Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wildfaye29

Time Needed From Planning To Final Product

Hi there, my parents have a 20y.o. inter terr which we are intending to do a reconstruct. As it is currently tenanted, we will only commence any sort of work once the tenancy lapse. We would like to know how long it would take from planning to the final product, assuming we have already shortlisted a builder.

The ppty sits on a land area of approx 2200 sqf with a driveway for 2.5 cars. A built up area of approx 1800 sqf on 2 levels. We intend to increase the build up area to at least 3000sqf on 3.5 levels with 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, living, dining, kitchen, maid/utility room, a guest room (no toilet), study and hopefully a extra living area in the upper levels with entertainment facilities. Also pantry on all levels.

We are currently budgeting 500K for everything and was wondering if it is the market norm. Does anyone also know the rates for taking a recontruct loan btw?

Any comments and advise appreciated.

Cheers

faye

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi there, my parents have a 20y.o. inter terr which we are intending to do a reconstruct. As it is currently tenanted, we will only commence any sort of work once the tenancy lapse. We would like to know how long it would take from planning to the final product, assuming we have already shortlisted a builder.

The ppty sits on a land area of approx 2200 sqf with a driveway for 2.5 cars. A built up area of approx 1800 sqf on 2 levels. We intend to increase the build up area to at least 3000sqf on 3.5 levels with 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, living, dining, kitchen, maid/utility room, a guest room (no toilet), study and hopefully a extra living area in the upper levels with entertainment facilities. Also pantry on all levels.

We are currently budgeting 500K for everything and was wondering if it is the market norm. Does anyone also know the rates for taking a recontruct loan btw?

Any comments and advise appreciated.

Cheers

faye

Contruction timing varies for different projects depending on complexity etc. For inter terrace, I've heard that it can range from 8 months to a year. My own reconstruction of my inter terrace is slated for a 10 months contraction.

Planning happens before construction and you can already commence before your tenant moves out. Expect no less than 4 months, assuming that you need to work through a brand new design.

500k (assuming this is all in cost inclusive of everything to move in) to build 3000 sq works out to 166 psf which is extremely cheap. A safer planning budget is around 300 psf.

Cost is just one factor to look at - the others is the experience of the contractor (previous jobs done ...), project management experience of the architects etc

You dont want to re-construct and end up with a building that fails all the BCA checks and cannot obtain TOP ... Then end up spending more time in the civil court to sue the contractors for faulty workmanship

Construction contract should adhere to the singapore insitute of architects standard terms and conditions ...

As long as you get qualified persons, there should be no problem getting CSC when your house is completed. $500K is very tight budget. A more comfortable sum is $850K of which there will be budget for lighting, nice toiletries, good parquet or bamboo flooring, air conditioned the whole house, curtains, customed made wardrobe, kitchen oven, sink, etc....

Construction cost is escalating and raw materials and labour cost have increased. I think to rebuild the house into 3.5 storey would cost you easily $700K inclusive of piling, using quality water proofing materials, lots of double glazed glass windows, etc... The other $150K could be for some nice fine furnishing and lightings.

If you need info on loan, you can pm me. I got a friend in this mortage business and he would be able to advise you.

On time needed, I think typically construction takes about 8 to 10 months. Planning would take longer if you could not do it on a more intensive basis. A lot depend on the speed you and your architect work.

Cheers!

Edited by leechaorui