Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
queenzee

Is 10k Reasonable - Kitchen Reno

wow thanks Jaskel :bow: .. yeah that buffer allotment is a must have!!

gimz63251073, you're right. im weighing all of the options now.. thanks!

Edited by queenzee

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

weigh your options, think of long term maintenance esp if you intend to stay there for a period of time.

my understanding is that epoxy needs touching up every few years. this type of floor finish is usually used in factories.

yes, it can be slippery. this is why there is a specification on the type of shoes to be worn in factory settings. i have to take off my high heels and change to the appropriate shoes when going around the production area.

you can pre-calculate your floor and wall area. this information will be useful during negotiation with your contractor. most contractors will buffer a minimum 5-10% (some even a lot more) in their estimation when doing the pricing.

Edited by Livinstyle

weigh your options, think of long term maintenance esp if you intend to stay there for a period of time.

my understanding is that epoxy needs touching up every few years. this type of floor finish is usually used in factories.

yes, it can be slippery. this is why there is a specification on the type of shoes to be worn in factory settings. i have to take off my high heels and change to the appropriate shoes when going around the production area.

you can pre-calculate your floor and wall area. this information will be useful during negotiation with your contractor. most contractors will buffer a minimum 5-10% (some even a lot more) in their estimation when doing the pricing.

i had a friend working in an ID firm and she mentioned that her boss normally quote more than 50% of the job. this to say things and labour are cheap in singapore? im abit sceptic on that as we normally import things, right?

i still would prefer tiling (long term) but weighing pros/cons on to overlay or to hack. Or even do that sediment flooring or new coat flooring..

i had a friend working in an ID firm and she mentioned that her boss normally quote more than 50% of the job. this to say things and labour are cheap in singapore? im abit sceptic on that as we normally import things, right?

i still would prefer tiling (long term) but weighing pros/cons on to overlay or to hack. Or even do that sediment flooring or new coat flooring..

yes, your friend is right. some contractors were trying to charge me as much as double the amount. luckily, i have already prempt it. did my calculations and even the number of tiles required. this concrete data helps during negotiation stage. based on this estimates, you can gauage how much your contractor is charging you based on psf. you will be surprised at the exorbitant figures.

most of the workers doing the actual work are not locals. they are some foreign workers employed by the companies. how much do you think the bosses will pay them? how do you think these ID firms can justify the cost of keeping a nice office/showroom? there must be resources helping to pay for it, right?

yes, your friend is right. some contractors were trying to charge me as much as double the amount. luckily, i have already prempt it. did my calculations and even the number of tiles required. this concrete data helps during negotiation stage. based on this estimates, you can gauage how much your contractor is charging you based on psf. you will be surprised at the exorbitant figures.

most of the workers doing the actual work are not locals. they are some foreign workers employed by the companies. how much do you think the bosses will pay them? how do you think these ID firms can justify the cost of keeping a nice office/showroom? there must be resources helping to pay for it, right?

gosh, ok ill try to calculate this number of tiles and gauge the costs.

ya lah.. they doing business too.. but better to be reasonable than exorbitant..

gosh, ok ill try to calculate this number of tiles and gauge the costs.

ya lah.. they doing business too.. but better to be reasonable than exorbitant..

Hi,

Just to share.

the contractor which my family had been engaging is offering a promotion at the moment,

1 kitchen plus 2 toilet wall and floor, Spray coating and sediment fleck coating, plus 2 set of WC and basin at $5688.

n base in the passed 3 renovation my family had did from them, the cost for their kitchen cabinet top plus bottom is $190per foot run.

With this i believe u can gauge on ur cost ler.

Hope it does help.

If u interested pmed me for the contact.

Cheers!!