reglxt

Our Cosy Little House

Biometric lock is up

=gotten this lock from ebay

Picture019-3.jpg

i've been looking at digital locks the past 2 days as well

found this local vendor

http://www.interlock.com.sg/

am unsure on reliability since I have not come across anyone who has had experience with them

i might try them out with the Samsung entry model

would like to ask a question

which lock allows for use of key only OR PIN only??

i.e. in the event of low batt or if my parents want to use the conventional key for entry, which model allows for such a function?

I know Kwikset has such a lock but it costs almost $1,000 including installation

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i've been looking at digital locks the past 2 days as well

found this local vendor

http://www.interlock.com.sg/

am unsure on reliability since I have not come across anyone who has had experience with them

i might try them out with the Samsung entry model

would like to ask a question

which lock allows for use of key only OR PIN only??

i.e. in the event of low batt or if my parents want to use the conventional key for entry, which model allows for such a function?

I know Kwikset has such a lock but it costs almost $1,000 including installation

I know some samsung lower end models can only use pin or keys only. The higher end will use fingerprint, pin and keys too.

ohh.. thought from your earlier posts and pics seems like your house almost done, how come only ready by early feb?

well well ...contractor said better to wait for appliances like washing machine, fridge all that to be in first (hn will only deliver on 15th jan cos washing machine out of stock) before he will do up the pebble wash

need to modify the kitchen cabinet cos the dimension for microwave is slightly out...

come end jan my customized furnitures will be in, by then contractor will put up the mirror cos he wants the mirror to align with dinning table

I actually think it looks fine as it is.. aluminium colour right?

I think it will be very difficult to paint it evenly now that it has been installed

It would have been good had the paint been applied and dried before installation

hi bobztoise

they powder coated the pole grey color..

do u think nippon aqua bodelac is suitable? :unsure:

hi bobztoise

they powder coated the pole grey color..

do u think nippon aqua bodelac is suitable? :unsure:

erm.. i'm sorry i'm not versed in paint colours and type

but i do know that it is not easy to apply an even coat given some parts of the pole will be hard to access now that it is in position

moreover, if i am correct, most people change colours on metallic surfaces by spraying (or powder coating)

if you hand painted, it will probably chip off fairly easily

i am doing floor track for my wardrobe sliding door and my carpenter says floor track cannot be coloured to match the door as it peels very easily

think it is same reason why i see all the window grills installed in my estate so far are aluminium in colour

may not match wall colours but i guess most home owners accept it

mine will remain in aluminium colour as well

Edited by bobztoise

erm.. i'm sorry i'm not versed in paint colours and type

but i do know that it is not easy to apply an even coat given some parts of the pole will be hard to access now that it is in position

moreover, if i am correct, most people change colours on metallic surfaces by spraying (or powder coating)

if you hand painted, it will probably chip off fairly easily

i am doing floor track for my wardrobe sliding door and my carpenter says floor track cannot be coloured to match the door as it peels very easily

think it is same reason why i see all the window grills installed in my estate so far are aluminium in colour

may not match wall colours but i guess most home owners accept it

mine will remain in aluminium colour as well

thanks for your advise :D

maybe will just get 1 pc of metal and experiment this weekend

your oven looks expensive :) normally those with bigger display panels are more expensive .. yours should be around 1-2K range

Ehh from what I know (HN, Cou*rts, B*st D*nki or anywhere else).. Price normally can be negotiated. Tell the sales person,you don't want any free gift .. ask them work out best deal for you.

Also if you buy afew items from them, they can give you additional discount

I got the Samsung washer + dryer @ 999, model WD8804CJA.. 8KG got air dry function (mine is white color thou, for silver series need to top up another $100 for the color)

hey lazy bum

Qin83 - another RT user gotten this Samsung 8804 @ 800+ only from everjoint

Edited by reglxt

well well ...contractor said better to wait for appliances like washing machine, fridge all that to be in first (hn will only deliver on 15th jan cos washing machine out of stock) before he will do up the pebble wash

need to modify the kitchen cabinet cos the dimension for microwave is slightly out...

come end jan my customized furnitures will be in, by then contractor will put up the mirror cos he wants the mirror to align with dinning table

Well then i guess its worth the wait! ;) and i think what your contractor mentioned make sense, to do the pebble wash after all the stuff are in, coz i can imagine the delivery ppl will drag their way in lo... :rolleyes:

thought about microwave and toaster oven, we still cannot find a good place to put lo... hmmm.. think after my kitchen is up, will put pics and ask the forummers here for advice.. :)

Hall with invisible grilles

hall.jpg

hall2.jpg

Common room

Picture009-3.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

hey im tinking of doin invisible grilles for my hse too...may i knw how much does it cost to do for the whole hse? are the grilles moveable?

hey lazy bum

Qin83 - another RT user gotten this Samsung 8804 @ 800+ only from everjoint

yup i saw this thread...planning to go down everjoint to enquire once we decide on all appliances...trying to get a gd price thru quantity buy...thanks...

hey im tinking of doin invisible grilles for my hse too...may i knw how much does it cost to do for the whole hse? are the grilles moveable?

pm sent :)

yup i saw this thread...planning to go down everjoint to enquire once we decide on all appliances...trying to get a gd price thru quantity buy...thanks...

heya no prob :)

btw how much is the philips ice cream maker?

Well then i guess its worth the wait! ;) and i think what your contractor mentioned make sense, to do the pebble wash after all the stuff are in, coz i can imagine the delivery ppl will drag their way in lo... :rolleyes:

thought about microwave and toaster oven, we still cannot find a good place to put lo... hmmm.. think after my kitchen is up, will put pics and ask the forummers here for advice.. :)

ehh.. looking at the progress now.. think its hard to shift in before cny :unsure:

are you going for built in microwave?

Cool! Remind me of korean drama, most of their houses come with digital lock

hahaha.. maybe you can get one yourself too :)