Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
red_kitty_29

Submitted Application To Hdb 26/03/2010 But Only Got 1st Appointment July 20th! Why?

Hi Wolflet :-)

omg! 3 parties? i really hope nothing goes wrong for me,i selected the flat in jan... if its extended,i wl hv been waiting almos a yr for it!

you are so kind to them,i hv a fren who also allowed the seller to extend the stay, with no probs at all, how did they compensate you for the 6wks?

no compensation. its the terms they lay out when selling their flat. i bought the flat agreeing to let them stay.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
no compensation. its the terms they lay out when selling their flat. i bought the flat agreeing to let them stay.

so its parts of terms...ur very kind! anyway hope ur enjoyg ur new home now :-) appreciate ur help on this matter,now i know what 2 expect on n after 1st apmt

I am also in same situation.

I signed OTP on 22 Dec.

Just had my 1st appt in April

Getting my key on 25 May....pushed my way to 8 days earlier else will only complete on 3 June contractually.

It's 5 mths .... much longer than a typical txn :furious:

Agent is also representing both parties and seller doing contra.

My interests to get early completion also fell on deaf ears because the 3rd house refuse to do early completion :bangwall:

I also had to pay comm.

Stawberry, its so unfair to you..ur agent sux n so does mine!

my OTP signed 11feb n if my apmt in july, 2nd apmt sept? renov 1 mth... = total 8mths!

hope u get ur keys soon n enjoy ur new home :-)

Stawberry, its so unfair to you..ur agent sux n so does mine!

my OTP signed 11feb n if my apmt in july, 2nd apmt sept? renov 1 mth... = total 8mths!

hope u get ur keys soon n enjoy ur new home :-)

as seen frm my signature.. otp in nov'09. getting key this sunday (16/05/10). reno another 2 mth.. den wait for 7th mth to pass. den move in.. hur.. close to 1 year

I agree with the rest. Do not pay the agent the commission at 1st appt. Pay him only after the successful ompletion at 2nd appt.

but agent's contract stated clearly to pay comm at first appt, else interest chargeable every month thereafter. how?

but agent's contract stated clearly to pay comm at first appt, else interest chargeable every month thereafter. how?

wah liao

simi property company is that?

time to call CASE

wah liao

simi property company is that?

time to call CASE

i'm sure "interest" can be waived & i will go to CASE if i hv to :-( hope fully not....its a well known agency but cannot say here, after all its the agent at fault

i'm sure "interest" can be waived & i will go to CASE if i hv to :-( hope fully not....its a well known agency but cannot say here, after all its the agent at fault

What if they charge u COMPOUND interest rate of 24% per weekly based, then how?

Edited by bepgof

What if they charge u COMPOUND interest rate of 24% per weekly based, then how?

Hi Bepgof

we meet again here!

want to check if I can bring up my case - do you think I have a case against **** agent?

Remember my story? I applied BTO flat, have been informed by HDB (at the time agent was selling my flat) that probable completion is Mar, but not been asked to collect keys. Agent knows about this.

When seller asked for early move in, agent did not advice us that since keys still not ready, we should ask buyer for extension, instead of allowing them to move in and incurring costs on ourselves to rent and find storage of our stuff. I mean, which owner would do that totally illogical thing?

Thought of writing to agent company to ask for discount on comm and allow late payment due to:

1. agent lack of professional advice, resulting in us incurring extra which would have been agent comm $

2. negative sale - agent witnessed us returning deposit money to HDB at first appt

I feel that giving out appropriate advice, and advising the client to make decisions in favour of their position is part of the agent's duty, as a professional. Surely they are not just there to do paper work - this one I can easily handle myself!

What do you think? My reasons valid or not? Getting more pissed with the agent, esp after meeting up with her again at first appt when she said some stupid things.

Hi Bepgof

we meet again here!

want to check if I can bring up my case - do you think I have a case against **** agent?

Remember my story? I applied BTO flat, have been informed by HDB (at the time agent was selling my flat) that probable completion is Mar, but not been asked to collect keys. Agent knows about this.

When seller asked for early move in, agent did not advice us that since keys still not ready, we should ask buyer for extension, instead of allowing them to move in and incurring costs on ourselves to rent and find storage of our stuff. I mean, which owner would do that totally illogical thing?

Thought of writing to agent company to ask for discount on comm and allow late payment due to:

1. agent lack of professional advice, resulting in us incurring extra which would have been agent comm $

2. negative sale - agent witnessed us returning deposit money to HDB at first appt

I feel that giving out appropriate advice, and advising the client to make decisions in favour of their position is part of the agent's duty, as a professional. Surely they are not just there to do paper work - this one I can easily handle myself!

What do you think? My reasons valid or not? Getting more pissed with the agent, esp after meeting up with her again at first appt when she said some stupid things.

I was merely joking in post#24.

How I wish I could be yr agent & grant you ZERO comm. U're right that agent is to give PROMPT & APPROPRIATE advises to client, however, the final decision still in client's hand.

No harm writing in, always hope for the best & prepared for the worst! May luck be always with you.

Edited by bepgof

my buying agent also has a clause stating pay at first appt which we agree initially but after seeing some comments here earlier this year, I called him up and told him I will only pay second appt. We ding dong here and there and final decision to protect both parties is to pay half at first appt and half second appt. terms is like that lah, but can talk to the agent one. unless agent dun want to cooperate.

btw, why negative sales? housing market has already picked up so I dun c the reason why u need to sell at a loss in the first place??!! :unsure:

Edited by samgalz

ok, think I will write - like you said no harm trying.

So sian, gone through this twice, both times kanna **** agent. Wonder where the good agents are?

Wish me luck!

Froggy, is there any "late payment" clause in the commissioning agreement, got mention compound interest at how many %, per annum, per monthly, or per weekly based for computing such interest? If don't have, just delay till 2nd appt when whole transaction is deemed complete and when only then agent's service is deem complete....

If I were agent I'll insert such clause to make it more clear, transparent & complete.

Edited by bepgof

Froggy, is there any "late payment" clause in the commissioning agreement, got mention compound interest at how many %, per annum, per monthly, or per weekly based for computing such interest? If don't have, just delay till 2nd appt when whole transaction is deemed complete and when only then agent's service is deem complete....

If I were agent I'll insert such clause to make it more clear, transparent & complete.

contract only states that interest at 1% per month for late payment.

have written the letter already, and sent out via registered mail this afternoon (must do it while still feeling hot, otherwise once i cool down i will start to think twice before acting), so now only can wait for their reply. I can imagine a black face agent on second appt .. :( but don't care lah! I am not ever going to meet her anymore from that day!

contract only states that interest at 1% per month for late payment.

have written the letter already, and sent out via registered mail this afternoon (must do it while still feeling hot, otherwise once i cool down i will start to think twice before acting), so now only can wait for their reply. I can imagine a black face agent on second appt .. :( but don't care lah! I am not ever going to meet her anymore from that day!

Froggy,

oh dear, yes u hv to mit agent again! ya that wl b last time :-( i agree u shld at least "try" to ask for lower fees or pay later with no interest charged, cos the invoice - im sure they can change the amt...even worst case scenario cannot,at least u tried...YOU shld gv her black face too, n tel her off 'cos she was not doing her job yet still charge u agent fees