Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
queenzee

Is 10k Reasonable - Kitchen Reno

I am planning to reno my kitchen and common toilet.

Kitchen will be full reno whilst common toilet is just to change to copper piping and change its floor tiles.

Will 10k be enough (inclusive of kitchen accessories)? TIA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am planning to reno my kitchen and common toilet.

Kitchen will be full reno whilst common toilet is just to change to copper piping and change its floor tiles.

Will 10k be enough (inclusive of kitchen accessories)? TIA

Hi

It depend ... how big is your kitchen as the cost is per square feet, whether u are going to solidtop/granite counter plus soft closing system like blum, high end stainless steel accessories like welmi (chicken brand) as well. Mine 20ft (top+bottom) kitchen with some of the accessories above & without removing kitchen tiles already cost me around $5k. But mine price is a bit on the high end.

Hi

It depend ... how big is your kitchen as the cost is per square feet, whether u are going to solidtop/granite counter plus soft closing system like blum, high end stainless steel accessories like welmi (chicken brand) as well. Mine 20ft (top+bottom) kitchen with some of the accessories above & without removing kitchen tiles already cost me around $5k. But mine price is a bit on the high end.

no high end stuffs ar. plan to hack the service yard + kitchen floor + bathroom floor.

i think the cabinet is about that long. or shorter.. because i plan to have tall cabinet at one end.

since im talking hacking and all.. somehow it seems my 10k not enough? :bangwall:

If hack the whole kitchen, redo floor, wall, cabinet + 1 toilet floor.

10k.. might not enough

ur (inclusive of kitchen accessories) is it refer to hob and hood?

If hack the whole kitchen, redo floor, wall, cabinet + 1 toilet floor.

10k.. might not enough

ur (inclusive of kitchen accessories) is like hob and hood?

yup. that basic accessories. im also hoping i can 'save' the toilet bowl when contractors do the toilet flooring.

btw, can we hack the kerb that separates the service yard and the kitchen?

looking at your intended scope of work, likely to bust your 10k budget.

if redoing the bathroom floor invloves hacking (and not overlaying), the cost will be significantly higher. need to take into consideration waterproofing, and redoing part of the wall tiles (cos waterproofing membrane will be affected). most contractors charge a lump sum for bathroom flooring.

yup. that basic accessories. im also hoping i can 'save' the toilet bowl when contractors do the toilet flooring.

btw, can we hack the kerb that separates the service yard and the kitchen?

I don't know as my house don't have service yard.

why want to do toilet flooring?

If hack floor, sure have

hacking cost

water proofing cost

tiles cost

How abt layover the tiles? you can save hacking cost and water proofing cost.

U can go around asking for quotation to compare.

I don't know as my house don't have service yard.

why want to do toilet flooring?

If hack floor, sure have

hacking cost

water proofing cost

tiles cost

How abt layover the tiles? you can save hacking cost and water proofing cost.

U can go around asking for quotation to compare.

reason chosing hacking. 1) chemical at floor tiles starts to 'bubble' up. my dad got to use the scraper to unscrap it ;) . 2) the skirting (very low kerb) between kitchen and dining slanted. nong, nong ago when my parents do up the place, the never check. so its really an eyesore.

im not sure if overlay the toilet floor is a good guarantee, tho'? :unsure: toilet floor was originally fitted by HDB now all black. no matter how we scrub, it still looked stained dirty.

Edited by queenzee

I think HDB has warranty on toilet.

5 yrs, if i'm not wrong?

How abt check with HDB.

My guess, you might need to budget 15k

hob n hood I think you buy urself might be cheaper.

Unless you want to use back the existing one

Some hob company might have trade in promotion.

I think HDB has warranty on toilet.

5 yrs, if i'm not wrong?

How abt check with HDB.

My guess, you might need to budget 15k

hob n hood I think you buy urself might be cheaper.

Unless you want to use back the existing one

Some hob company might have trade in promotion.

5 yrs? gone liao. been in that home for 11 yrs.. if i had known got warranty, should have complaint!!! sigh.

15k is like i can do both toilets plus kitchen reno rite?

5 yrs? gone liao. been in that home for 11 yrs.. if i had known got warranty, should have complaint!!! sigh.

15k is like i can do both toilets plus kitchen reno rite?

hey queenzee

u probably wanna to look at doing cement screed/epoxy/sediment flooring but make sure that the contractor is experience one.

those 3 solutions was mentioned to be cheaper.

cement screed - basically just cement raw looks ... of course only if u like the look

epoxy vs sediment floor - link

renotalker doing epoxy link

nightmare of one renotalker (sumobear) due to inexperience contractor link, end up doing tiling.

eproxy maybe slippery though but some mentioned there is matt feels for better grip.

Wanna to do cement screed but too late liawww ... my reno process on wet works already past plus ID mentioned not worthy as my floor is in good condition.

anyway hope this give u more choice ... good luck ;)

Edited by dbkungfu

hey queenzee

u probably wanna to look at doing cement screed/epoxy/sediment flooring but make sure that the contractor is experience one.

those 3 solutions was mentioned to be cheaper.

cement screed - basically just cement raw looks ... of course only if u like the look

epoxy vs sediment floor - link

renotalker doing epoxy link

nightmare of one renotalker (sumobear) due to inexperience contractor link, end up doing tiling.

eproxy maybe slippery though but some mentioned there is matt feels for better grip.

Wanna to do cement screed but too late liawww ... my reno process on wet works already past plus ID mentioned not worthy as my floor is in good condition.

anyway hope this give u more choice ... good luck ;)

Wow.. pretty nice flooring there.. sediment flooring looks like the other moneysaver choice. but whats the diff between sediment and the coating (new coat)?

imho, kitchen being a wet area should be slightly rough.

do discuss with your contractor to see if its suitable on kitchen areas.

all spray paint will peel, its a matter of time. :)

surely not as lasting as tiles.

cement screed will also crack over time.

must weigh the pros and cons of each option.

Wow.. pretty nice flooring there.. sediment flooring looks like the other moneysaver choice. but whats the diff between sediment and the coating (new coat)?

Sediment flooring....German imported product, www.remmers.co.uk (4 coatings). USA imported product, texture spray painting, www.multicolorpaint.com (6 coatings)

Kitchen + 2 bathrooms, floor & walls - $4900

Texture spray paint- Class A fire-rating. Stain and Household Chemical Resistance. Mildew, fungus resistance and bacterial inhibition. Scrub resistance over 30000 cycles (that mean everyday scrub the walls 1 time, u need to scrub 90yrs then the paint will peel off)

Btw, $10K is not possible to do up everything for 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom. Help u d o a rough gauge.

Kitchen cabinet 20ft, top and bottom avg. @$100pfr - $2000

Solid surface, 10ft avg. @$80pfr - $800

Hacking and disposal - $1600

Tiling and waterproofing - $3000

Tiles - $2000

Plumbling works- Labour to install 1 WC, 1 basin & tap, 1 kitchen sink & tap - $200

Electrical works - ard $300

Hob and hood - avg. $800

Sink - $200

Tap - $80

Basin - $200

Tap - $50

WC - $300

Total cost u need to buffer another 10%. This is just a rough gauge, different material, different cost.

Edited by jaskel