Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Specialkid

(renovation-in-progress): 4a @ Tampines

hi special kid, ur coordinator is willie or vincent?

i am in the midst of negotiating with vin. during the reno, both willie and vin will come down and supervise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi special kid, ur coordinator is willie or vincent?

i am in the midst of negotiating with vin. during the reno, both willie and vin will come down and supervise?

For my case, I deal with Willie directly as he's my Contractor, Vincent will cover for him if Willie is tied up with other commitment. To be frank, you'll have to supervise yourself daily. My hubby actually go down to our flat daily and contact Willie if anything goes wrong. It's not possible for Willie to supervise our place daily.

Lyn

For my case, I deal with Willie directly as he's my Contractor, Vincent will cover for him if Willie is tied up with other commitment. To be frank, you'll have to supervise yourself daily. My hubby actually go down to our flat daily and contact Willie if anything goes wrong. It's not possible for Willie to supervise our place daily.

Lyn

Hi Steelze,

For me, Vincent was incharge of my reno, and I have the same advise, pls check daily, spot anything not right, call and ask them to change.

Vincent will brief the people doing the work, eg, electrician, carpentry, ceiling works, masons, etc, then leave them for the day to do their work, he wont be standing there 8hrs a day to monitor their workmanship, so ultimately since this is our own home, need to be hardworking a bit and check daily ourselves. Vincent will change for you if u tell him to, which is the good thing, he won't try to push blame or say "Is like that one, cannot change liao"

Hi Steelze,

For me, Vincent was incharge of my reno, and I have the same advise, pls check daily, spot anything not right, call and ask them to change.

Vincent will brief the people doing the work, eg, electrician, carpentry, ceiling works, masons, etc, then leave them for the day to do their work, he wont be standing there 8hrs a day to monitor their workmanship, so ultimately since this is our own home, need to be hardworking a bit and check daily ourselves. Vincent will change for you if u tell him to, which is the good thing, he won't try to push blame or say "Is like that one, cannot change liao"

I'm not promoting Willie but since sgnick mentioned I also need to quote my case. My basin was perfectly fine when it was first arrived, then a few days later when it was time to install, he actually called and said there's a chip in a corner, asked me where i purchase mine and he'll get one replaced, he suspected his men damaged it. My cable for the open net was also damaged by the electrician, no question asked, he bear the cost for the replacement and my hubby was there to witness that a new cable was being replaced. I'm impressed with his honesty lah, he just joked that he lugi $$ again each time this kind of thing happened. Hence, towards the end of my renovation, I have complete trust in him and will definitely recommend his service to relatives and colleagues.

Lyn

I'm not promoting Willie but since sgnick mentioned I also need to quote my case. My basin was perfectly fine when it was first arrived, then a few days later when it was time to install, he actually called and said there's a chip in a corner, asked me where i purchase mine and he'll get one replaced, he suspected his men damaged it. My cable for the open net was also damaged by the electrician, no question asked, he bear the cost for the replacement and my hubby was there to witness that a new cable was being replaced. I'm impressed with his honesty lah, he just joked that he lugi $$ again each time this kind of thing happened. Hence, towards the end of my renovation, I have complete trust in him and will definitely recommend his service to relatives and colleagues.

Lyn

Lyn,

I didnt check my Opennet cabling, how was yours damaged? How to check?

Lyn,

I didnt check my Opennet cabling, how was yours damaged? How to check?

Aiyoh....the electrican / painter remove the trunking for this cabling and stacked heavy stuff on top of it and one of the glass fibre wiring broke and there's a box attached to it, was also removed and dumped on the floor.

As we change all our wiring so they also dismantle this. Blur blur loh....luckily we specifically point out to them before we shift out that this is to be retain but the instruction was not passed down. Hence, they have to bear the re-installation cost -> No arguement over it and Willie even suggest we relocate the box so it'll be more convenient for us.

Lyn

More Pics to share - 3 more days before we move in

27102010361.jpg

27102010331.jpg

Living Room

Shoe Cabinet

27102010330.jpg

Altar

27102010332.jpg

TV Console -> next to Altar (forget to take, next round)

Tic Tic Door - Storage Cabinet

27102010329.jpg

Aiyoh....the electrican / painter remove the trunking for this cabling and stacked heavy stuff on top of it and one of the glass fibre wiring broke and there's a box attached to it, was also removed and dumped on the floor.

As we change all our wiring so they also dismantle this. Blur blur loh....luckily we specifically point out to them before we shift out that this is to be retain but the instruction was not passed down. Hence, they have to bear the re-installation cost -> No arguement over it and Willie even suggest we relocate the box so it'll be more convenient for us.

Lyn

Wah, luckily I was there to self supervise the electricians, because there is a certain way I want the wirings to run.

So did u get Opennet to redo the wiring yet so that u can get Willie to later conceal it in the false ceiling, etc.

Kitchen

Entrance

27102010333.jpg

Your kitchen entrance is very nice.

And u sure have a lot of carpentry works in your flat, luckily willie's carpentry quote is the cheapest I have seen among all the quotes I have gotten.