Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Plus jealous.. :P

Jeff. u also have. Your wardrobe is already something out of the norm. Where u can play hide and seek with your kids in future. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Heya ne0mesis,

Yup, the hood & hob combi is deadly alright! :) Think the Asian brands will know best how to cope with Asian cooking. The Fujioh hood is PSB tested for its oil absorption, so should be able to handle all the deadly frying, especially curry spices. Decided the go for the Rinnai with inner burner as the current owner says the kitchen is very windy. Though the inner burner is not wind proof, it's harder to blow out. Plus, it's supposed to heat things up faster - good for boiling soup.

Had considered induction, but I think gas should be more economical than using electricity in the long run. Plus, changing to induction means changing all the pots and pans. Too much work. Haha. Besides, there's nothing like stir-frying in a wok for those yummy stir-fry dishes.

Hey, all the best for your shopping and wedding prep, yes, very exciting! When's your big day??

------

Lilith,

Hee hee. Yes, it took some convincing on Titanax's part to go for the side-by-side. I was a bit concerned that the shelves are shorter (width wise), and the freezer was a bit big (219 litres). But considering our current fridge is only 284 litres in total, there should be more than ample fridge space, and the bigger freezer can be used to store all the meats that we are looking forward to BBQ-ing when we get our BBQ grill. Heh heh heh. Agree with you that white goes with most things.

-----

Jaskel,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Have to go check out the other laundry system before deciding. As for the height of the hood - we'll have to work something out when we get down to detailed drawings so titanax doesn't have a lot of baluku :bangwall:

Glad we are giving you a chance to do new things with our house - it's a learning experience for you and for us. It's gonna be fun!

For the hod, need to ask them to add in the saftey valves so that even when the flame was blow off, it will cut off the gas supply in 7s. As for the hood issue, need to know your hubby height then I see what I can do to mod. it. :yamseng:

Personally, I like to do things differently from others if allow to (at least 1 item in te house must be special). but most importantly, the owner must like it cos they are the one staying in the house, not me. My view is not to let any of my reno to have any eyes sore to the owner and at the end of the reno, the smile on the owners are priceless compare to wat I'm earning. That will be the best reward. :D

For the hod, need to ask them to add in the saftey valves so that even when the flame was blow off, it will cut off the gas supply in 7s.

The Rb-3CG comes with both inner burner AND safety valve. Win liao :dribble:

Personally, I like to do things differently from others if allow to (at least 1 item in te house must be special). but most importantly, the owner must like it cos they are the one staying in the house, not me. My view is not to let any of my reno to have any eyes sore to the owner and at the end of the reno, the smile on the owners are priceless compare to wat I'm earning. That will be the best reward. :D

Couldn't have said it better :thumbs up:

Jeff. u also have. Your wardrobe is already something out of the norm. Where u can play hide and seek with your kids in future. :P

Hee.. True lah.. :D Think our wardrobe is one-of-a-kind one.. ;)

The Rb-3CG comes with both inner burner AND safety valve. Win liao :dribble:

I knew Rannai have this safety valve that some other brands don't have, since u getting Rannai hod, so I advise u on that as some others didn't know about that. :D

no..not "even me"...its more like ESPECIALLY ME! :P

When I completed the urgent job by next week, I'll be more free in doing up the design then by that time, will seek u n your wife approval. So u'll get the 1st hand information.

When I completed the urgent job by next week, I'll be more free in doing up the design then by that time, will seek u n your wife approval. So u'll get the 1st hand information.

no worries...take your time, as you know we have a quite a bit of buffer :)

Heya ne0mesis,

Yup, the hood & hob combi is deadly alright! :) Think the Asian brands will know best how to cope with Asian cooking. The Fujioh hood is PSB tested for its oil absorption, so should be able to handle all the deadly frying, especially curry spices. Decided the go for the Rinnai with inner burner as the current owner says the kitchen is very windy. Though the inner burner is not wind proof, it's harder to blow out. Plus, it's supposed to heat things up faster - good for boiling soup.

Had considered induction, but I think gas should be more economical than using electricity in the long run. Plus, changing to induction means changing all the pots and pans. Too much work. Haha. Besides, there's nothing like stir-frying in a wok for those yummy stir-fry dishes.

Hey, all the best for your shopping and wedding prep, yes, very exciting! When's your big day??

"gas should be more economical than using electricity in the long run". I had tis salesman telling me something along tis line "gas in singapore cheaper, electricity more expensive.. tat's why government promoting using gas, like gas heater etc..". tat line sold me man and I decided to go with gas.

which prompted me to google a bit. seems like is true regarding gas and electricity charges in sg. see below 2 links.

gas - http://www.citygas.com.sg/index.php?option...6&Itemid=80

electricity - http://www.spservices.com.sg/

big day is in nov. u asking about my wedding dinner right? cause seems like the calendar ahead has many big days for me! 2nd appt, photo shoot, reno commence....... haha

...seems like is true regarding gas and electricity charges in sg.

big day is in nov. u asking about my wedding dinner right? cause seems like the calendar ahead has many big days for me! 2nd appt, photo shoot, reno commence....... haha

Hey hey,

Yup, gas tariffs are definitely lower. Right now we only cook on weekends, and our gas consumption is super low, much lower than the national average. Figured at the new place we might cook more often, but that shouldn't cost that much more. :) Also thought long and hard about the gas heater as well, but we've seen the 'japan railway' that results from the running of the gas pipes. Plus, ours is an older flat, so no yard. :P Water pressure was also another concern.

LOL, yeah was talking about your wedding dinner. 5 mths to go... JIA YOU!! Hope everything goes smoothly, and you'll be all nicely settled into your lovely new home come Nov! Also looking forward to Nov, b'coz that's when we'll move into our new home too! :D

lachesis you are using jaskel as your contractor, highly i will also. Wondering if jaskel will be overloaded or not. If i'm not wrong we will start our reno about the same time as you. I got my date from my fsm alrdy. how about you?

just use gas for washing machine, cooking and shower heater. im doing that as well :P

im **** tired of reading the specification of all the electronics stuff that i need to get for my home, i just finished reading about the locks for my main door. getting an keypadlock (keyless) from US. if interested maybe we can share the shipping cost together. pm me if u interested k.

Edited by Dr.Anarchy

lachesis you are using jaskel as your contractor, highly i will also. Wondering if jaskel will be overloaded or not. If i'm not wrong we will start our reno about the same time as you. I got my date from my fsm alrdy. how about you?

just use gas for washing machine, cooking and shower heater. im doing that as well :P

im **** tired of reading the specification of all the electronics stuff that i need to get for my home, i just finished reading about the locks for my main door. getting an keypadlock (keyless) from US. if interested maybe we can share the shipping cost together. pm me if u interested k.

Hey there,

Not engaging fsm. When are you starting your reno? Ours should be early Sep.

Probably sticking to the old-fashioned key and lock. Using those laser-cut keys, no complaints so far. But thanks for the offer. :D

Hey hey,

Yup, gas tariffs are definitely lower. Right now we only cook on weekends, and our gas consumption is super low, much lower than the national average. Figured at the new place we might cook more often, but that shouldn't cost that much more. :) Also thought long and hard about the gas heater as well, but we've seen the 'japan railway' that results from the running of the gas pipes. Plus, ours is an older flat, so no yard. :P Water pressure was also another concern.

LOL, yeah was talking about your wedding dinner. 5 mths to go... JIA YOU!! Hope everything goes smoothly, and you'll be all nicely settled into your lovely new home come Nov! Also looking forward to Nov, b'coz that's when we'll move into our new home too! :D

water pressure is very impt for wife cause she wants rain shower (nt sure if i got the term correct), so i suppose gotta rely on a water heater instead of trying the gas then.

tks for the heads up!

yea.. 5 more mths. seems like some time away but you cannot imagine how packed the calender is!

looks like we both have something huge to look forward too eh.. hope everything goes well for you too