Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renoalvin

Ceiling Fan And Lighting

I wan to install ceiling fans in living and dinning area.

Can anyone advise me on what type of lighting layout work best with ceiling fan?

I dun wish to get the shadow cast by the fan.

Rdgs

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi renoalvin,

Don't mean to hijack your post but i sort of have the same question as well which I posted under the Post Renovation Forums > Electronics & Electricals section. Thought I'd try my luck here.

========================================================================

hi all,

i'm planning to have ceiling fans for the bedrooms in my hdb flat. but i'm trying to avoid those 3-or-4-bulb light kits that come with the fans as i feel they make the fan look even lower than it already is, no thanks to the low hdb ceilings sad.gif

I don't have false ceiling/L-box in the bedrooms. anyone has advice on how to position the ceiling lights in relation to the ceiling fan in order to minimize shadows? would installing the light on the wall at same level as the fan blades help?

appreciate any pointers you may have.

TIA

========================================================================

I wan to install ceiling fans in living and dinning area.

Can anyone advise me on what type of lighting layout work best with ceiling fan?

I dun wish to get the shadow cast by the fan.

Rdgs

Hi renoalvin,

In your case, are you planning to have L-box with downlights? That should avoid the shadow effect.

Alternatively, the most straight forward solution would be to use the light kit that comes with the fan.

For my living room, I'll have a fan in combination with cove lighting + downlights. For my bedrooms, I don't have any false ceiling and I'm not too keen on the light kits. So that's why kinda headache here... :unsure:

Will the ceiling fan in your living room cast flashing shadows? I thinking of having a ceiling fan in my living room with square cove light + downlights...

Hi renoalvin,

In your case, are you planning to have L-box with downlights? That should avoid the shadow effect.

Alternatively, the most straight forward solution would be to use the light kit that comes with the fan.

For my living room, I'll have a fan in combination with cove lighting + downlights. For my bedrooms, I don't have any false ceiling and I'm not too keen on the light kits. So that's why kinda headache here... :unsure: