Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelous666

Home Of The Blessed @ Renotalk

Guest kksiong
Updated my blog today... And adding some pictures here to share.

We've completed the tiling works for the toilets and are almost done with the marble flooring. Next week, parquet flooring of the bedrooms and homogeneous tiling for the kitchen will be schedule to complete.

Living-Kitchen-Dining-5.jpg

Our living-kitchen-dining panaromic pic with the half completed floor and finished false ceiling.

Our mum's seem to love the common toilet tiling, saying our ID did a pretty good job to be creative and using just simple materials to make something special. Kudos to the tiling masters for their great workmanship as well. :bow:

DSCF6403.jpg

I'm really bad with the cam so could not seem to photo the entire wall

DSCF6405.jpg

This one had too much flash

DSCF6406.jpg

Same for this one... And we really need to pain that pipe :paint:

The marble flooring should finish tomorrow and the sanding/polishing will start only next week after the entire flooring is completed. Hoping for the best. :good:

hi the water pipe looked to slang out, is there other way to make it look nice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi the water pipe looked to slang out, is there other way to make it look nice

Hi kksiong,

we had a couple of options to hide / beautify that darned waste pipe. One was to box it up and the other is to paint it to a colour to match the toilet.

the first solution to box up the pipe requires an approval from the PE. after thinking about it for a long time, we decided to live with the pipe by painting, instead of having to pay for the PE and go through the HDB approval process to get the pipe boxed up.

There is one last solution we have thought of which is to build a sliding compartment (similar to a box-up) but allows access to the sad looking pipe :(. we passed on that too, but still kiv.

Updated my blog with some more stuff on lightings.

Does anyone out there know any shops places i can find a large variety of barstools? Looking for something really simple, with a small backrest, and preferably cushioned. Have tried IMM, furntiure mall, and sungei kadut... its been a disappointing journey looking for bar stools so far.., grhh..

Also, found some stains on my marble flooring after the first day of polishing!! :furious:

2010-06-20135512.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what this is and if it can be removed?

thanks in advance guys.. :bow:

We're almost there to hand over after 2 weeks being out of town.

Had updated my blog but found some time to update this forum as well! not too much to say, just some pics of the developements..

More can be found on the blog until I find more time to post things here...

Carpentary work

2010-06-24161520.jpg

2010-06-24161527.jpg

2010-06-24161624.jpg

Toilets

2010-06-25222551.jpg

DSCF7496-1.jpg

The previous pictures were taken last week. Since then, the kitchen was done and the solid surface up.. Furniture will start rolling in the weekend after the next!

Carpentary done up (and my favourite Faucet!!)

05072010198.jpg

DSCF7491-1.jpg

How to hide your yard from the your guests:

05072010200.jpg

05072010202.jpg

And the finished product........

DSCF7497.jpg

That's it for now.. keep a look out for my blog updates!!

Wet Works 203

This reno-talk posting is finally catching up with my actual reno! Anyway, we finished the screeding of the entire house tdy, including the leveling of the balcony, kitchen and yard to the rest of the house. As I type, the electrical wirings and aircon-trunking is getting put in place, along with the false ceiling. That will be for the later posts coming over the weekend once i get some pictures taken. hehe

Screeding and leveling.. We originally had tons of sand and cement mixes piled up all over the floor in every room and that made the place look really cramped up. Three weeks into the reno, we finally had the cement screed nicely poured and laid out across the apartment :D

DSCF6360.jpg

Our Balcony finally levelled and the entire place screed. Place looks much more spacious now!

My missus wanted a different kind of feature wall in the living room and we found these nice brick looking homogenous tiles to put up against the wall. I was unsure of the outcome, but after the tiles got put up, it actually looked quite ok to me :)

We also had some of the water piping done, after having thought long and hard on where to place our washing machine... There was also this big fugly drainage pipe hanging at my kitchen wall that we had to hide! (we never realised it until we took down the odd looking built-in cupboard that was hiding it.......should have checked) anyway, more details of this in my blog.

DSCF6344.jpg

One thing I'd like to share.. Please ensure that the workers lay the waterproofing not just on the toilet floor, but also up to at least half a foot up the surrounding walls...

DSCF6365.jpg

Waterproofing up the wall...

DSCF6364.jpg

Toilet wall tiles done up!

DSCF6298.jpg

Our little niche in the shower area for toiletries

Okay.. tt's it for tdy.. time to go slp.... yawnz..

Good night people..

Wa, super spacious! Can play catching in e hse ah!

The previous pictures were taken last week. Since then, the kitchen was done and the solid surface up.. Furniture will start rolling in the weekend after the next!

How to hide your yard from the your guests:

05072010200.jpg

05072010202.jpg

That is very very clever!!!

Nice house!

floorplan-proposed.jpg

Propsed Floor Plan

Yes, there was tons of hacking to do and this was definitely not for the faint hearted. Our parents, along with a host of our relatives were questioning why we wanted such "openness" and doing so much hacking. Part of the concerns were what we were gonna do when we eventually sell the place, then there were concerns of the openness of the kitchen, etc etc.

It never ended.

My advise to the young couples like me: "Listen to what they have to say, and let go of all the unhappy stuff you will definitely hear. Some of the comments are words of wisdom, but ultimately, IT IS YOUR HOME." I took in some advise and completely ignored the other more "conservative parent/relative" concerns (much to their dismay).

you have my undivided support on this strategy cause I belong to this brave school of thought too.

just like seemingly the whole universe or galaxy cannot agree with us buying an EA as we are a young couple.

i feel that if you have done enough research, have more insights to why you wanna do certain decisions or that the inner voice inside is louder that whatever sentiments outside..

choose to do it like nike - Jus Do It

Also, found some stains on my marble flooring after the first day of polishing!! :furious:

2010-06-20135512.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what this is and if it can be removed?

thanks in advance guys.. :bow:

the staining could be due to pallet that was used to hold the marble. i.e the back of the marble is already resting on some contaminants from the saw dust from the pallet, rusty nails etc during delivery. there should be proper wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any contaminants prior to installation. if not, the stains could surface on the marble front (due to natural marble being porous) after coming into contact with the moisture from the adhesive.

for now, look for stain removing agents meant for marble (PSE DO NOT USE ANY HOUSEHOLD HARSH CHEMICALS as that might damage the natural marble) like aquamix (the company carrying it is call floormedics) or faber chemicals.

hope it helps!

DSCF7491-1.jpg

OMG... pse, do without the name long island. doesnt do justice at all!

I shall aptly name it THE infinity island!!!!

I luv it!

I will be doing a kitchen island as well. all is nice but we're not so lucky as you to only have a "stiffener". ours is really a column that we seemingly can't do anything about it!

henceforth, I will be stalking your blog. Ha!

Edited by ne0mesis

you have my undivided support on this strategy cause I belong to this brave school of thought too.

just like seemingly the whole universe or galaxy cannot agree with us buying an EA as we are a young couple.

i feel that if you have done enough research, have more insights to why you wanna do certain decisions or that the inner voice inside is louder that whatever sentiments outside..

choose to do it like nike - Jus Do It

Yes!! Agree with you completely.. I can go on a full day on why one should buy EA so young, and why we should all buy our HDB even if it can be used to buy a condo...

My tactic was to "be more boring than your elders".. I sat down with my parents to explain why I should buy EA for 2hrs until they gave up. LOL...

And yes, after the whole galaxy/universe voiced their doubts about the open-concept, I just said "its my house.. thanks for the advice"

:yamseng:

the staining could be due to pallet that was used to hold the marble. i.e the back of the marble is already resting on some contaminants from the saw dust from the pallet, rusty nails etc during delivery. there should be proper wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any contaminants prior to installation. if not, the stains could surface on the marble front (due to natural marble being porous) after coming into contact with the moisture from the adhesive.

for now, look for stain removing agents meant for marble (PSE DO NOT USE ANY HOUSEHOLD HARSH CHEMICALS as that might damage the natural marble) like aquamix (the company carrying it is call floormedics) or faber chemicals.

hope it helps!

Thanks for that ne0! We figured out that it was due to some rush stains but the marble guys managed to clean those up with some alkaline solution like the one you proposed. Not to be trifled with bare hands I must say. But yeah, we figured that we should just keep some of these stuff at home just in case. Do you use marble for your home too?

OMG... pse, do without the name long island. doesnt do justice at all!

I shall aptly name it THE infinity island!!!!

I luv it!

I will be doing a kitchen island as well. all is nice but we're not so lucky as you to only have a "stiffener". ours is really a column that we seemingly can't do anything about it!

henceforth, I will be stalking your blog. Ha!

LoL.. Infinity Island.. Nice name and I'll will use it aptly :D

I had been following your blog as well before mine started, and i think you have a lot of room to play around with as well! And your walk-in wardrobe is HUGE lah!

Edited by angelous666

More pics. We finally had the toilet mirror up and I could take a proper picture of the place...

MBR Toilet seemed like it doubled in size due to the mirror

DSCF7500.jpg

MBR Wardrobe that was built into the wall

DSCF7502.jpg

More pics. We finally had the toilet mirror up and I could take a proper picture of the place...

MBR Toilet seemed like it doubled in size due to the mirror

DSCF7500.jpg

wah very big mirror! very shiok! :D

wow, I love your kitchen island - like those ang mo kitchen!

So envious of all the space you have. and marble floor the EA - wow, must have cost a bomb! We want to do marble flooring for the hall of our mini scale 4room already felt so heart pain!

what marble is this? can't really see clearly. And can I ask where you get them from? We have more or less decided on the marble we want, but since not paid, still open for more options ..

Your contractor is doing bottom to top?