Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rtu

Where To Buy Mosquito Plant

Hi

Anyone having any notion to get mosquito plant to repeal mosquito. Nowaday due to wet and hot weather, my place infested with mosquito.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

Anyone having any notion to get mosquito plant to repeal mosquito. Nowaday due to wet and hot weather, my place infested with mosquito.

Hihi,

I bought one from one of the nursery along Thomson road, the plant name is Citronella. Unfortunately, the plant did not survive for long after I bought it... ;)

Hihi,

I bought one from one of the nursery along Thomson road, the plant name is Citronella. Unfortunately, the plant did not survive for long after I bought it... ;)

What is the reason that this plant cannot survive long? Constant watering will it help

Read this on wiki - it's interesting. Apparently the citronella plant (geranium plant marketed as "Pelargonium citrosum) is not really able to repel mosquitoes. Citronella oil is also not obtained from this plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelargonium_citrosum

Instead, what we should be using to repel mosquitoes is the lemon grass plant (also known as serai in Malay)! It seems that this is the actual plant that citronella oil is derived from. I think this should grow quite readily in our climate. The oil is inside the leaves itself, and the leaves have a waxy surface which prevents the oil from evaporating, so no one really knows how effective this plant is in keeping away the mozzies....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymbopogon

Read this on wiki - it's interesting. Apparently the citronella plant (geranium plant marketed as "Pelargonium citrosum) is not really able to repel mosquitoes. Citronella oil is also not obtained from this plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelargonium_citrosum

Instead, what we should be using to repel mosquitoes is the lemon grass plant (also known as serai in Malay)! It seems that this is the actual plant that citronella oil is derived from. I think this should grow quite readily in our climate. The oil is inside the leaves itself, and the leaves have a waxy surface which prevents the oil from evaporating, so no one really knows how effective this plant is in keeping away the mozzies....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymbopogon

Hi blue skies

The article did not mentioned about lemon grass is able to repel mosquito. anyway thanks you so much for the information, at least pple like us who know nut about it get some information. Meanwhile anyone got info which and where to get mosquito plant in singapore?

Hi blue skies

The article did not mentioned about lemon grass is able to repel mosquito. anyway thanks you so much for the information, at least pple like us who know nut about it get some information. Meanwhile anyone got info which and where to get mosquito plant in singapore?

Mosquito plant cannot "repel" mosquito. Lemon trees do, because of the strong smell of the leaves & flowers. Lemon tree attract butterfly also. Imagine, 13th floor, butterfly also can "detect" the smell, lay egg, .....

Edited by bepgof

Mosquito plant cannot "repel" mosquito. Lemon trees do, because of the strong smell of the leaves & flowers. Lemon tree attract butterfly also. Imagine, 13th floor, butterfly also can "detect" the smell, lay egg, .....

wow that is a interesting articles. good that someone share experience here. beside lemon grass what other plant can expel mosquito or even lizard or coaches

Ugh, I totally get what you're going through with those annoying mosquitoes! I tried using a citronella plant too, but it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. It's been a struggle to find something that really keeps them at bay. I stumbled upon this article about Buzz Blast Pro Scam It's a review of this bug zapper called BuzzBlast Pro. I was skeptical, but the story about a family who couldn't enjoy their backyard BBQ because of mosquitoes got me thinking. I figured, why not give it a shot? So, I got one for myself, and honestly, it's been a game-changer! I've noticed way fewer mosquitoes around, and it's made such a difference. You might want to take a look at it too – it's worth a shot if you're as tired of those pesky bloodsuckers as I am!