Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kerio

K's Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Haha, the galant table is really complicated to purchase, especially when extensions are involved! When the ikea guy was explaining it to me, I just nodded and spaced out. Good thing there's an instruction manual:D

Is the T leg better? I was under the impression the A legs could hold more weight?

I had the same thinking as u, since the individual legs are mounted on the frame having a stronger and more stable table worktop rather than a T-framed legs. but once i fixed up the new legs, it's oso as sturdy with the advantage of doing height adjustment on 2 legs rather than 4 legs.

that time i confirmed and double confirm and triple confirmed with the guy what are the items needed (no more no less).....hahaha, then transported them and fixed them in an hour. dun be daunted by the numerous parts of when u open up the flat-pack. follow the instructions closely and u shd have no problems. :D

Congrats bro!! :D everything look swee swee wor!

Just curious will you be adding a glass backing for the kitchen below?

Thanks!:) yup, it's a White one; I was thinking of a stainless steel one initially, which, strangely enough, is cheaper.. And I think nicer, but wife liked the White one haha..

The glass guy came by only on the 10th to measure it, and he told me it'd take a week to fabricate it! :o have to get a aluminium one to stand by first.. Anyway, I forgot to make the second appointment for the gas amidst all the chaos, so Tuesday then it'll be up -..-

I had the same thinking as u, since the individual legs are mounted on the frame having a stronger and more stable table worktop rather than a T-framed legs. but once i fixed up the new legs, it's oso as sturdy with the advantage of doing height adjustment on 2 legs rather than 4 legs.

that time i confirmed and double confirm and triple confirmed with the guy what are the items needed (no more no less).....hahaha, then transported them and fixed them in an hour. dun be daunted by the numerous parts of when u open up the flat-pack. follow the instructions closely and u shd have no problems. :D

Haha, so maybe I should have gone for the T-leg! Some more 3 would do it for the table, as opposed to 6 for the A-leg -..-

The ikea guy at least packed all the parts to be assembled into very neat stacks so I'd know what to put where, though his was later messed up by the electrician when he was looking for wires to be boxed up, haiz. Going to get the A legs later!

Hi Kerio... your house is all nicely done up! :good:

Your feature wall looks nice :wub:

Finally you have move in already? :)

Hehe thanks porkypork!

Yeah, moved in le - a few things like glass backing for wall not up yet, and the stainless steel legs for the bar counter not up yet (up on Monday); but otherwise are some minor aesthetic and functional rectifications like some rust spots in the sink, some stains on living room feature wall and glass for feature wall not up etc; and of course some stains and smudging here and there we're getting the ID to fix, but otherwise ok le:)

K, you've moved in, congrats!

Thanks jan!! :) we just went for our very first grocery shopping trip to stock up, spent $500 and only purchased lots and lots of condiments, sauces and tinned goods but no perishables yet since hob may not be fully functional yet.. It's no joke lugging various bottles with oil and sauces and so on out of the taxi!

Thanks jan!! :) we just went for our very first grocery shopping trip to stock up, spent $500 and only purchased lots and lots of condiments, sauces and tinned goods but no perishables yet since hob may not be fully functional yet.. It's no joke lugging various bottles with oil and sauces and so on out of the taxi!

I'm hoping one or more bottles of wine is in that $500... it is your move in day after all :)

But seriously, $500?

The most I've spent in a supermarket in one go was $250 and I was cooking for 25 people... heh. Wine not included.

Hehe thanks porkypork!

Yeah, moved in le - a few things like glass backing for wall not up yet, and the stainless steel legs for the bar counter not up yet (up on Monday); but otherwise are some minor aesthetic and functional rectifications like some rust spots in the sink, some stains on living room feature wall and glass for feature wall not up etc; and of course some stains and smudging here and there we're getting the ID to fix, but otherwise ok le:)

hey kerio

congrats on moving in!

I think yr house is nicely done, despite the prob u had with yr ID earlier! and it's good that they did try to rectify and get things right!

Liked yr tv feature wall most - very unique - must be quite costly to do that design right?

and wow, $500 is alot to spend on a single marketing trip! Yr house must be all fully equipped to cook a big feast now!

congrats again!

I'm hoping one or more bottles of wine is in that $500... it is your move in day after all :)

But seriously, $500?

The most I've spent in a supermarket in one go was $250 and I was cooking for 25 people... heh. Wine not included.

Haha.. there wasn't any wine unless you include Shaoxing Wine for cooking :) I think the main culprits for the high prices are really some pillows we bought, the detergents (for washing plates, clothes), the shower items and the oils. Olive Oil and Sesame Oil - Very Expensive. Shaoxing wine also cost me a good $17.5 -.- The rest of the nitty gritties like butter, cheese, juices etc - all add up eventually.

All the items that need to be stocked up just to make a place liveable really cost a bomb the first time round, and I was expecting it (more or less), but the $500 I budgeted was actually for groceries for the month of December (not including Christmas)! Looks like it's going to be cereals and milk, bread and drippings until the next payday :(

hey kerio

congrats on moving in!

I think yr house is nicely done, despite the prob u had with yr ID earlier! and it's good that they did try to rectify and get things right!

Liked yr tv feature wall most - very unique - must be quite costly to do that design right?

and wow, $500 is alot to spend on a single marketing trip! Yr house must be all fully equipped to cook a big feast now!

congrats again!

Thanks Froggy!! Yes, the tv feature wall cost me 1.8k! And a few defects here and there (can still see some white lines at the edges where the laminates join, and some marks which we can't remove), but the carpenters will be coming by this afternoon to see to the issues. Hopefully this will be the last trip required of them!

K, Looks good! cozy!

Thanks fifteenmay! The lightings points are a bit lacking actually; the corridor leading to the room is quite literally un-lit throughout.. cosy in the day but really creepy at night T-T

More pics to be shared when we finish unpacking!

Haha.. there wasn't any wine unless you include Shaoxing Wine for cooking :) I think the main culprits for the high prices are really some pillows we bought, the detergents (for washing plates, clothes), the shower items and the oils. Olive Oil and Sesame Oil - Very Expensive. Shaoxing wine also cost me a good $17.5 -.- The rest of the nitty gritties like butter, cheese, juices etc - all add up eventually.

All the items that need to be stocked up just to make a place liveable really cost a bomb the first time round, and I was expecting it (more or less), but the $500 I budgeted was actually for groceries for the month of December (not including Christmas)! Looks like it's going to be cereals and milk, bread and drippings until the next payday :(

Thanks Froggy!! Yes, the tv feature wall cost me 1.8k! And a few defects here and there (can still see some white lines at the edges where the laminates join, and some marks which we can't remove), but the carpenters will be coming by this afternoon to see to the issues. Hopefully this will be the last trip required of them!

Thanks fifteenmay! The lightings points are a bit lacking actually; the corridor leading to the room is quite literally un-lit throughout.. cosy in the day but really creepy at night T-T

More pics to be shared when we finish unpacking!

Wow, the feature wall so ex ar? But it looks real worth it.

u not planning to add a light at the corridor?

Wow, the feature wall so ex ar? But it looks real worth it.

u not planning to add a light at the corridor?

Ha, ya, super ex! Still got mirror haven't come in, will be done on Friday :)

Congratulations on arriving at the finish line!

congrats!!!

Thanks guys! Not quite finish line yet, but this would be equivalent to the high-speed camera taking pictures of the runner reaching the finish line! Hopefully by Saturday we can publish completed pics! :)

Ha, ya, super ex! Still got mirror haven't come in, will be done on Friday :)

Thanks guys! Not quite finish line yet, but this would be equivalent to the high-speed camera taking pictures of the runner reaching the finish line! Hopefully by Saturday we can publish completed pics! :)

Haha yea this is the antagonizing part, so close to finishing yet still have to wait a little.. but really very soon lo!! :)

anyway saw your post of the grouting is gone from your toilet tiles in punggol forum, whats the story?