Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fish_

Lousy Gate And Lousy Services

Something unbelievable happened!!!

We have purchased a wrought iron gate and installed on 9 July 2010. The gate was sold at a promotion price of $188 + $30 for an extended frame.

On 17 July 2010 Saturday, there was raining heavily and gate was partially wet. To our horror we noted rust starts surface in the afternoon.

The staff repeatedly making excuses and refuse to get the manager to the phone. So we went to the shop to seek for advice or recourse. The staff commented that “what can you expect for a cheap $218 gate and we have been in the business for 10 over years and can do without one less customer.” We seek to talk to the manager who unbelievably used vulgar language on us. The manger used vulgar language on us!! :curse:

We understand $218 gate likely to come with a low-grade material. However we do not expect the gate to turn rust after one wash (by the rain). This happened only 9 days after the installation. The lousy quality material is not worthy of the amount we have paid for.

Not only there are no after sales services; the staff attitude and behavior are despicable and disgraceful. I cannot believe or understand why a company with 10 years history wants to ruin its reputation and create such negative goodwill.

Please comment and advise me what would you do if this happened on you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh that's terrible service, or should we say no service to speak of!

Does the name of the company happens to start with Wxxxxxx? Do share with us so that we can all avoid this "over ten years company".

One company i called, and spent over an hour meeting them to explain our requirements, failed to give us a quotation despite two follow up calls made to them.

Yaloh. Still very upset about it. The company starts with Cxx. Never expect such thing to happen. My husband's face turn green when he was f* !

Edited by Fish_

can pm me the company name so next time i can avoid this company, u bought $188 black color horizontial one right

Hi, state the company here lah....then fellow forummers can make an informed decision.......

lol....i am also looking for metal gate now....:)

We have purchased a wrought iron gate and installed on 9 July 2010. The gate was sold at a promotion price of $188 + $30 for an extended frame.

On 17 July 2010 Saturday, there was raining heavily and gate was partially wet. To our horror we noted rust starts surface in the afternoon.

The staff repeatedly making excuses and refuse to get the manager to the phone. So we went to the shop to seek for advice or recourse. The staff commented that "what can you expect for a cheap $218 gate and we have been in the business for 10 over years and can do without one less customer." We seek to talk to the manager who unbelievably used vulgar language on us. The manger used vulgar language on us!! :curse:

We understand $218 gate likely to come with a low-grade material. However we do not expect the gate to turn rust after one wash (by the rain). This happened only 9 days after the installation. The lousy quality material is not worthy of the amount we have paid for.

Not only there are no after sales services; the staff attitude and behavior are despicable and disgraceful. I cannot believe or understand why a company with 10 years history wants to ruin its reputation and create such negative goodwill.

Buy a can of WD40, spray & clean with tiolet paper, quick! before the inner "iron" reacts further with H2O and Oxygen or otherwise you will see some "small little brown mushroom heads".

Edited by bepgof

The staff repeatedly making excuses and refuse to get the manager to the phone. So we went to the shop to seek for advice or recourse. The staff commented that “what can you expect for a cheap $218 gate and we have been in the business for 10 over years and can do without one less customer.” We seek to talk to the manager who unbelievably used vulgar language on us. The manger used vulgar language on us!! :curse:

We're eyeing the same wrought iron gate too.

Black horizontal one from C_S rite?

Have not called them yet.

Buy a can of WD40, spray & clean with tiolet paper, quick! before the inner "iron" reacts further with H2O and Oxygen or otherwise you will see some "small little brown mushroom heads".

Oh my god ""small little brown mushroom heads" - fainted fainted.

but is a brand new gate why am I going thru this......

8|

oh no, any pics? can salvage?

mine was done by Cxx also. no problems leh...

Pic - havent take yet.

yours also? then your must be the expensive one. Like the staff say $200 is like that one!

uh no leh...mine is $250.

30885_406741988878_520963878_425733.jpg

looks identical to the $188, diff is this is more solid. Coating should be the same.

hmm...no problems for me leh...only complaint is installer did not protect my floor when spraying touch up paint!

my wife's dad also installed from CNS and is ok, so we went ahead.

ok but anyway, better take down your door frame and salvage it! remove the rust and spray black paint on it... :)

hope urs can be saved....

But the manager really attitude leh...who uh...? We liaised with Simon...

Was yours the $188 black horizontal one??

YES!!

I tot the design is simple and reasonable too. but if you are paying for a "too soon to rust" gate, then i think is not reasonable at all. Come to think about it, at $188 there must be a high profit percentage too, the material of the rusty gate should be cheap and they can consistently call it forever promotion price.

I was too native to believe it.

The staff was full of bull **** - I ask to talk to the boss, so she say boss oversea, wouldnt be back soon and the worker at level one told us, boss is coming after 6pm. But judging from the attitude of the sales staff and the so called manager, somehow feel that is pointless to talk to the boss too. He should know the quality of the item he is selling and he is the one selling it. Of course he wont bother, just your luck then.

So any suggestion, what should I do next?

ok but anyway, better take down your door frame and salvage it! remove the rust and spray black paint on it... :)

But that beside the point, just felt that the company should do something abt it. At first we were just surprised. The anger shot up after talking to them. The attitude is beyond words can describe.

Which now we end up have to DIY or to replace the gate if the same problem keep surfacing. I have a small kid at home, dont want her to touch the rust unknowingly. :(

Didnt take down the names of the ladies - there are two. The one with vulgar language is a lady at 40 plus. The full of excuse one is the lady with colour hair.

im not sure if the matter is worth pursuing by insisting them to fix it. U tried

yes they did give u a lousy gate, but the delay in fixing the gate would cause the problem to worsen. U might just end up worst off than before. :(

at the end of the day, we are at a losing end. :(

how would we know how to check for quality of a gate??

i doubt u have anywhere else to go to except CASE, which u need to pay like $10 to get them to help?

a can of spray costs $3.50 to $4.

u can easily lift the gate up, the gate "sits" on the hinges.

some things in life are just not worth it....