Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fish_

Lousy Gate And Lousy Services

uh no leh...mine is $250.

30885_406741988878_520963878_425733.jpg

looks identical to the $188, diff is this is more solid. Coating should be the same.

hmm...no problems for me leh...only complaint is installer did not protect my floor when spraying touch up paint!

my wife's dad also installed from CNS and is ok, so we went ahead.

ok but anyway, better take down your door frame and salvage it! remove the rust and spray black paint on it... :)

hope urs can be saved....

But the manager really attitude leh...who uh...? We liaised with Simon...

Do u still have the code-no for your gate's design?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmm my gate is also from them...no such problems...

from wat i know, the $188 is hollow adding $50 gets the full wrought iron gate...anyw the mgr in charge for me was ok...even help me fix my lock onto the gate, telling me what bracket to buy etc..

So any suggestion, what should I do next?

Buy WD40, do hand on.

Singapore's full of this sort of manager & company, with one MORE, or one LESS, will not change the business operating atmosphere. Take it as a lesson, bite the bullet & fasten the belt.

I've bite too many bullets & the belt already used till torn!

Recognite one fact: Pay peanuts, get moneys only. Tazen wouldn't take your peanuts unless in economic recession.

Edited by bepgof

Buy WD40, do hand on.

Singapore's full of this sort of manager & company, with one MORE, or one LESS, will not change the business operating atmosphere. Take it as a lesson, bite the bullet & fasten the belt.

I've bite too many bullets & the belt already used till torn!

Recognite one fact: Pay peanuts, get moneys only. Tazen wouldn't take your peanuts unless in economic recession.

No choice. I understand your frustration but seriously, pay peanuts, get monkey. $180 seems real cheap!

That's the code for the $188 one!

So u top-up?

thats just the colour code...

was told its more solid, the $188 is hollow gate.

all i did was try hitting it using finger nails, din sound hollow to me...shall re-check my gate over the weekend. My gate will also get wet during heavy rain as mine is also corridor unit. :)

"pay peanuts get monkey"

"pay more peanuts you get a giant gorilla"

sometimes if you are unlucky, you "pay more peanuts but still end up with a monkey". Also commonly known as "kanna cut carrot head".

Things have to be measured in terms of value. Not absolute monetary terms.

My view is: since im moving into a new house, why not try something cheaper first? If it sucks, i just change it later. If its good, then great, i found a gem and can save some money.

In this world, not every thing need to buy the best and most expensive one. As long as it does its job. (btw, a rusted gate does not do the job!)

thats just the colour code...

was told its more solid, the $188 is hollow gate.

all i did was try hitting it using finger nails, din sound hollow to me...shall re-check my gate over the weekend. My gate will also get wet during heavy rain as mine is also corridor unit. :)

"pay peanuts get monkey"

"pay more peanuts you get a giant gorilla"

sometimes if you are unlucky, you "pay more peanuts but still end up with a monkey". Also commonly known as "kanna cut carrot head".

Things have to be measured in terms of value. Not absolute monetary terms.

My view is: since im moving into a new house, why not try something cheaper first? If it sucks, i just change it later. If its good, then great, i found a gem and can save some money.

In this world, not every thing need to buy the best and most expensive one. As long as it does its job. (btw, a rusted gate does not do the job!)

All wrought iron gates will rust rite?

I rem my previous one for 10 years rusted quite badly esp at the joints, plus it was in white, so largi more obvious.

But why 'a rusted gate does not do the job'?

Still can be closed/opened rite?

Someone recommended low carbon stainless steel gate - won't rust at all.

But not very presentable, dun u think?

Do u know where I can find S/S gate?

All wrought iron gates will rust rite?

I rem my previous one for 10 years rusted quite badly esp at the joints, plus it was in white, so largi more obvious.

But why 'a rusted gate does not do the job'?

Still can be closed/opened rite?

Someone recommended low carbon stainless steel gate - won't rust at all.

But not very presentable, dun u think?

Do u know where I can find S/S gate?

well, its still iron coated with paint. :) sure it will rust, but not after one rain. After some time, if gate rust, can DIY to repaint, u might have gotten tired of the colour also.

rusted gate does not do the job was with reference to threadstarter....being unacceptable to consumer.

there is actually solid aluminium gate, which i last saw selling around $900. confirm wouldnt rust, but to me its not value for money....and if you shift house, its not something u can take away. btw, the aluminum gate i saw was at IMM, a shop beside Besglas...cant remember the shop name le... :)

there a shop at IMM, shop name a white gate selling $950, my friend got $188 gate from CXX, so far no problem. I was quoted $250. I can only change it next yr.

Edited by dean

So one thing for sure is the standard varies. Some may be more lucky or the eariler batches quality is better. Beside the reality of the peanut vs cashrew nut and monkey, it is also the whole experience of dealing with unprofessional people. Some will say they do not have problems in their dealing that is because there is no hipcups.

But the true colour / personality of the person /company comes out when the situation get sticky.

Why do you need help if you do not have issue?

You only need customer service / advice when you are struck in a situation, that where valuable advice, professionalism is important. It is the experience which you want to enhance or share with / caution your friends.

Being a consumer, it is very clear that I would not buy any stuff from the company anymore nor would I have any good review of them. :bangwall:

So one thing for sure is the standard varies. Some may be more lucky or the eariler batches quality is better. Beside the reality of the peanut vs cashrew nut and monkey, it is also the whole experience of dealing with unprofessional people. Some will say they do not have problems in their dealing that is because there is no hipcups.

But the true colour / personality of the person /company comes out when the situation get sticky.

Why do you need help if you do not have issue?

You only need customer service / advice when you are struck in a situation, that where valuable advice, professionalism is important. It is the experience which you want to enhance or share with / caution your friends.

Being a consumer, it is very clear that I would not buy any stuff from the company anymore nor would I have any good review of them. :bangwall:

perhaps...mine wasnt bought very much earlier, just these two months ba...

anyway, better not let $188+$30 spoil your mood. :)

Have some fun DIY-ing? then can show us the before and after pictures... Singapore's DIY culture is very much lacking...

Hi gimz63251073, It's true. When you say have fun with DIY, my mind went blank for a long time..... Don't think I have that in me anymore or never ever.