Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

Location Of Divider

Bro, thanks alot.

I have been reading chinese history from young (of course with local translation). San guo is my favourite so far. Shui hu chuan doesn't interest me. The rest of the history, I only read in general. Not easy to find english books about this.

The calendar link is very good, it can be a stepping stone for me to read more about all these.

So, the german jesuit is actually the Galileo equivalent in Chinese history ... lol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
The rest of the history, I only read in general. Not easy to find english books about this.

Blah, I am just plain lazy or never notice the abundance of all these books in amazon.

Time to hunt those book in the NLB.

I'm not sure what method master chang use but just as a common saying, " Food cannot anyhow eat, things cannot anyhow place".

According to feng shui principles, everything has its place. Why don't you ask him instead and share here. :P Thank you in advance hor!!

Hi

Can help me to see if mine got a throat and need to put a divider too? Cos My is corridor and can see directly from main door all the way to balcony.

floorplan1.jpg

Hi

Can help me to see if mine got a throat and need to put a divider too? Cos My is corridor and can see directly from main door all the way to balcony.

Hi Juspink, today is friday, got lighter mood & just to keep this topic lively, hope you do not mind I put some comments:

- A friend of mind in bedok reservoir rd, has the similar layout except the staircase & kitchen swopped position. Have been to his unit quite many times.

- The entrance is perfectly alright, i don't think need any divider, cos the dinning area is rather dim all time(common corride window shut), need some improvement on natural light.

- Upper fl's common area also rather dim, cannot do anything.

- Try make use of the space below staircase.

Edited by bepgof

Hi Juspink, today is friday, got lighter mood & just to keep this topic lively, hope you do not mind I put some comments:

- A friend of mind in bedok reservoir rd, has the similar layout except the staircase & kitchen swopped position. Have been to his unit quite many times.

- The entrance is perfectly alright, i don't think need any divider, cos the dinning area is rather dim all time(common corride window shut), need some improvement on natural light.

- Upper fl's common area also rather dim, cannot do anything.

- Try make use of the space below staircase.

Common sayings say that "when open door shouldn't see the window, else all your wealth go to the window"

So, is that based on FS or just common saying?

Cuz this is the case of Juspink layout.

ps: i have been reading the math for chinese calendar. So cheem, need to get just the gist.

Common sayings say that "when open door shouldn't see the window, else all your wealth go to the window"

So, is that based on FS or just common saying?

Cuz this is the case of Juspink layout.

ps: i have been reading the math for chinese calendar. So cheem, need to get just the gist.

Personally, I do not quite believe in this "door vs window" issue. This concept holds that "chi/qi" cannot be retained within confined space, like home, or like someone standing in the open field with all wind "crossing".

TCM & Taoism theory holds that only living things generate "chi", not non-living thing. No "chi" = no life. However, in term of fs, it seems all, whether living, non-living( 5 element, color, shape of objects, etc)or even spiritual stuff produce some kind of "chi". Very cheem indeed, till now, I'm quite confused as well, can only try to sense the "chi" by our human physical 5 senses & feeling. Anyway feeling is fundamentally influenced by our value system.

Layman defines wealth as $$$, this is a "narrow" definition, wealth in wider term can mean many things, like health, peaceful state of mind (happy, calm, contented...), good relationship with different circles of ppl, etc ...... If one is really to go after $$, I would suggest him to study & master the 16 principles of 陶朱公(tao zhu gong), all the 12 "DOs", classes are being conducted at NUS on his priciples as well, & produced another 12 "Don'ts".

Also good for one (esp businessman, millitary ppl)to study the 13-chapter of Sun Sze's art of wall. SAF's staff of college does conduct course on this.

Edited by bepgof

in living room sofa, tv console can any how put? is it alright to put tv console next to main door?

in living room sofa, tv console can any how put? is it alright to put tv console next to main door?

To stress, just my opinion, welcome any "arrows".

1. Living hall is meant to be active, lively, members get-together, communication.....

2. Sofa/seater is always best to be placed against wall, give ppl a "secured" sense. Reasons: no sudden hand tapping on shoulder, no "eyes" spying behind you....This "backing" concept applies to all sort of "seats", whether dining, study...

3. TV console best placed in such a place where, no frequent human traffic- flow causes disruption to viewers. Avoid background bright, avoid direct lights(from windows, sun, other lighting etc) onto screen.

4. So long as your place of stay, does not have frequent people in/out through main door, putting tv console there is not a problem.

Another concept: "General sits behind" - place yr sofa in such a way that viewer can always "oversee" the main door, not the other way round. Same concept for office arrangement. 2 things: "Backing" & "Oversee".

Worth mentioning here, I'm still finding evidence as to directional(N,E,S,W) effects vs the 10 heavenly stem & 12 earthly branch and the sexagenary cycle (60 =one cycle)when the heaven & earth meets together = 1 cycle = 60 years = 一甲子

Edited by bepgof

1. Living hall is meant to be active, lively, members get-together, communication.....

2. Sofa/seater is always best to be placed against wall, give ppl a "secured" sense. Reasons: no sudden hand tapping on shoulder, no "eyes" spying behind you....This "backing" concept applies to all sort of "seats", whether dining, study...

3. TV console best placed in such a place where, no frequent human traffic- flow causes disruption to viewers. Avoid background bright, avoid direct lights(from windows, sun, other lighting etc) onto screen.

4. So long as your place of stay, does not have frequent people in/out through main door, putting tv console there is not a problem.

Another concept: "General sits behind" - place yr sofa in such a way that viewer can always "oversee" the main door, not the other way round. Same concept for office arrangement. 2 things: "Backing" & "Oversee".

Worth mentioning here, I'm still finding evidence as to directional(N,E,S,W) effects vs the 10 heavenly stem & 12 earthly branch and the sexagenary cycle (60 =one cycle)when the heaven & earth meets together = 1 cycle = 60 years = 一甲子

is it placing the sofa next to main door just like davidbslee t-blog? 3rm flat got no alternative to put sofa and tv console.

what is "General sits behind"?

Edited by dean

is it placing the sofa next to main door just like davidbslee t-blog? 3rm flat got no alternative to put sofa and tv console.

what is "General sits behind"?

I don't understand the general thing either. In e past, general is on high ground or hidden behind trees and stones etc but it is still both can see each other. Just because of the terrain, the general is very tactical.

At home, I don't know how it can be apply because end of the day, to be able to see outside, u can see inside. Haha!

Since you like arrows, I shoot some.

2. many people place sofas without wall behind already.

Some "General " fights and leads in front. Also sometimes depends on the moral of the troops.

1)

I don't understand the general thing either. In e past, general is on high ground or hidden behind trees and stones etc but it is still both can see each other. Just because of the terrain, the general is very tactical.

At home, I don't know how it can be apply because end of the day, to be able to see outside, u can see inside. Haha!

It's a "conceptual" thing - as what Sun Sze puts it, it is "superior" natural of human being, or more layman it is some sort related to "face". The main idea is to tell outside world: " I'm in charge". A sucessful boss cannot "hide" here, "hide" there, operations sure fail.

Of course, a General must do the P.O.L.C. (Planning, Organising, Leading & Controlling). Sometime a striker, sometime a goal keeper. HDB units are "compact", all in one & one in all.

This concept is particulary true & important for big cooperations, just observe the office layout..

Edited by bepgof

Hdb flat compact no alterate way to put tv console n sofa. If put tv next to distance away from main door can't hide cable whereas put tv console distance away from window can hide socket n cable.

I am confusing where to put sofa n tv console as tv point at near window

If I put pool tAble in living room will I kena complaint.

Why must a house need sofa, tv?

Why must a house need sofa, tv?

I've so far in my life come across ONLY 2 church friends whose houses have no TVs. One of them with all nyatoh wood benches, flooring, no chairs! Singtel's then Chief Lee SY's house also no TV, but got big satellite disc.

Now HDB units are compact, with no so many ppl staying together, as compared to 20yr ago. So, human traffic is not an issue. I read pictures u sent, ok lah, no harm putting the sofa near main door, tv facing sofa. Yr one same as my FIL's, he is staying alone.

Edited by bepgof

Since you like arrows, I shoot some.

2. many people place sofas without wall behind already.

Some "General " fights and leads in front. Also sometimes depends on the moral of the troops.

1)

Thank you for the arrow, just to share some knowledge here:

FS is fundamentally a 形而上學(metaphysic, also called 1st Philosophy). The scope of study for metaphysic is most of the time 超形態的(can't sense, no definte answers). The term (形而上學) came from I-ching which means(形而上者谓之,形而下者谓之). 道=Something exits in formless. 器= object.

Could be due to such, some ppls taught fs is "complex", while some coined it "superstitious".

"Chair/sofa/bench lean against wall" is conceptual which believe such layout give ppl sense of security. Due to practical reason, not all chairs can be leaned against wall, ie dinning chair, chair in study room...so bopiah.

"General"- striker as well as goal keeper, "bad life". To win, need to pay. To pay, need to earn.Earn what? $, respect, reputation,...is a cycle, never end, sigh. Tire.

Edited by bepgof