Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wd88

Water Seepage On The Vertical Wall? What Can I Do?

I notice that one of my wall (vertical) is suffering from water seepage? any recommendation to rectify this problem?

SH

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I notice that one of my wall (vertical) is suffering from water seepage? any recommendation to rectify this problem?

SH

You may want to get the contractor who built the wall to help you check out on the water seepage. The seepage might not be through the wall. If it is through the wall, I think you may either need to rebuild the wall or water proof the wall. If you are using solid brick wall, I doubt that there will be seepage through the wall.

You may want to get the contractor who built the wall to help you check out on the water seepage. The seepage might not be through the wall. If it is through the wall, I think you may either need to rebuild the wall or water proof the wall. If you are using solid brick wall, I doubt that there will be seepage through the wall.

This is a 20 yo house so I think I can only check with the previous owner. I understand that the leakage started when the contractor changed the water tank which is next to my unit some time last year or this year. The funny thing is that the water tank is located at a higher level than the seepage area which I noticed. Just had a chat with the seller's agent and was informed that the seepage issue was remedied but I am not so sure as I still smell dampness and paint peeling off in the storeroom where that particular wall is next to the water tank.

Anyway, I am getting the previous owner to assist on this matter to talk to the MC to get the contractor to remedy before I take over officially in a month time.

But being an engineer myself, I am quite keen to learn how to repair water seepage. I always see repairer using PU grouting approach which I think is a lousy method as it only solves the problem temporarily by pushing the water to another area of least resistance path via capilliary actions (I used this method to chassis stiffening for my car as well :P ).

I had also done some google search on this topic and to understand what I can do to stop this problem permanently. Therefore, any constructive comments are welcome.

cheers

WD

This is a 20 yo house so I think I can only check with the previous owner. I understand that the leakage started when the contractor changed the water tank which is next to my unit some time last year or this year. The funny thing is that the water tank is located at a higher level than the seepage area which I noticed. Just had a chat with the seller's agent and was informed that the seepage issue was remedied but I am not so sure as I still smell dampness and paint peeling off in the storeroom where that particular wall is next to the water tank.

Anyway, I am getting the previous owner to assist on this matter to talk to the MC to get the contractor to remedy before I take over officially in a month time.

But being an engineer myself, I am quite keen to learn how to repair water seepage. I always see repairer using PU grouting approach which I think is a lousy method as it only solves the problem temporarily by pushing the water to another area of least resistance path via capilliary actions (I used this method to chassis stiffening for my car as well :P ).

I had also done some google search on this topic and to understand what I can do to stop this problem permanently. Therefore, any constructive comments are welcome.

cheers

WD

I applied xypex to my master bathroom ceiling. Might want to google that.