Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sefoo

Standard Chartered Manhattan Card

Hello forummers,

just wanted to share this with all forummers - apply for Manhattan card and get 5% cash back.

http://www.wowmanhattan.com.sg/

I personally find this wonderful especially for all those big ticket items that we buy with credit cards. For a couple if you each apply the card separately, thats double the amount of savings!

Note though, monthly spending must be >3k to qualify for 5% cash back ( its tiered % cash back tied to how much is spent monthly. For lower amounts spent, you get less % back) AND there is a quarterly cap of 300$ per quarter -

This means $6k spending in any quarter, but you must spend 3k at least in each month.

So time your purchasing properly to maximise the savings!

:D

Note, i dont work for SC bank, just found that this is the best deal so far, and since i am getting so much from knoweldge from this forum, its my way of contributing!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello forummers,

just wanted to share this with all forummers - apply for Manhattan card and get 5% cash back.

http://www.wowmanhattan.com.sg/

I personally find this wonderful especially for all those big ticket items that we buy with credit cards. For a couple if you each apply the card separately, thats double the amount of savings!

Note though, monthly spending must be >3k to qualify for 5% cash back ( its tiered % cash back tied to how much is spent monthly. For lower amounts spent, you get less % back) AND there is a quarterly cap of 300$ per quarter -

This means $6k spending in any quarter, but you must spend 3k at least in each month.

So time your purchasing properly to maximise the savings!

:D

Note, i dont work for SC bank, just found that this is the best deal so far, and since i am getting so much from knoweldge from this forum, its my way of contributing!

hey there, tks for the info.

would be helpful for those who wanna earn cash back or rebates straight rather than points system which seemingly hard to chalk.

me too using SC manhattan card for big purchases

btw, jus to add. if i'm not wrong, the limit and the max you can get back is $300 cashback per quarter.

correct me if i'm wrong ya

assuming i spent 3k every mth, each quarter i spend 12k

cashback = $300 per quarter (capped)

rate = 300/12,000 = 2.5%

how did they get the 5% TIER?

however, depending on your spending, a 2.5% rebate is still not bad. But marketing it as a 5% rebate? tsk tsk...

assuming i spent 3k every mth, each quarter i spend 12k

cashback = $300 per quarter (capped)

rate = 300/12,000 = 2.5%

how did they get the 5% TIER?

however, depending on your spending, a 2.5% rebate is still not bad. But marketing it as a 5% rebate? tsk tsk...

if you spend 6k in a month, and stop spending for the next 2 months in the quarter, you get rebates of $300 --> 5%, so you can't say that they are wrong :P

it's great for big purchases, but of course still need proper planning to maximize the cash rebates ;)

if you spend 6k in a month, and stop spending for the next 2 months in the quarter, you get rebates of $300 --> 5%, so you can't say that they are wrong :P

it's great for big purchases, but of course still need proper planning to maximize the cash rebates ;)

my bad, had read the website...

yes, 5% is achieveable. but due to the cap, 5% per mth is not achievable.

:) thanks for highlighting!

my bad, had read the website...

yes, 5% is achieveable. but due to the cap, 5% per mth is not achievable.

:) thanks for highlighting!

yup, 5% per month by yourself is not achievable due to the cap, but if you can ask your spouse, bro, sis, parents... etc all get the card and help you, then it's possible :lol: