Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

Lion Dance Impact.

ok i do engage lion dance every cny.

To me i use it to entertain guests, rather than everyone go to home, sit and eat, watch tv as usual.

I've known lots of lion dance trp friends as i am a payee :D

Most of them told me that lion dance bring good luck. Of course, from troups, they will say so.

Ok now the serious questions :

a) lion dance trp say it is good luck, what does the forum mebers think from the perception of Fengshui ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To me i use it to entertain guests, rather than everyone go to home, sit and eat, watch tv as usual.

Most of them told me that lion dance bring good luck. Of course, from troups, they will say so.

a) lion dance trp say it is good luck, what does the forum mebers think from the perception of Fengshui ?

Don't know how it affects FS but my personal encounter tells me otherwise.

Few years back, my mother invited a troupe [which happen to drive past]

to perform a lion dance in her house since she prays to 天公.

She accidentally caught the orange peels which the lion threw out of its mouth.

Since then, she was stressed for nothing, quarrelled with us [her children] &

drove me out of her house. There wasn't really any peace that year.

Prior to that, she used to win 4D every week or alternate weeks.

After that incident, her gambling luck [偏财] stopped. Health also took a beating.

But that is just one case only. I raised it up for reference.

After that incident, her gambling luck [偏财] stopped. Health also took a beating.

I feel it is superstitious. If you believe, then useful. If you don't, it is useless. Personally, there is no right or wrong as long as u feel good.

hi bk888, I agree with u! Because in the past I used to know of people who always engage the troupe for lion dances during CNY (for their flats) & all of them had somewhat similar outcomes...

One retail shop's lady boss agreed with our perception & shared with many of us that 1 lion troupe's member apparently found it strange that most of their clients' business went bust after the event. Not immediately but they could see their luck nose-diving gradually.

My family members refused to let the lion troupe enter their homes, especially my grandma. Both she & my hubby claimed that the dieties (gods) at home would be scared off because of the clanking & commotion.

1 old neighbour even claimed that she stop winning 4D after that & her grandchildren staying in the flats kept falling sick. Her son got retrenched also. She disagreed that it was the FS for her home because everything has been smoothgoing for the family during these 20 years of staying in the flat.

My chinese sinseh from Beijing told me that those stone lions guarding the home or placed on the "zai-yuan" (foyer or courtyard inside big houses) r meant for owners who r VERY wealthy, VERY affluent with power to influence political issues, influence stock market, etc. If an average working class (which most of us) or ordinary folks uses them, it is wrong FS & poor FS: the owners will get into big big trouble because it's counterproductive. Instead of guarding their owners, those lions would turn "wild" & go against them... Which is why you'll see stone lions outside temples because the gods there r supposedly powerful with potent abilities. And temples have lion dances every year & during special events too! But we don't see anything wrong with that because the dieties there r gods...

Do u think this theory about stone lions applies to lion dance too? Most of us r ordinary folks, not an influential magnate in the world of $$ & power...

Disclaimer: My remarks above is not targetted at criticising any lion troupes & their counterparts. It is meant only for sharing our experiences in this discussion thread. So I do apologise in advance to any readers for any discomfort when reading my remarks. thank you.

Edited by edenstrauss

Me again, kpo king. Wow lau, you love to ask question which originated thousand yrs back! LD is just a tradition, like fire crackers, aimed to "cast" always the old evil spirits, to bring hence the good xxx 头 for a year to come. Chinese proverb: "He who sells flowers praise his flowers". Whatever troup will sure say their is the best & the most good luck. Lion has black, green, yellow, white and...anyone knows what do the colors represent?

Edited by bepgof

I know LD is definitely chases ppl away. Was at sengkang last weekend and there's LD there. The noice from the cymbals is unbearable. Need to close ears most of the time and quickly run away from there.

One retail shop's lady boss agreed with our perception & shared with many of us that 1 lion troupe's member apparently found it strange that most of their clients' business went bust after the event. Not immediately but they could see their luck nose-diving gradually.

My sis company also business went down after chinese new year. Heard her boss also blamed the lion dance.

I've been a lion dance consumer for many years, but nothing of such happens according to members feedback.

Now lion dance trp comes in 3 forms - traditional, free-style or non-pro.

Colors to me means nothing. Maybe it means something to trp.

Did the members here get the right trp to perform, eg traditional trp ? There are only a handful of traditional trp, but there are hundreds of free-style or non-pro.

Probably the members here have got the wrong trp to perform the wrong steps :o

I've been a lion dance consumer for many years, but nothing of such happens according to members feedback.

Colors to me means nothing. Maybe it means something to trp.

:o

Choose a green color lion in coming cny and you'll know that "something". Or may be all green lions already "killed" by SPF.

Edited by bepgof

Choose a green color lion in coming cny and you'll know that "something". Or may be all green lions already "killed" by SPF.

I always thought the 5 colors represents the 5 Shu General: Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Huang Zhong and Ma Chao..haha!

I engage a FS master to see my house before. According to him, i cant have LD during CNY at my house cos' it will bring in the wrong kind of luck for the year. So i think need to check house FS before engaging.

I engage a FS master to see my house before. According to him, i cant have LD during CNY at my house cos' it will bring in the wrong kind of luck for the year. So i think need to check house FS before engaging.

Yes u r right. According to wayonnet (by FSM TKY), all premises have their luck cycle too & there will be things that they can & cannot do during those periods of the months.

- Green lion dance (2 lions fighting), one of the "methods" to settle disputes between 2 underground gangs or sects(modern term call "society").

- Got southern & northern lions. What most has been seen in Singapore are "southern lion". "Northern lions" are hairy, fierce, & "scary".

- Lion troups are under "societies" which link to religion group (Multiple-God belief). "Original" Taoism is rare in Singapore. "Multiple-God" belief is well spread to HK/TW/Singapore/Malaysia, not too sure other countries. I use the term "Multiple-God belief" cos till now there is no proper academic term being given to this category of religion belief. Most offen than not, the believers of this called their belief as "Taoism" - but actually is wrong, academically speaking.

- Since troups with such backgrounds, it is naturally to see/expect those "religeous rituals" during each lion dance assignment. So those "spirit", "luck" stories naturally come in. Other religion believers will stay one side.....

- My eldest brother's third son, is one of the lion dancers, now in SPF. LD is also one of the schools' CCAs nowadays.

- Green lion dance (2 lions fighting), one of the "methods" to settle disputes between 2 underground gangs or sects(modern term call "society").

- Got southern & northern lions. What most has been seen in Singapore are "southern lion". "Northern lions" are hairy, fierce, & "scary".

- Lion troups are under "societies" which link to religion group (Multiple-God belief). "Original" Taoism is rare in Singapore. "Multiple-God" belief is well spread to HK/TW/Singapore/Malaysia, not too sure other countries. I use the term "Multiple-God belief" cos till now there is no proper academic term being given to this category of religion belief. Most offen than not, the believers of this called their belief as "Taoism" - but actually is wrong, academically speaking.

- Since troups with such backgrounds, it is naturally to see/expect those "religeous rituals" during each lion dance assignment. So those "spirit", "luck" stories naturally come in. Other religion believers will stay one side.....

- My eldest brother's third son, is one of the lion dancers, now in SPF. LD is also one of the schools' CCAs nowadays.

respect your knowledge, interests in history brings great knowledge..

I only know the 5 color heavenly troops, heehee :horse: