Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
B2B

Rental Rates For Edelweiss Park/dahlia Park/ferraria

I don'y think the yield is high in that area.

690k hse, 2.5k/mth, base on 10 mths, cos 2 mths for for prop tax and S&C.

Yield = 3.6%

If sell and put in CPF SA can make 4%

Difference only, you can see the CASH now in your hands :)

HDB

350K hse, 1.8k, base on 10 mths, cos 2 mths for for prop tax and S&C.

Yield = 5.1%

possibly. but, as i understand it, hdb flats can't be considered for rental until they've been occupied a minimum no. of years, so there's the element of flexibility too. please correct me if i am wrong :)

so based on your observation above, you mean a HDB 3 room flat (ie. 2 bdr) in the nearby area can rent out for 1.8k? wow, that's quite some! i had no idea!! :o

Edited by random_username

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
possibly. but, as i understand it, hdb flats can't be considered for rental until they've been occupied a minimum no. of years, so there's the element of flexibility too. please correct me if i am wrong :)

so based on your observation above, you mean a HDB 3 room flat (ie. 2 bdr) in the nearby area can rent out for 1.8k? wow, that's quite some! i had no idea!! :o

My point is that rental yield in that area is not really that fantastic.

Only reasonable. Got some ppl who sell hse and rent apt cos rental is cheap !

Ppl invest in hse, hope that it will appreciate. rental is only buying time to recover cost.

Remember loan rate use to be like 5%. Of course, they are now like 1.5%

I don'y think the yield is high in that area.

690k hse, 2.5k/mth, base on 10 mths, cos 2 mths for for prop tax and S&C.

Yield = 3.6%

If sell and put in CPF SA can make 4%

Difference only, you can see the CASH now in your hands :)

HDB

350K hse, 1.8k, base on 10 mths, cos 2 mths for for prop tax and S&C.

Yield = 5.1%

Boss, this "static" comparision method will lead to wrong decision making lah. These 2 different "golden gooses" have different capital appreciation capabilties over time. One "walks" fast, another slow.

Heard of "monkey, banana & farmer" story? Whether 3B in morning, 4B in afternoon make indifference as to 4B in morning & 3B in afternoon, basically. 4B first 3B later approach -more "shiok" in the morning but leads to "more hungry" in the afternoon and cannot sleep well in the night though has invested in good BED. Important thing is to fight for 8B or more!

Edited by bepgof

My point is that rental yield in that area is not really that fantastic.

Only reasonable. Got some ppl who sell hse and rent apt cos rental is cheap !

Ppl invest in hse, hope that it will appreciate. rental is only buying time to recover cost.

Remember loan rate use to be like 5%. Of course, they are now like 1.5%

ok, i think i see what you're getting at ;)

bepgof, what is 4B, 3B and 8B?

Heard of "monkey, banana & farmer" story? Whether 3B in morning, 4B in afternoon make indifference as to 4B in morning & 3B in afternoon, basically. 4B first 3B later approach -more "shiok" in the morning but leads to "more hungry" in the afternoon and cannot sleep well in the night though has invested in good BED. Important thing is to fight for 8B or more!

I like paradox, like chicken and egg, Monty Hall paradox.. etc.

what story, which link can read.

ok, i think i see what you're getting at ;)

bepgof, what is 4B, 3B and 8B?

B=bananas. This story was told during my PIMARY school days. The feeding rule was first set by farmer, the "clever" monkeys have collective discussion and wanted rule changed. Farmer obliged since still 7B for 1day! The new rule send the monkeys with no good sleep in the night with nightmares.....Clever is enough, don't "over clever".

Edited by bepgof

B=bananas. This story was told during my PIMARY school days. The feeding rule was first set by farmer, the "clever" monkeys have collective discussion and wanted rule changed. Farmer obliged since still 7B for 1day! The new rule send the monkeys with no good sleep in the night with nightmares.....Clever is enough, don't "over clever".

haha, ok, now understooded

ps: i actually thought maybe B referred to no. of bedroom, ie property size, since the discussion was on property. i feel so silly now, cos what monkey have to do 4bedder, 3bedder or 8bedder. hahaha

Edited by random_username

Warrior88, can i also ask, which other areas you have surveyed to draw your observations?

No particular areas. Just IMO.

We invest for long term, speculate for short term.

Before commit, must do study, whether property or stock.

No, 1 size fits all, different phase of life, we also cal our risk.

Rental or stocks dividend is only the earnings paid while waiting.

For ah Pek, like me now, cannot risk too much :)

No chance to get up again. But 1 thing I observe is the 10 years cycle.

Planning to hit along the 8 ~ 9th year.

Although, HDB bring in better yield esp those rental for less than 2k per unit. They also cater to diff mkt from condo tenants.

Ah long , default of payment etc are more likely in this grp of tenants as they ,generally, earn less and rental is out of their own pkt instead of the company. Also not forgetting HDB are subject to government changing rules. Now say can.. tomorrow say cannot. The government does not restrict the private property as much as alot of them are own by oversea buyers and companies. Setting rules on will in turn affect our country image if not reasonable. HDB , CPF they are put in all kind of funny rules since they only affect poor Singaporean.

Edited by Jgal

I cited 2 examples, assuming you had 2 options to consider.

Purely to buy apt for rental is not a good return, for short term okay.

I am also not provocating ppl should buy HDB for rental.

I bought mine purely due to school location vicinity.

Then, I ponder my option, change school, how.

So, I say, okay la, sell if meet MOP lor, if loss then rent first if market good.

Otherwise leave it to my child to set up family. What if he don't want ? then I

sell and downgrade lor. I still believe HDB is for dweller to stay, not for speculation.

Okay, maybe a bit for investment :)