Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pixiepixel

Pixiepixel's Pixilated Home

wolflet, i know. but i dun like the glossy look

some designers whom i've met told me that they can do away with the glossy look but still have a protective layer. didnt check how they can do it specifically.

will be meeting 1 of them tomorrow so lemme check on their "solution"

hey btw, idzign also say can leh

izit? anyway. i whacked my ID about why u were quoted so high. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi

me too 5 room jurong east..b2xx collecting keys end july...most of u guess point block:) mine favourite but cnt afford. I noticed point block flats value is easily higher by 30k and more..i loved yr balcony especially those on 10x and 22x high floor ones..good view :D

noob question#2 for today:

current parquet looks like this:

originalparquet.jpg

to go along with my raw look (if i ever can achieve that), im thinking of sanding it, staining it to a "unfinished" kind of look; NO shiny surfaces though

1. is it possible?

2. anyone has lobang for companies who do such work? all i can find are companies who do varnishing but i do not wish to varnish the parquet floor...

i wish to have your parquet floor~ can give to me? hahaha :P next time when i have more reno budget, would love to have parquet floor~ :)

hi

me too 5 room jurong east..b2xx collecting keys end july...most of u guess point block:) mine favourite but cnt afford. I noticed point block flats value is easily higher by 30k and more..i loved yr balcony especially those on 10x and 22x high floor ones..good view :D

*wave* hi another JE neighbour... :)

marshmellow

my place is not near JE mrt but nearer to chinese garden mrt...

from JE mrt to my in law's place = 10-15mins

from her place to my place = 10-15mins

so impossible to walk to my new place...unless i walk along the JE interchange along boon lay way??

we looked for 4rm and no luck too...suddenly 1 agent called and say got a 5rm listed for 11x and we flipped! 11x's 4 or 5rm very fast snapped up...we viewed another one at 200+ (near the mosque or SPC), cov too high...

so we settled for this, cov 26k. we think its a steal for the amount of cov we are paying - considering high property prices

why ah? JE no one selling their place. too much demand, too little supply.

whereas JW has lots of supply but matching demand

puiz

Welcome to JE, the land with hardly any new HDB developement. Ya we have a hard time too looking for flat in JE. My crazy neighbour also 5rm asking for 70k COV..isn't that madness for JE 5rm? In the end he mange to sell it for close to 60K.

Welcome to JE, the land with hardly any new HDB developement. Ya we have a hard time too looking for flat in JE. My crazy neighbour also 5rm asking for 70k COV..isn't that madness for JE 5rm? In the end he mange to sell it for close to 60K.

wah...so many JE neighbours...

yes i agree with you kenn, hardly any HDB developments. I had a hard time hunting for a 4room flat which is near my in-law's place...

I was very surprised that the COV is so high in Jurong too. Luckily we paid only 26k cov

wah...so many JE neighbours...

yes i agree with you kenn, hardly any HDB developments. I had a hard time hunting for a 4room flat which is near my in-law's place...

I was very surprised that the COV is so high in Jurong too. Luckily we paid only 26k cov

If u can see works are already ongoing for new jurong lake district (eg road widening, sale/tender of white land,jurong hospital,new shopping complex,mrt modifications. right now still cnt see major changes. but once closer to completion prices will double up jurong east.

...cont: the hunt for the ID#4

on wednesday, we went to meet out designer who designed our existing place

the director designed the place because we went directly to him (he and another sales designer took our project 5 yrs back), and he obliged, although he is not taking up any design jobs. only for referrals, old timers, friends etc

i expected something good. because everytime we throw him questions, he had the solution to our problems.

he always give us design solutions that serves a function, is liveable, blah blah

he came up with 2 proposed design, and even gave me 2 3d visualization of the kitchen. i like the kitchen!!

but.....they also came up with 2 quotation, 1 was 20K more than our budget, while the other was 10k more than our budget...

we were told that we can mix and match items, do away with stuff with what we want, or do not want....

with the promise of "price can be negotiate further one lah...", we went off after a 2hr discussion

on thursday, a designer (whom we had to give them a 1k "design fee" as deposit) met us

1. she was 1 hr late

2. she (or the company) banked in our cheque. horror of horror as this was a cashline account and i did not expect them to bank in as per their promise...so right now i have to pay interest for the 1k.....%^%ERGYUY%%$#$@#$!!!

we went onto the design after much scolding...

the design was a lot like the rest of the designers who came and went, but they forgot to include the concealed storage that we have requested for

so i told her to give me a solution on the spot. she came up with a very feeble solution....

after we finished the meeting in 1.5hrs time, my hb and i looked at each other and said out the same - we are definitely going back to the designer that we met on wednesday. which is the designer who designed our current place.

they have the foresight, they know what we want, they proposed living solutions, functionable spaces....bright, bold, a lil industrial & raw

just what we wanted

with that in mind, we went to zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...so tired after all the meeting

...cont: the hunt for the ID#4

on wednesday, we went to meet out designer who designed our existing place

the director designed the place because we went directly to him (he and another sales designer took our project 5 yrs back), and he obliged, although he is not taking up any design jobs. only for referrals, old timers, friends etc

i expected something good. because everytime we throw him questions, he had the solution to our problems.

he always give us design solutions that serves a function, is liveable, blah blah

he came up with 2 proposed design, and even gave me 2 3d visualization of the kitchen. i like the kitchen!!

but.....they also came up with 2 quotation, 1 was 20K more than our budget, while the other was 10k more than our budget...

we were told that we can mix and match items, do away with stuff with what we want, or do not want....

with the promise of "price can be negotiate further one lah...", we went off after a 2hr discussion

on thursday, a designer (whom we had to give them a 1k "design fee" as deposit) met us

1. she was 1 hr late

2. she (or the company) banked in our cheque. horror of horror as this was a cashline account and i did not expect them to bank in as per their promise...so right now i have to pay interest for the 1k.....%^%ERGYUY%%$#$@#$!!!

we went onto the design after much scolding...

the design was a lot like the rest of the designers who came and went, but they forgot to include the concealed storage that we have requested for

so i told her to give me a solution on the spot. she came up with a very feeble solution....

after we finished the meeting in 1.5hrs time, my hb and i looked at each other and said out the same - we are definitely going back to the designer that we met on wednesday. which is the designer who designed our current place.

they have the foresight, they know what we want, they proposed living solutions, functionable spaces....bright, bold, a lil industrial & raw

just what we wanted

with that in mind, we went to zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...so tired after all the meeting

you gave a cheque before even getting a quotation?

Carrots%20chopped.jpg

oh no..that sounds bad...better haunt them for the refund of $1k....

how come need to pay for design fee? not standard market practice leh...

are they some super famous designers?

Oh dear... that's bad... can manage to get refund? i remember reading similar stories in renotalk too! promise not to bank in the deposit cheque but go back on their words! :angry:

oh no..that sounds bad...better haunt them for the refund of $1k....

how come need to pay for design fee? not standard market practice leh...

are they some super famous designers?

there are some firms that require pple to put in deposit or design fee upfront... as what i understand from this forum... but of course not everyone is comfortable with this arrangement :(

samgalz

well i've checked with the designer last time and they are very OK with this leh. it all depends in how "involved" i want the designer to be. they can be totally not involved (sell design and byebye), to partially (eg working with edmund and project manage it), to fully (all reno works done by them). I could even source for my own materials instead of them quoting me because i can avoid their markups....

hmmm....sounds attractive....

true, but like that alot of headache for you to coordinate, and believe me, it's not really fun having to do that if it involves too many parties. For me, i prefer to let one person handle. Another plus point is - touch woor, but if anything happens, no one can point finger at another. But of course, it's yr house and yr show la