Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelous666

Home Of The Blessed @ Renotalk

Hi there

Just to let you know that I have exactly the same tap bought 2 yrs ago..it was rather pricey ($400+) and after 2 yrs, the spray started to leak.

So now I am just using the normal tap.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yes!! Agree with you completely.. I can go on a full day on why one should buy EA so young, and why we should all buy our HDB even if it can be used to buy a condo...

My tactic was to "be more boring than your elders".. I sat down with my parents to explain why I should buy EA for 2hrs until they gave up. LOL...

And yes, after the whole galaxy/universe voiced their doubts about the open-concept, I just said "its my house.. thanks for the advice"

:yamseng:

exactly, i have peers quizzing me left right up down why i spent that sort of money on a hdb when i can actually spend on a EC. and a low floor to make things worse.

heck, i feel that am buying on location with more potentials to come, i have enuff cpf to avoid any cash payment at all monthly, so i stick to my guns.

"be more boring than your elders" - the parents are easy, is ppl like your immediate peers who are out flat-hunting and swears by BTO and an elder brother who seemingly knows-better-than-you-do-always that makes you feel agggghhhhh

"its my house.. thanks for the advice" - like how John Travolta said in Broken Arrow, "ATTITUDE!"

Thanks for that ne0! We figured out that it was due to some rush stains but the marble guys managed to clean those up with some alkaline solution like the one you proposed. Not to be trifled with bare hands I must say. But yeah, we figured that we should just keep some of these stuff at home just in case. Do you use marble for your home too?

i wish but i can't.

i will try marble-like tiles maybe.

hahaha

LoL.. Infinity Island.. Nice name and I'll will use it aptly :D

I had been following your blog as well before mine started, and i think you have a lot of room to play around with as well! And your walk-in wardrobe is HUGE lah!

tks tks!

so i guess we will be stalking each other's blog then huh

More pics. We finally had the toilet mirror up and I could take a proper picture of the place...

MBR Toilet seemed like it doubled in size due to the mirror

DSCF7500.jpg

indeed, and I LIKE IT cause that's what i have in mind too for my mbr.

HA

Edited by ne0mesis

I can go on a full day on why one should buy EA so young, and why we should all buy our HDB even if it can be used to buy a condo...

My tactic was to "be more boring than your elders".. I sat down with my parents to explain why I should buy EA for 2hrs until they gave up. LOL...

And yes, after the whole galaxy/universe voiced their doubts about the open-concept, I just said "its my house.. thanks for the advice"

:yamseng:

hi there! from one EA owner to another, pray do tell on how you convinced your folks on getting the EA, we pretty much got the same query from friend too...our more like "that kind of $$ can buy condo"...sure i can - a shoebox apt in the butt-end of the country...but hey to each his own right! ;)

hi there! from one EA owner to another, pray do tell on how you convinced your folks on getting the EA, we pretty much got the same query from friend too...our more like "that kind of $$ can buy condo"...sure i can - a shoebox apt in the butt-end of the country...but hey to each his own right! ;)

YEA, EAers.... let's show them what we can do with our space. hahaha (strictly no offence to anyone)

YEA, EAers.... let's show them what we can do with our space. hahaha (strictly no offence to anyone)

personally i think i prefer the space than the facilities as i dun really use any of them.

singapore is quite safe liao, no need security lah. thats why i go for EA. ;)

personally i think i prefer the space than the facilities as i dun really use any of them.

from a ex-EAer, I miss the space as well...but I definitely DO NOT miss the cleaning that comes with it. wahahahaha....

from a ex-EAer, I miss the space as well...but I definitely DO NOT miss the cleaning that comes with it. wahahahaha....

hmm i think i go buy the masking tapes to tape up all windows and doors to prevent dust coming in!

ya cleaning can be a real PITA, but its a small price to pay for that space...

Edited by titanax

Couldn't agree more! Space is very important for me... must walk into the house and have that 'Aaaaah' feeling.

Yeah, the reactions to our purchase ranged from... "Oh, nice area" to "Wah, why don't buy private"... Think we should tape our answers to the latter question and play back for the skeptics. Heh heh.

Ultimately, it's really what you value and what you want. As long as you're happy :D PEACE.

Couldn't agree more! Space is very important for me... must walk into the house and have that 'Aaaaah' feeling.

Yeah, the reactions to our purchase ranged from... "Oh, nice area" to "Wah, why don't buy private"... Think we should tape our answers to the latter question and play back for the skeptics. Heh heh.

Ultimately, it's really what you value and what you want. As long as you're happy :D PEACE.

As long as you're happy :D PEACE. That's what I'm talking about!

We might be able to write a thesis on this if we come together.. "Why buy an EA 101".

"That kind of $$ can buy condo" is usually replied with, "find me a condo of the same price that is more than 1500sqft, without that $300 maintenance fee" followed by "Has it ever occured to you that there has to be a reason why every singaporean can only buy ONE HDB and none after a private property has been bought?" The second question usually ends the conversation. I guess everyone must have gone through this one before and our answers are all about the same.. hehehe.

:sport-smiley-003:

"Why do you need such a big apartment?" is usually replied with "I can only buy one HDB... ONLY ONE. PSF wise, i am happy to pay $300+psf for a 1500sqft compared to 300+psf for a 1200sft"

This is usually followed by "But you can buy 5room then upgrade wad..." and is replied with, "I am just paying now so that I don't have to pay later and pay extra for moving, and spend time to find a new place and to move to it."

"Have you ever thought about the effort you need to spend cleaning the place?"

:horse: <-- maybe not this kind of mess hehehe.

Ans: "If you really don't have time (like me), part time maids cost 10-15bux and hour and they can clean the place AND iron your clothes on the weekends..." (I don't have any pets at home and both of us work rather long hours so maintenance at home is also much lower.)

Many more, but I really have got to get back to my day job...

Yes... It is all about space...

Btw, I found some decent barstools at Giant (Tampines) at 50Bux a piece, and swiped 6 of the shelf to feed the sitting requirements for my island. Saved me a good amount of munny. If you guys need some, might wanna go there to take a look. They are selling out FAST.

Edited by angelous666

hmm...no matter what house u get, they will ask you why u did not get the other houses... *duh*

if u buy EA, they ask u why didnt u buy condo,

if u buy condo, they ask u why didnt u buy EA.

:) they will never be happy...but most importantly the house owner must be happy! :)

Btw, I found some decent barstools at Giant (Tampines) at 50Bux a piece, and swiped 6 of the shelf to feed the sitting requirements for my island. Saved me a good amount of munny. If you guys need some, might wanna go there to take a look. They are selling out FAST.

yup saw it too, pretty decent i would say...but i hv no need of bar stool for my place :( would love to hv a raise island for it...maybe the next time...hahaha

We might be able to write a thesis on this if we come together.. "Why buy an EA 101".

tell me if you are.. you can reference me. ha

the infinity island.. i'm kinda hoping for more updates for a long long time. ha

hmm...no matter what house u get, they will ask you why u did not get the other houses... *duh*

if u buy EA, they ask u why didnt u buy condo,

if u buy condo, they ask u why didnt u buy EA.

:) they will never be happy...but most importantly the house owner must be happy! :)

WELL SAID!

Edited by ne0mesis