Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prissie

Can Mirror Face The Main Door?

Hi

I will be having a partition in my living room foyer and planning to have a mirror finishing.

Is it ok to have the mirror facing my main door?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

I will be having a partition in my living room foyer and planning to have a mirror finishing.

Is it ok to have the mirror facing my main door?

ERm.... it sound weird to me. Ppl always say not so good to have mirror facing the main door due to some feng sui reason. =) :)

ERm.... it sound weird to me. Ppl always say not so good to have mirror facing the main door due to some feng sui reason. =) :)

thanks for ur advice! I know nuts abt feng shui.

My ID suggested mirror finishings for our partition and wardrobe, coz it looks nice...

glad I ask abt the facing main door part.

mirror-finishing wardrobe facing the MBR toilet should be ok rite?

thanks for ur advice! I know nuts abt feng shui.

My ID suggested mirror finishings for our partition and wardrobe, coz it looks nice...

glad I ask abt the facing main door part.

mirror-finishing wardrobe facing the MBR toilet should be ok rite?

Believed your ID must be young & seldom check in to oversea's hotels. Kindly counter his suggestion to him, install for 1 year, & see if he still dare to suggest this to clients.

You will scare to death one day/night right after swing open the door, especially when your mind are not ready to expect "someone" to appear in front of you. Why put mirror in such "strategic" locations to scare yourself? Not a good idea to put mirror directly opposite door(walk in or out & see the mirror suddenly), L angle wall. Earth地 & Human人 elements collision in this case. One time of such experience is enough.

Don't want to hear/see news ppl pass out/hearth attack full naked right in front MBR tiolet.

Lately, after returning from an holiday trip, eldest brother revealed her wife has a wired habit: cover the mirror in tiolet with towel after check in hotel, guess what makes her does that?

Edited by bepgof

agree with bepgof.

install mirror at such werid place. You ID must have "great ideas".

ask him better to go around and gain more experience.

MY 2 cents worth about mirrors.

In Feng Shui, mirror is a water element. Do not place the mirror facing South, because thats the direction of the Fire element. Water is bad with fire. Mirror facing South-east, East and North is good. East for health, South-East for wealth and North for career.

Mirror doubles what they see and therefore it should face your dining table, scenic view from windows, jewellery or any object that you want to have more.

For example, reflecting dining table means you will have a lot of food.

Do not place mirror in your bedroom as it will duplicate your relations. It might happen that other person will appear in your life or your partners. If you already have such mirror in your bedroom, then try to close or cover it when you sleep, or place it in such a way, so that it won’t reflect your bed.

Do not hang a mirror opposite your entrance door as energy enters your house through the doors and windows, by placing mirrors facing front door will reflect good energy that is coming into your house.

Do not place mirrors reflecting toilet or bathroom. In this places, the energy flows out and the mirror will duplicates what it sees. Of cos you will agree with me that there will not be any good energy coming out from there. And therefore you will double of what is flowing out.

Mirrors on the toilet and bathroom doors is okay as it will help to hide bad energy that is located in toilet and bathroom. But you should place the mirror on the backside of the door.

it's not about fengshui. but sometimes coming back late and suddenly you see your own reflections late at night the moment you open the door, can be rather scary.

MY 2 cents worth about mirrors.

In Feng Shui, mirror is a water element. Do not place the mirror facing South, because thats the direction of the Fire element. Water is bad with fire. Mirror facing South-east, East and North is good. East for health, South-East for wealth and North for career.

Mirror doubles what they see and therefore it should face your dining table, scenic view from windows, jewellery or any object that you want to have more.

For example, reflecting dining table means you will have a lot of food.

Do not place mirror in your bedroom as it will duplicate your relations. It might happen that other person will appear in your life or your partners. If you already have such mirror in your bedroom, then try to close or cover it when you sleep, or place it in such a way, so that it won't reflect your bed.

Do not hang a mirror opposite your entrance door as energy enters your house through the doors and windows, by placing mirrors facing front door will reflect good energy that is coming into your house.

Do not place mirrors reflecting toilet or bathroom. In this places, the energy flows out and the mirror will duplicates what it sees. Of cos you will agree with me that there will not be any good energy coming out from there. And therefore you will double of what is flowing out.

Mirrors on the toilet and bathroom doors is okay as it will help to hide bad energy that is located in toilet and bathroom. But you should place the mirror on the backside of the door.

Hi, JTCP82, would you like to elaborate more on your understanding of "energies" in term of FS? I have been quite puzzled about this term all these years. I do not quite understand WHY fs books like to use this term. Simply it leads fs to superstition, without question.

1. My understanding of energy : Radiation energy (electromagetic wave energy), Chemical energy, Atomic energy, Heat energy & electrical energy.

2. Some of these energies (especially electromagnetic & heat energies) penetrate houses, doesn't matter close/open windows/door. The thermodynamics study the behavious of energy flow in natural systems.

I would like to know why/how mirror is classified as "Water", and South as "Fire" elements. Thank u in advance.

Edited by bepgof

Hi, JTCP82, would you like to elaborate more on your understanding of "energies" in term of FS? I have been quite puzzled about this term all these years. I do not quite understand WHY fs books like to use this term. Simply it leads fs to superstition, without question.

1. My understanding of energy : Radiation energy (electromagetic wave energy), Chemical energy, Atomic energy, Heat energy & electrical energy.

2. Some of these energies (especially electromagnetic & heat energies) penetrate houses, doesn't matter close/open windows/door.

I would like to know why/how mirror is classified as "Water", and South as "Fire" elements. Thank u in advance.

Hi Bepgof,

First of all I am not a FS master, is just that my parents believe very much in that and always hear them say this and that. I will try to answer based on what I heard anyway.

Lets start with your first question. Let me try to relate FS with science then. If you have studied Quatum Physics, you should understand that everything vibrates at its own frequency. Eg colours, objects, people etc. Everything is in continuous motion though it cannot be seen by our limited eyes spectrum. FS recognises that everything vibrates and focuses on encouraging harmony among the various vibrations by creating alignment or in scientific terms "Resonance". Creating harmony is about singing the same tune as the things surrounding you. Abundance has a particular vibration, a signature energy field and learning to resonate in harmony with anything leads to both more flow and more energy between you and your focus. Coming into resonance with the vibration of abundance opens the flow in your life so your heart's desires flow to you.

FS is based on noticing where energy is felt on the land and in a building or a room ie your physical environment. Wealth and abundance have a different vibration from relationships, career, or family. This part you will have to consult FS master.

There is a natural order and flow in life that includes a sense of abundance. FS connects you to the harmonious patterns and gives you reminders before you go too far in any one direction. Remembering and experiencing abundance in one area of your life creates a pattern, an energy field, that you can use to experience abundance in other areas of your physical environment and your life. Phew, hope that explain at least a little bit.

Okay next, your question on mirror. Er not going to use scientific explaination for this part.

In accient times, people see their reflection through the water that is why mirror is a water element. And why South is fire element is got to do with Ba Gua. If you going to ask why the Ba Gua is this way, then sorry bro got to ask FM master. :)

Edited by jtcp82

Hi all

Thanks for your advice.

Apologies that I'm not very clear on the type of mirror furnishings, i'm refering to.

Instead of black glass, ID suggested using black tinted mirrors on the MBR wardrobe doors.

Will these still be the same as normal mirrors?

Dear jtcp82

To find out direction that the mirror will face, do I stand in each room with a compass?

Edited by prissie

Hi all

Thanks for your advice.

Apologies that I'm not very clear on the type of mirror furnishings, i'm refering to.

Instead of black glass, ID suggested using black tinted mirrors on the MBR wardrobe doors.

Dear jtcp82

To find out direction that the mirror will face, do I stand in each room with a compass?

I think you are referring to "tinted glass", not "tinted miror". Tinted glass is glass coated with colors at the back, unlike normal mirror, which is glass coated with mercury. Tinted glass comes in many colours, relection not as good as mirror - you may consider to put this directly opposite door.

Edited by bepgof

Hi all

Thanks for your advice.

Dear jtcp82

Yah probably you will need a compass to know where the mirror is facing :). But do be careful not to face any "poison arrow" in the house like sharp corners.

Hi Bepgof,

First of all I am not a FS master, is just that my parents believe very much in that and always hear them say this and that. I will try to answer based on what I heard anyway.

Lets start with your first question. Let me try to relate FS with science then. If you have studied Quatum Physics, you should understand that everything vibrates at its own frequency. Eg colours, objects, people etc. Everything is in continuous motion though it cannot be seen by our limited eyes spectrum. FS recognises that everything vibrates and focuses on encouraging harmony among the various vibrations by creating alignment or in scientific terms "Resonance". Creating harmony is about singing the same tune as the things surrounding you. Abundance has a particular vibration, a signature energy field and learning to resonate in harmony with anything leads to both more flow and more energy between you and your focus. Coming into resonance with the vibration of abundance opens the flow in your life so your heart's desires flow to you.

FS is based on noticing where energy is felt on the land and in a building or a room ie your physical environment. Wealth and abundance have a different vibration from relationships, career, or family. This part you will have to consult FS master.

There is a natural order and flow in life that includes a sense of abundance. FS connects you to the harmonious patterns and gives you reminders before you go too far in any one direction. Remembering and experiencing abundance in one area of your life creates a pattern, an energy field, that you can use to experience abundance in other areas of your physical environment and your life. Phew, hope that explain at least a little bit.

Okay next, your question on mirror. Er not going to use scientific explaination for this part.

In accient times, people see their reflection through the water that is why mirror is a water element. And why South is fire element is got to do with Ba Gua. If you going to ask why the Ba Gua is this way, then sorry bro got to ask FM master. :)

True, all masses "vibrate"- between molecule & molecule hold by "molecular cohesion force", when heat energy is applied, this mass "vibrate" more and may change from solid to liquid and gasous states when melting and boiling temp are reached respectively.

At any one time, all masses on earth give off radiation to environment- in the form of electro-magnetic waves. That explains why masses' weight changed over time. All these nothing to do with mirror or front door or NESW.

Edited by bepgof

True, all masses "vibrate"- between molecule & molecule hold by "molecular cohesion force", when heat energy is applied, this mass "vibrate" more and may change from solid to liquid and gasous states when melting and boiling temp are reached respectively.

At any one time, all masses on earth give off radiation to environment- in the form of electro-magnetic waves. That explains why masses' weight changed over time. All these nothing to do with mirror or front door or NESW.

I guess you are not a believer of FS, there is no point of arguing then. :) Well most important is that you feel comfortable of the place that you are staying in.

Edited by jtcp82

I guess you are not a believer of FS, there is no point of arguing then. :) Well most important is that you feel comfortable of the place that you are staying in.

May be my words appeared to be too "harsh" & deviated from my intention, I apologise. Precisely, "comfort" is the key to a place where ones stay.

Previously, I've shared my encounter in one of vietnamn's hotels, where a mirror fixed directly opposite the bedhead, woke up mid-night with half-waken mind & saw "someone" in the mirror with messy hair, can imagine the situation?

What I do not really understand, over these years & up to this point of time, is how the NESW has bearing to the environments and thus the effect on human body, especially the placing of objects. Just my wish someone here can share & enlighten on this, besides the weather & climate changes due to earth rotation & its axes is tilted at 23.5 deg, revolves on an elliptical obit around the sun.

I strongly believed FS's "5-element" concept (but not the directional portion, i considered it as "myth"). My understanding of "mirror", in term of 5-element concept, it should be treated as "neutral", thought under most situations it is "fire". To elaborate, if mirror faces (side or directly) a pool of water & reflect it house, it will bring "Water" element(Qi) to house (distance, size of mirror/pool vary the intensity). If it reflects bright light, it brings "fire" element (Qi) to house, if it reflect tall, upward tress, will bring "Wood" element(Qi). If a mirror itself is tall & narrow, or triangular upwards, itself constitutes some "wood" element. However, most of the time, mirror reflects light at 180 deg, it is usually classified as "Fire".

Edited by bepgof