Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pixie

Our 711 House

5098761968_31843c1fa3.jpg

If nothing goes wrong, this would be our 711 house! =)

I have yet to get any IDs or contractors, and will update as we reach that stage soon!

Comments are welcome!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi, u got the same layout as my friend's previous house in Bt Batok as well...

anyway congratz to having your new home!

Thanks!! =)

The kitchen is a headache.. =(

Thanks!! =)

The kitchen is a headache.. =(

Hi, ur kitchen layout seem alright to me :) May I know what is the problem?

Ur house layout is big. I love it :)

Hi, ur kitchen layout seem alright to me :) May I know what is the problem?

Ur house layout is big. I love it :)

Thanks! =)

Cos the wall cant be hacked so the entrance is abit blocked due to the walls and are of odd shape. Our current discussionw as to knock down the wall between kitchen and storeroom ( to have our washing machine, fridge) , and also the wall between the entrance door and kitchen (to walk straight thru).

We love the openness, otherwise!

Finally! After getting quotations from contractors introduced by friends, and a couple IDs, we have decided to engage Alan (thanks neubie!) as THE GUY for our home. Our budget was burst out by $7K, but i would say, his quotation is definitely value for money. Besides the pricing, we chose him as he is very responsive, non-pushy, and value-adds. Hubby has ideas on what he wants on the house, and Alan tweaks the design, gave inputs, just to make it more practical. Unlike many designers, where beauty is the main key, Alan goes for practicality. In fact, he advises us not to do quite a bit of carpentry, as he knows our budget is very tight. He suggested buying from stores, as they will be cheaper. I like the way he advises us, and the way he revised our quotation at 1am, when we left him at 1030pm.

So far, we are blessed ;)

Hello pixie, OMG your palace looks HUGE! Can put at least 2 arco lamps there!!!

I believe u will be in good hands with Alan, much same as I had with him :D

For a moment I Tot ur house is 7-eleven. Hahaha

so any changes to the jobscope for your reno? I believe there will be, since fresh/new ideas come popping out even as ur whole mind is all about the reno....hehehe

Edited by neubie

Hello pixie, OMG your palace looks HUGE! Can put at least 2 arco lamps there!!!

I believe u will be in good hands with Alan, much same as I had with him :D

For a moment I Tot ur house is 7-eleven. Hahaha

so any changes to the jobscope for your reno? I believe there will be, since fresh/new ideas come popping out even as ur whole mind is all about the reno....hehehe

hahahhaa... cos our wedding date and house block is the same number! lol..

yeap new ideas with refinements by Alan.

We wanted a divider solid wall and Alan said changed to glass sliding as we have no corridor windows, hence the solid wall will block off the sunlight. things like this.. hehe..

Cant wait for 20 dec!

yeap we wanted a big living room cos hubby family is very close knitted. =) can get them cheer for football without disturbing.. and with aircon too! =X

5296319507_b916ba9256.jpg

Edited by pixie

hahahhaa... cos our wedding date and house block is the same number! lol..

yeap new ideas with refinements by Alan.

We wanted a divider solid wall and Alan said changed to glass sliding as we have no corridor windows, hence the solid wall will block off the sunlight. things like this.. hehe..

Cant wait for 20 dec!

yeap we wanted a big living room cos hubby family is very close knitted. =) can get them cheer for football without disturbing.. and with aircon too! =X

Cool! What's the significance on 20th? Start works??

Today is hacking day! =)

Last Sat:

1. confirmed tiles from LSH and another shop in Balestier

2. confirmed solid kitchen tabletop

3. confirmed window grilles

Yesterday:

1. Bought toilet bowls, sinks, kitchen sinks, taps, etc etc all from Scarlet Ace @ Sembawang. Great service and value price!

2. Eyed light chandeliers, wall light from Scarlet Ace. Pending to buy when house is almost up.

Today is hacking day! =)

Last Sat:

1. confirmed tiles from LSH and another shop in Balestier

2. confirmed solid kitchen tabletop

3. confirmed window grilles

Yesterday:

1. Bought toilet bowls, sinks, kitchen sinks, taps, etc etc all from Scarlet Ace @ Sembawang. Great service and value price!

2. Eyed light chandeliers, wall light from Scarlet Ace. Pending to buy when house is almost up.

wow! :D very excited about ur reno journey huh? :D :D :D, rem to post more updates....

Journey:

20th December: Hacking Day 1

5296919402_ffc6ff9712.jpg

23rd December: Loading debris to truck.

5296916754_9ac0dd97a2.jpg

24th December: Loaded materials (cement, sand, tiles)

5296320943_de60d1f5d3.jpg

5296322085_6afa0da964.jpg

27th December: Tiling Day 1

Photos to be followed on, but overall the works of Alan is fast. While there are obvious gaps of non-working days, he has communicated to us earlier that there would be delay as there is another flat that needs to be handover within 1 mth. We are cool with that, prefer him to work steady @ our home instead.

Edited by pixie

Journey:

20th December: Hacking Day 1

23rd December: Loading debris to truck.

24th December: Loaded materials (cement, sand, tiles)

27th December: Tiling Day 1

Photos to be followed on, but overall the works of Alan is fast. While there are obvious gaps of non-working days, he has communicated to us earlier that there would be delay as there is another flat that needs to be handover within 1 mth. We are cool with that, prefer him to work steady @ our home instead.

yo, so far so good eh??? ;)