Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
red_kitty_29

Submitted Application To Hdb 26/03/2010 But Only Got 1st Appointment July 20th! Why?

On the day of my submission 26/03/2010, my agent told me that there was no earlier appointment date, my several checks on 26/03/2010 revealed available dates from (mid May -> July 25th) when my application was submitted.

i have reminded my agent several times that i want an earlier date but was instead given the latest date available.

I only received a sms from my agent that my appointment is on 20/07/2010. (i was not given a choice of dates with HDB)Thus i had the impression i do not have any other choice.

Did not bring up this matter to hdb sooner as i had the impression that 20th July was the earliest date available. It was only when i heard of several people who has submitted their application much later & got a much earlier date than me.

They have already gotten the key n started on renovation! even ready to move in to their new house while im still waiting for my 1st apmt in July! Still long way > 2 mths fr now

After doing much research, i realized i should not have gone directly to this agent who is actually acting on behalf of the seller! Thus he is representing BOTH of us!

He did not act in my interest & i'm not willing to pay him the commission...is this possible? As i have already signed a form saying i will pay him the commission on 1st apmt day....

i also received an invoice from his company asking for commission in APRIL! This is what sparked it off...as a first time buyer, i should have explored more before engaging this agent as my "agent" who is not acting in my interest, is there anything i can do now?

1) to get an earlier date

2) or NOT pay his commission as he did not act in my interest

i know that i have been foolish not doing enough homework before i signed the documents but i need all the advise i can get now...pls help

:-(

Edited by red_kitty_29

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1. Call the property company, say that your transcation is not completed by April. So, no payment on April as per their Invoice

2. Is your seller doing contrac?

1. Call the property company, say that your transcation is not completed by April. So, no payment on April as per their Invoice

2. Is your seller doing contrac?

Yes they are doing contra, seller is has found his other resale HDB flat, does contra make a diff? sorry im so ignorant!

I called up agent and said i received invoice & why? he told me to jus ignore it till my 1st apmt date (to pay his 1% comm)

Edited by red_kitty_29

contra mean the seller can buy right after selling. Some time it happen within days.

How to do contra, if he is selling the flat to you and wait for few wks then buy?

Since you mention you had submit on 26/03 and base on your checks, the available dates from (mid May -> July 25th) But your actual 1st appointment is 20 Jul.

My guess is, the agent ask/choose for the late date.

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Theme...&Selected=4

Q: I intend to sell my HDB flat in the open market and buy another resale flat. How can I benefit from the Enhanced Contra Facility (ECF)?

A:

When you buy your resale flat, all your existing CPF savings in the Ordinary Account will be used to buy the flat. However, if the flat’s resale price is higher than the market valuation, the difference must be paid in cash. HDB will grant you a housing loan after you have used up your CPF savings.

The Enhanced Contra Facility (ECF) is jointly implemented by the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board and the Housing & Development Board (HDB). This facility enables you to sell your existing flat and at the same time buy another resale HDB flat by using the sale proceeds and the refunded CPF monies.

With ECF, you can use the CPF monies to be refunded to your account to reduce your housing loan, thereby reducing your monthly loan instalment. If the price of the flat you are buying is higher than the market valuation, you can also use the proceeds from the sale of your flat to pay for the cash outlay instead of paying with your personal savings or taking up a bridging loan.

Edited by therat

Yes they are doing contra, seller is has found his other resale HDB flat, does contra make a diff? sorry im so ignorant!

I called up agent and said i received invoice & why? he told me to jus ignore it till my 1st apmt date (to pay his 1% comm)

My friend's seller is also doing a contra. She OTP-ed her flat 2.5 months before me but her first appointment is even later than mine... This is becos they need to wait for seller to secure their own flat first, then the seller agent will submit both selling & buying application together, causing delay in submission and hence the later 1st appt date. Her wait between OTP and 1st appointment is 5 months.

My relative (a housing agent) told me that for contra case, it's not unusual for seller agent to ask for a later 1st appt date...

Edited by marshmallow

ya, agree with marshmallow

contra normally mean need longer time.

Edited by therat

I am also in same situation.

I signed OTP on 22 Dec.

Just had my 1st appt in April

Getting my key on 25 May....pushed my way to 8 days earlier else will only complete on 3 June contractually.

It's 5 mths .... much longer than a typical txn :furious:

Agent is also representing both parties and seller doing contra.

My interests to get early completion also fell on deaf ears because the 3rd house refuse to do early completion :bangwall:

I also had to pay comm.

Edited by strawberry8

I am also in same situation.

I signed OTP on 22 Dec.

Just had my 1st appt in April

Getting my key on 25 May....pushed my way to 8 days earlier else will only complete on 3 June contractually.

It's 5 mths .... much longer than a typical txn :furious:

Agent is also representing both parties and seller doing contra.

My interests to get early completion also fell on deaf ears because the 3rd house refuse to do early completion :bangwall:

I also had to pay comm.

My fren also OTP in Dec 09... She hasn't even gone for 1st appt yet !! (coming soon~), and only be able to get keys in July... That is an even longer wait than yours :(

For her case, they have separate agents for buyer and seller, but no choice since they need to wait for seller to secure their new home... the seller even wanna extend their stay beyond 2nd appt !!

My fren also OTP in Dec 09... She hasn't even gone for 1st appt yet !! (coming soon~), and only be able to get keys in July... That is an even longer wait than yours :(

For her case, they have separate agents for buyer and seller, but no choice since they need to wait for seller to secure their new home... the seller even wanna extend their stay beyond 2nd appt !!

Dear Strawberry,

Never knew many many people have this problem! My OTP on 30/01/2010 & exercised option 10th feb, only submitted to HDB appli 26/03/2010 (cos seller hv to find a plc to 1st - i was agreeable & gv 90 days,thus the late submission), my 1st apmt 20 jul

did HDB allow you to change the 1st apmt date? Your seller agreed to it?

Do NOT allow them to extend, theres alot of risks involved from what i have read on this forum

Dear Strawberry,

Never knew many many people have this problem! My OTP on 30/01/2010 & exercised option 10th feb, only submitted to HDB appli 26/03/2010 (cos seller hv to find a plc to 1st - i was agreeable & gv 90 days,thus the late submission), my 1st apmt 20 jul

did HDB allow you to change the 1st apmt date? Your seller agreed to it?

Do NOT allow them to extend, theres alot of risks involved from what i have read on this forum

I also advised my fren against extension of stay beyond 2nd appt, so my fren agreed on giving seller the latest completion date possible (max. 8 weeks from 1st appt).

for contra cases, the date might be longer as they need to accomodate 3 parties instead of the usual 2.

extending stay beyond 2nd appt is solely base on trust since any responsibility should have been borne by them but technically the flat is already under your name.

for my place, i allowed them to stay for another 6 wks beyond the 2nd appt since i have the intention of redoing the whole place, i dun really worry about them damaging anything in the house. also, the seller family was quite friendly and seems very sincere in their thanks for us allowing them to extend their stay.

i would have opted for an extended 2nd appt but they needed the cash proceeds from their flat sales to do up their new flat.

Red Kitty,

1. You must have been "conned" by agent on the submission date: He can only submit resale application for the THREE parties at one go.

2. Question is if u were informed of yr existing seller's intention to buy resale by contra when you paid the deposit? Or at which pt of time you noticed such?

3. Since comm agreement has been signed , u need to pay, pay not before 2nd appointment.

4. Don't too happy yet, you don't know what will happen on 1st appt, any one of the 3 parties "forgot" to bring needed doc, or like home titl deed "lost", then, very good luck to you, the whole transaction, come to worst, might be "voided", if needed doc cannot be re-produced in time and the 2nd appt cannot be done 8 wk after the original 1st appt (although doc did not bring...).

5. I guess, HDB pays "special" attention to cases like this (lost doc), & make sure COMPLETION done within 8wk after 1st appt.

My case was like yours, 3 parties involved, one party "misplaced" title deed and dared to appear on 1st appt & told hdb officer such, waiting all parties' time! Pls note, cpf board take "3 weeks" for forms to be "effective". Can use this as "tool" to "play" the other parties out, make their necks longer.

Edited by bepgof

I agree with the rest. Do not pay the agent the commission at 1st appt. Pay him only after the successful ompletion at 2nd appt.

I agree with the rest. Do not pay the agent the commission at 1st appt. Pay him only after the successful ompletion at 2nd appt.

thanks for all your inputs :-)

yes i was aware of the "contra" case but i did not question the implications of it.... never noe its sooo complicated, i thought to give seller 90 days n prob will be solved

i really don't want to pay the agent comm & he cant produce the document that i signed that i agree to pay their comm on 1st apmt

3 parties? i better pray hard all will go well

AND yes i will take ALL your advise NOT to pay on first apmt (or even pay at all)..really apppreciate you advise

Edited by red_kitty_29

for contra cases, the date might be longer as they need to accomodate 3 parties instead of the usual 2.

extending stay beyond 2nd appt is solely base on trust since any responsibility should have been borne by them but technically the flat is already under your name.

for my place, i allowed them to stay for another 6 wks beyond the 2nd appt since i have the intention of redoing the whole place, i dun really worry about them damaging anything in the house. also, the seller family was quite friendly and seems very sincere in their thanks for us allowing them to extend their stay.

i would have opted for an extended 2nd appt but they needed the cash proceeds from their flat sales to do up their new flat.

Hi Wolflet :-)

omg! 3 parties? i really hope nothing goes wrong for me,i selected the flat in jan... if its extended,i wl hv been waiting almos a yr for it!

you are so kind to them,i hv a fren who also allowed the seller to extend the stay, with no probs at all, how did they compensate you for the 6wks?