Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Plastic3

Proposed Statutory Board – Council For Estate Agencies (cea)

Actually, the down side is fees for exam and time ;)

Sometimes agents run around, chauffeuring clients and end up with nothing in the pockets ...

The best is still the agency boss or the agent with over-riding commission .... just collect only and see the agents run around ;)

Not wild at all, many agents are also business owners, or doing something alongside real estate.....

Downside? none....apart from the fees for exam......

Edited by blueocean

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
That's true. Can also leverage on your existing clients. When you refer to expatriate, are you referring to expats from China, India ? Cos not many UK, USA, Australian buy private housing from Singapore though.

Although the commissions are good for resale and new projects, it is not always easy to close one especially if you are on the buyer side. Rental is even harder to close if you dont have own listings.

lol. how about expatriate working for banks?

Best is those HNW clients who buy lots of properties for investment.

Expat working for banks are better but a number are being employed on local terms though. Expats working for academic or research institutes are more price sensitive in rents ....

lol. how about expatriate working for banks?

Best is those HNW clients who buy lots of properties for investment.

Expat working for banks are better but a number are being employed on local terms though. Expats working for academic or research institutes are more price sensitive in rents ....

UBS, CS, Barclays are paid in US. rbs are paid in US for the first few yrs. and usually they are given fee lodging only on the first yr.

Sometimes agents run around, chauffeuring clients and end up with nothing in the pockets ...

Yup, I have a lot of cases like that :(

for estella83 situation should be okay, assuming her contacts do not know other agents and not bothered to find lodging themselves....of course have to burn weekends since have a day job....

Edited by Plastic3

And when you have some expat clients ... they expect you to fetch them from wher they are and some more late !

for estella83 situation should be okay, assuming her contacts do not know other agents and not bothered to find lodging themselves....

for estella83 situation should be okay, assuming her contacts do not know other agents and not bothered to find lodging themselves....of course have to burn weekends since have a day job....

relationship plays an impt role in everything u do too :)

no pain no gain, i dun mind waiting for money to drop from the sky u know.. if it really happen.

Edited by estella83

relationship ? hmm ... not really. sometimes clients will gravitate towards the cost side ... eg whichever agent can secure the lowest for the buyer and highest for the seller

no pain no gain, i dun mind waiting for money to drop from the sky u know.. if it really happen.

relationship ? hmm ... not really. sometimes clients will gravitate towards the cost side ... eg whichever agent can secure the lowest for the buyer and highest for the seller

i can tell why u said relationship is not impt. lol

relationships is a form of "soft sell" or "soft power". It doesnt always work ;)

i can tell why u said relationship is not impt. lol

And when you have some expat clients ... they expect you to fetch them from wher they are and some more late !

Its quite okay to fetch clients from where they are, especially expats...since they may not be familiar with the directions.....I feel this is part of service...

Edited by Plastic3

Relationship plays a part yes, but for full-time Agents...most clients are referred strangers only a minority are friends or relatives, so there's no relationship to speak of, building relationships takes time sometimes there isn't enough time to establish a bond or rapport with strangers....so the cost factor comes into play...

anyway, its part of being an Agent....there are pros & cons....

Edited by Plastic3

hahahaha ... always check if the client has other agents servicing them. Else, you bring them to 20 places and driving them around, and they just close with another agent who only need to bring her to 2 place ...

so that's why ... agents dont like to serve the "buyer" or "tenant" side. Most do it only when they dont have any other work ...

Its quite okay to fetch clients from where they are, especially expats...since they may not be familiar with the directions.....I feel this is part of service...
Edited by blueocean