Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

oh ya my bad, i confused city aluminium with central aluminium! :P

you're considering fixed panel for your CBR merely for noise reduction? will there be alot of difference in noise compared to having a sliding one?

yah... because it has less "gaps" in between, so noise will be less. But the thickness of frosted glass is only 5mm whereas clear glass has greater thickness, so am thinking of maybe getting clear glass and getting those frosted glass sticker to stick across the glass panel. But that would cost more..

fyi, mild steel grilles are about $550 for two sets, based on quotes i got from a few companies.

Same price as alu grilles. Wonder if mild steel window grilles can slide?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yah... because it has less "gaps" in between, so noise will be less. But the thickness of frosted glass is only 5mm whereas clear glass has greater thickness, so am thinking of maybe getting clear glass and getting those frosted glass sticker to stick across the glass panel. But that would cost more..

Same price as alu grilles. Wonder if mild steel window grilles can slide?

is your corridor very noisy? i had no idea clear glass is thicker..good that mine are clear glass then.. :D

your alu grilles are $550? wow..i'm only paying $240 for my alu grilles leh..living hall + CBR. this price difference is making me think hard about changing to mild steel grilles. according to the people i spoke to, mild steel can slide, however be prepared for the paint coating to peel. they typically recommend doing casement instead.

is your corridor very noisy? i had no idea clear glass is thicker..good that mine are clear glass then.. :D

your alu grilles are $550? wow..i'm only paying $240 for my alu grilles leh..living hall + CBR. this price difference is making me think hard about changing to mild steel grilles. according to the people i spoke to, mild steel can slide, however be prepared for the paint coating to peel. they typically recommend doing casement instead.

WHAT??!!! Your alu grilles only $240?!! Can give me your contact for windows & grilles, plse? I'm customising the design of my grilles. Wonder if that makes a diff? Paint peel never mind, can paint again.

Yes, my place is noisy coz it's near a junction. Clear glass has 5mm, 6mm & 8mm, I think. Apparently, frosted glass has only 5mm.

Aren't you worried that people will see through to your flat?

i am doing a spaceplan for a client that looks totally like yours, except storeroom is on the other side, and no beam in the middle of the house.

see pic

26073598.jpg

PS. i got parador samples already :D you interested?

Edited by ossify

i am doing a spaceplan for a client that looks totally like yours, except storeroom is on the other side, and no beam in the middle of the house.

see pic

26073598.jpg

PS. i got parador samples already :D you interested?

It's almost the same! His MBR looks larger though.. Mine also no beam in the middle of the house. :)

how much did you manage to get psf for parador?

Edited by curryqueen

WHAT??!!! Your alu grilles only $240?!! Can give me your contact for windows & grilles, plse? I'm customising the design of my grilles. Wonder if that makes a diff? Paint peel never mind, can paint again.

Yes, my place is noisy coz it's near a junction. Clear glass has 5mm, 6mm & 8mm, I think. Apparently, frosted glass has only 5mm.

Aren't you worried that people will see through to your flat?

my windows & grilles are done by B&E lor. not sure if customising the grilles will make a price diff but we're going to go for simple horizontal black bars set 8cm apart.

your place is near a road junction, no wonder u're concerned about the noise. are you on a low floor though?

we'll have curtains/blinds so not too worried. but corridor unit is like that mah, open-house for all to view. we chose clear glass because we love natural light.

my windows & grilles are done by B&E lor. not sure if customising the grilles will make a price diff but we're going to go for simple horizontal black bars set 8cm apart.

your place is near a road junction, no wonder u're concerned about the noise. are you on a low floor though?

we'll have curtains/blinds so not too worried. but corridor unit is like that mah, open-house for all to view. we chose clear glass because we love natural light.

Oh yah... forgot that they did your windows.. didn't know B&E did your grilles too! Rynn never got back to me on the quote, so I didn't bother to chase..

Yes, on a low flr.. not sure if it's because there's no furniture in the house, so the place sounded noiser. it didn't sound that noisy when I viewed it before OTP.

ohh, CNS did quote us aluminium sliding frame $210 for kitchen. length 2.3m

height i forgot. u can check with them as well?

must call up a few suppliers, get them to come to your open hse to quote you.

all can come together...like door, windows, grille, painter...etc.

:) then u know the market rate and can judge the quotation given by ID better.

i "opened house" so many times...haha...

Oh yah... forgot that they did your windows.. didn't know B&E did your grilles too! Rynn never got back to me on the quote, so I didn't bother to chase..

Yes, on a low flr.. not sure if it's because there's no furniture in the house, so the place sounded noiser. it didn't sound that noisy when I viewed it before OTP.

oh she never got back to you ah? :unsure: maybe she was too busy..

what about doors? will u be getting solid core ones to help block out the noise then? just curious - how many times did u view the house before you OTP?

ohh, CNS did quote us aluminium sliding frame $210 for kitchen. length 2.3m

height i forgot. u can check with them as well?

I think the reason why mine might be so expensive is because I've asked them to make the gaps btw the rods narrower.

Regardless, will be asking for more quotes. M doing my "open house" this sat after I get keys on Fri.

oh she never got back to you ah? :unsure: maybe she was too busy..

what about doors? will u be getting solid core ones to help block out the noise then? just curious - how many times did u view the house before you OTP?

Yah.. figured that she's busy, so didn't bother.

Main dr not changing. Maintaining old HDB dr. bedrm drs changing to sliding. But MBR is not noisy which is most essential for me, a light sleeper.

I just viewed the place once. Main thing I wanted was the location.. near MRT, near parents, near shopping.. :D Viewed other 3rm flats around the area (which weren't many) but settled on this despite it being near the junction.

hi hsh, i think you can find the answer to your question on the DIY forums here. also, if you're going to laminate over the wood, i think you won't require solid wood lah..plywood might just do. cheaper too.

are you going to laminate the wood yourself? actually, an option that you may wanna consider is to go to gnee hong where you can choose a laminate and a base for your table. a colleague of mind did his dining table via them and i'm keeping this as one of my options.

wow...thanks for the link for gnee hong...exploring their website now :P Dont know if we get the table from Gnee Hong, will it be cheaper than getting at furniture shop itself...

wow...thanks for the link for gnee hong...exploring their website now :P Dont know if we get the table from Gnee Hong, will it be cheaper than getting at furniture shop itself...

you're most welcome.. :)

you can make a visit and check out their prices. if i recall rightly, its about $300 for a round table that can sit four. this price is very close to if you were to buy the wood and laminate it yourself, at least based on my own calculations lah.

Yah.. figured that she's busy, so didn't bother.

Main dr not changing. Maintaining old HDB dr. bedrm drs changing to sliding. But MBR is not noisy which is most essential for me, a light sleeper.

I just viewed the place once. Main thing I wanted was the location.. near MRT, near parents, near shopping.. :D Viewed other 3rm flats around the area (which weren't many) but settled on this despite it being near the junction.

not changing main door? is it very old those kind (i.e. like mine)?

we also viewed our place once before putting pen to paper. apparently, most would view 2-3 times before deciding..lol.

not changing main door? is it very old those kind (i.e. like mine)?

we also viewed our place once before putting pen to paper. apparently, most would view 2-3 times before deciding..lol.

i viewed mine 2 times then OTP. one time night time one time day time.