Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
buttwiser

Comments On Leather Sofa From Casa Italy

Casa Italy agree to reupholstery full set of sofa with thicker leather for $200.

Will collect sofa to send to malaysia when Custom papers are in order.

Yes that's what they told me as well. However when they came and collect the sofa I see the samples are no better than what you see in their show room. It is just a normal leather and I just expect they do not peer off so quickly as the one I had.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes that's what they told me as well. However when they came and collect the sofa I see the samples are no better than what you see in their show room. It is just a normal leather and I just expect they do not peer off so quickly as the one I had.

Thicker leather for $200? I doubt you will get real leather for that price unless it is split leather. Anyway, split leather is better than PU Leather (Bi-cast).

Thicker leather for $200? I doubt you will get real leather for that price unless it is split leather. Anyway, split leather is better than PU Leather (Bi-cast).

$200 can not even get the PU leather. it is used to cover the shipping cost so to be said.

$200 can not even get the PU leather. it is used to cover the shipping cost so to be said.

I mentioned earlier in one of my postings that I actually contacted the factory representatives or authorized distributors in Alibaba who were representing several furniture manufacturers based in China and Malaysia. I was given a formal quotation of USD 650 for just a single piece of Full leather Club Chair. It was on FOB Terms so that means I still have to arrange for the shipping. I decided not to take the risk as I cannot physically inspect the actual piece prior to parting with my money. I think it is just not worth it to import in your own furniture as there is no real cost savings due to lack of economies of scale. $200 can definitely get you PU Leather because it is dirt cheap as it is sold per meter roll with a usual minimum order quantity of 500-1000 meters. It is really not easy to distinguish PU Leather from real leather just on sight alone as the technology has really improved tremendously over the years.

Casa Italy collected Sofa set for upholstery.

Selected a different leather color.

Hope they will do a better job this time round.

Good luck with your re-upholstery and hopefully you get a decent quality leather this time round. :yamseng:

Just to close off the chapter on my sofa.

Casa came to collect back mine L-shape sofa on Oct 25th and i will be paying $250 custom fee.

Casa has recognised that there is a quality issue for the batch of dark brown colored leather sofa produced in late 2009.

The fact that it has step forward to take up responsibility to make good despite them being more than a years old should deserve some compliment.

cheers,

Just to close off the chapter on my sofa.

Casa came to collect back mine L-shape sofa on Oct 25th and i will be paying $250 custom fee.

Casa has recognised that there is a quality issue for the batch of dark brown colored leather sofa produced in late 2009.

The fact that it has step forward to take up responsibility to make good despite them being more than a years old should deserve some compliment.

cheers,

It's great to know that such an established company is willing to take responsibility and rectify your problem. More power to Casa Italy.

It's great to know that such an established company is willing to take responsibility and rectify your problem. More power to Casa Italy.

Yup, more power to them and they are indeed a more established company than Executive Living, opps...hehehe...cheap shot from me. :P

I would like to update with the follow up. The sofa came back this friday with new leather changed. The leather feels thicker than the old one but does not really feel like real leather. Called Casa Italy service centre and they confirmed it is leather and also told me to come with at least one year warranty. So far so good.

I would like to update with the follow up. The sofa came back this friday with new leather changed. The leather feels thicker than the old one but does not really feel like real leather. Called Casa Italy service centre and they confirmed it is leather and also told me to come with at least one year warranty. So far so good.

Did you try using the finger nail test? Use your finger nail and press down on the leather, if the mark remains for several seconds or more until you rubbed it out, it is real leather.

Did you try using the finger nail test? Use your finger nail and press down on the leather, if the mark remains for several seconds or more until you rubbed it out, it is real leather.

I tried the finger but it is quite firm and does not leave marks there. I checked the underside of the leather and could not find the fiber part or sort of thing. Someone suggested to drop a water on top of the leader and it does absorb it somehow. I would say it is probably real leather as Casa Italy re-confirmed it and warranted it with the standard one year after all these troubles. However it is definitely not the top grain leather. I would say it could be coated leather. Anyway my feeling is that this new one feels tougher and the breathability is better than the old one. Will be watching this as the time goes alone.

Edited by Ted_Muffy

I tried the finger but it is quite firm and does not leave marks there. I checked the underside of the leather and could not find the fiber part or sort of thing. Someone suggested to drop a water on top of the leader and it does absorb it somehow. I would say it is probably real leather as Casa Italy re-confirmed it and warranted it with the standard one year after all these troubles. However it is definitely not the top grain leather. I would say it could be coated leather. Anyway my feeling is that this new one feels tougher and the breathability is better than the old one. Will be watching this as the time goes alone.

Hopefully, it is split leather but heavily coated with a thick layer of pigments and dyes. But based on your description, it could also be bonded leather. I used bonded leather in my office lounge and they can last up to 5 years depending on usage.

The sample that Casa gave certainly feels alot thicker that the previous one we had.

But I believe it is still Full Leather Bond i.e. Bonded leather.

The trouble with the previous one is it has used poor quality bonding glue.

The sample that Casa gave certainly feels alot thicker that the previous one we had.

But I believe it is still Full Leather Bond i.e. Bonded leather.

The trouble with the previous one is it has used poor quality bonding glue.

I can accept Bonded leather for my office furniture but never for my own home furniture. In countries like New Zealand, it is against the law for any furniture retailer to market Bonded Leather as Genuine Leather.