Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Location Of Divider

if door is mouth, throat is the passage way, then dining is the stomach, and hall the the.... bottom? hehehe.... ok, now i got it, i know what is throat liao.

actually foyer no natural light, cos the kitchen window is actually facing the lift side... err.. how to say ah? it's a wall la. so there's not much light from there. the whole dining/living, foyer, part kitchen (cos of half glass wall) light all come from the hall full height window.. keke.

my dining is also a swing door leh... cos entrance left and right too small for sliding.

the plan left side is east.

Thanks for the reply. 家和万事欣

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya..not only it's big, it's in such a weird position leh... got problem putting your sofa/dining?

I agree it's kinda weird but luckily I bring in the balcony as part of the living room. Hence, still no issues to put my sofa.

You can see the pics in my t-blog :D

master chang ask me to make my foyer bright.

Apart from bright, I think it's common consensus to always keep your foyer clean and tidy. If it's messy maybe it affects the chi flow?

Let me share my floorplan as well..

Can see that Master Chang also asked me to build 2 dividers of opaque, all the way to the ceiling type.. 1 separating the foyer and the living room, and the other in my girl's room (nearer to the living room).. He has instructed that the bed (or rather, the pillows) should be placed in the respective positions shown in the floor plan.. as such.. makes sense to have a divider "blocking" the bed's view from the bedroom door..

eh.. Ignore the 2 blocks (with dots within) that is situated next to the sofa, supposed to be ottomans.. but have vetoed this idea

any comments?

homelayout.jpg

I can't imagine the 2nd partition that near to your daughter's room.

For the 1st partition, is the width of the partition align to the door?

So the partition makes sure that when someone open the door, the can't see the windo at all?

if door is mouth, throat is the passage way, then dining is the stomach, and hall the the.... bottom? hehehe.... ok, now i got it, i know what is throat liao.

actually foyer no natural light, cos the kitchen window is actually facing the lift side... err.. how to say ah? it's a wall la. so there's not much light from there. the whole dining/living, foyer, part kitchen (cos of half glass wall) light all come from the hall full height window.. keke.

my dining is also a swing door leh... cos entrance left and right too small for sliding.

the plan left side is east.

You are a quick leaner indeed ! FS theories signify a home as a human body, need yin-yang & 5 elements, to be balanced...., now i know why yr unit is "windy" -28th floor! no blockage. Just for info, "too windy in stomach"- also no good, no appetite to eat. Translate to fs: "chi" cannot stay/hold/retain, very deep hor!

Edited by bepgof

Apart from bright, I think it's common consensus to always keep your foyer clean and tidy. If it's messy maybe it affects the chi flow?

Precisely, otherwise get "choked" easily.

Edited by bepgof

Let me share my floorplan as well..

Can see that Master Chang also asked me to build 2 dividers of opaque, all the way to the ceiling type.. 1 separating the foyer and the living room, and the other in my girl's room (nearer to the living room).. He has instructed that the bed (or rather, the pillows) should be placed in the respective positions shown in the floor plan.. as such.. makes sense to have a divider "blocking" the bed's view from the bedroom door..

eh.. Ignore the 2 blocks (with dots within) that is situated next to the sofa, supposed to be ottomans.. but have vetoed this idea

any comments?

Just KP.

- OK, swee swee for the 2 dividers.

- Kitchen door?, sliding door opposite yr daughter's door?2 tiolets' doors, all 3 doors straight? sliding?

- Seem got half ht glass between dinning table & kitchen

- Got 1 planter & 2 balcony(door?)

Edited by bepgof

OMG..... this FS thingy is deep in one sense, and common sense in another sense.

I have never Feng Shui'ed any of my houses in KL or now in SG before..... hmmmm

ngunadi

Yah, the width of the living room partition is in proportion to the door. As we only open the "big" door and not the "small" door.. therefore only align to the "big" door's size... So in that sense, means open door cannot see window lor? right?

bepgof

No KP la.. it's interesting to read the posts. :)

anyway, to answer your questions:

- Kitchen: no door. just entryway. Coz' don't want to obstruct my dog's access to their pee and poo area

- Half-ht glass between dining table and kitchen: YAH you are right!! How are you able to tell? We wanted this to create a somewhat brighter feel as kitchen not much light also..

- Balcony going to become part of living room (where the piano is). going to have a water feature at right side of the "balcony". No planters.

i was told to place my partition so near my balcony that it couldn't afford the space for my sofa! so i asked him to get me another position and he did. though i really don't like the idea of putting up a partition but hubby believes... so... no choice la. spend money on fs already so got to listen right? but i try my best to do what i can. if i can't then too bad. hahaha minor changes are fine. that's what he said.

i was told to place my partition so near my balcony that it couldn't afford the space for my sofa! so i asked him to get me another position and he did. though i really don't like the idea of putting up a partition but hubby believes... so... no choice la. spend money on fs already so got to listen right? but i try my best to do what i can. if i can't then too bad. hahaha minor changes are fine. that's what he said.

my hubby now a believer, after his throat recovered, some issues he will ask me to ask master chang. reading these few post i wondering if my aircon went off by 10cm and tv not exactly on the spot his instructed got any issue? cos when he was here, he quite particular about exact position. my partition was ok, the contractor did up a cabinet linking to my tv console. had the side facing the main door all wrapped up with leather. contractor said from malaysia aniline quality used 3 cowhide.

minor changes to wat?

To know all these, which book is a good start? An english book would be better. A chinese book would be just put in my shelf until my chinese is good enough to start reading it (still learning :) )

Difficult to answer yr question: Allow me to out of you question first. Abt reading, I adopted the Greek Philosopher, Plato's 20%:80%, only 20% worth reading, 80% are "rubbish", in an organisation, 20% are contributing, 80% are "decorative".....so, must develope the identification skill to tell quickly which is 20%, and 80% such that you could concentrate more on the 20%....I've vast interests in many areas, many hobbies, very 'seow" and go into details of an area, after knowing then quit. Have been member of hydroponic dept of ngeeann poly, grew different plants with pipes & pumps at homechai...grew cactus hydroponic way, N,P,K solutions ph & conductivity meters, ordered book from UK, wife made noise....everything threw away.

Fishing, onshore/offshore, baits type for what fish, tides, weather, different node tying, been to all round singapore's beaches, jetties, islands. Kits in storeroom. RC planes, spent much time outdoor flying and indoor repairing, bought many "ting ting" and "tong tong", subscribe to magazine...now on & off still flying.

Due to work, have travelled to Maly, phillip, Vn, Thail, China, HK, Taiw,Korea, Japan, NewZ, Aust, KSA, Dubai, Barian, Eqt, Braz, Germ, Fran....now very scare to planes, always check in early ask for back row, aisle seat. Some records worth mention here:

- 26hr never lay on bed

- Stuck 26 days at KSA, almost need to renew visa

- Interrogated by airport staff inside room twice - thailand & korea

- Showering using rainwater in Phillip

- 3 days never bath in korea, cold to death

- Admitted to hospital in korea, accident, loss conscience

- Climb up bilding, tainan, TSMC, equi to HDB 50 storey, with toolpack

- mised flight(from eqy to KSA), big jam by donkeys on road..

OK back: instead breakdown by books, I breakdown by "areas" so you have an general idea, cos fs covers very wide areas...I dare to say, everything:

1. YinYang concept

2. Wu Xing or 5-element (generating & overcoming interacting)concept, learn to classify those "non-living" into which element

3. Geomancy, or book related to house/building structures (for northern hemisphere), forget about bks by NZ & Aust.

4. Sun/Earth/Moon/stars movement, chinese calendar...northern hemisphere star constalletion..

5. Chinese history, brief one, BC to AC, emperors, the beliefs, legancies, rituals.....

6. TCM theory, might take you quite a while, anyway- main ideas to understand the how 5-element apply to body and relationship.

7. "Chi"- definitions, areas applied, taoism's "chi". Found angmor's translation of chi as "flow of energy" not good enough...

8. Allow yourself to observe & apply rules/principle learnt on & off to stay these skills in brain.

Edited by bepgof

4. Sun/Earth/Moon/stars movement, chinese calendar...northern hemisphere star constalletion..

Bro,

This great topic actually affects our daily life. The Chinese calendar is actually not a "lunar calender", but a combination of "solar " & "lunar" and the correct term should be "lunisolar calender". There has been some errors in the past chinese calendar calculation and gone through a few "reforms". The latest reform was in 1645 by a German Jesuit (All chinese should feel "paisay"), however, he was thrown to jail and later be executed, due to political reason (another shamful chapter in chinese history!)Anyway, the present chinese calender is the most "accurate" calendar in sun/earth/moon positioning, seasons, and many others, among other calendars.

A "leap" month is inserted every 2 to 3 year into the calendar for "compensations"- the calculation & insertion into which month is complex. I attached a NUS web link, on this. This is a very informative web on this, somemore in Singapore. So far I could not find a book on star constalletion (observation, etc) location based in Singapore (cos different lat & longt of location will "affect" the way the stars in the sky display! This "angmor"'s wife is a chinese, and he has many chinese students, some of the writeup contain chinese characters, very meaningful, hope this is the "gateway" for you to understand the "stars' world". Be patient, some text need to read a few round before one could really comprehen. That is project by his student on why/how leap month inserted, very useful, especially to understand the 10 stems & 12 branches, the "60" cycles concept .

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calend...inese.shtml#Why

Edited by bepgof