get our BBQ grill. Heh heh heh. Agree with you that white goes with most things.

-----

Jaskel,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Have to go check out the other laundry system before deciding. As for the height of the hood - we'll have to work something out when we get down to detailed drawings so titanax doesn't have a lot of baluku :bangwall:

Glad we are giving you a chance to do new things with our house - it's a learning experience for you and for us. It's gonna be fun!

I also like to do new things and titanax hse reno have something new that others don't have, even its cost me a bomb on doing it (not adding the price to the owner but owner must agree to let me to it first :P ). When the time is near, than will let everyone see it. :P

Plus jealous.. :P

Hee hee, jeffcraze, don't have to be jealous. The planning for a house reno is really a 2-way street. As home owners, we must also do our homework and know what we want. Then we can bounce ideas off the ID/contractor. After all, the house is ours - we are the ones who are going to live in it, not the ID/contractor. Of course, our ID/contractor is also expected to give inputs to improve the design, on whether the design is practical etc, but ultimately the decision is ours.

One of the reasons we really enjoy working with jaskel was that he could grasp our ideas immediately, unlike some of the other contractors, who gave us the 'huh, kong si mi' look when we suggested ideas.

From following your blog, we can see that jaskel is very efficient and detailed. Yes, we count on our ID/contractor to manage many of the details that go into the reno. But as home owners we should also be prepared and informed, so that the whole process can be a smooth one. :good: