Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pastore23

Bad Experience With Beds.sg - Delivery Delayed For 2 Days

I ordered a King Mattress and a Bed Room Set from Beds.sg, which costed me around S$2300 after full member discount.

I requested the delivery date to be on 6 Nov(Sat), 10am-2pm, I trusted the good feedback from this forum and I thought Beds.sg is really as reliable as what most of you say here. Therefore, I removed my old furniture and mattress just before 10am on 6 Nov.

However, around 11.30am, I received a call from Beds.sg's delivery man, he told me that my delivery will be on 8 Nov (monday), which is 2 days later. I wondered and I told him that my delivery supposed to be today and my printed email copy also showed that the delivery date is today. The delivery man told me that he cannot help me, there is no way he could deliver today.

Therefore, I called the sales rep, and the sales rep admitted that they have make a mistake on the delivery date and there is no way that they can deliver the furnitures to me today.

That means I am going to have nowhere to sleep for 2 nites, my preparation for the furniture to come in and all rushing effort wasted, I got frustratred with the way I am treated, as I buy 2 expensive items from Beds.sg during my first time purchase with them, my trust to them ended up with frustration.

I wanted to cancel the order, however, in my case, I needed the mattress and bed room set urgently and I could not affort to cancel the order. Therefore, I requested for a compensation, I have calculated and the only way they can make me feel happy again is to give me a 25% discount.

The sales rep told me that she will call me back (prehaps after discussion with her boss). After more than 4 hours of wait, the sales rep called again and told me that she can only give me a $30 discount, which is just 1.5% discount more after the 5% full member discount. The $30 is not even enough for me to sleep in hotel 81 for 3 hours.

I felt like being insulted.

I will not buy anything from Beds.sg again as they do not take responsibility with their own mistake.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I ordered a King Mattress and a Bed Room Set from Beds.sg, which costed me around S$2300 after full member discount.

I requested the delivery date to be on 6 Nov(Sat), 10am-2pm, I trusted the good feedback from this forum and I thought Beds.sg is really as reliable as what most of you say here. Therefore, I removed my old furniture and mattress just before 10am on 6 Nov.

However, around 11.30am, I received a call from Beds.sg's delivery man, he told me that my delivery will be on 8 Nov (monday), which is 2 days later. I wondered and I told him that my delivery supposed to be today and my printed email copy also showed that the delivery date is today. The delivery man told me that he cannot help me, there is no way he could deliver today.

Therefore, I called the sales rep, and the sales rep admitted that they have make a mistake on the delivery date and there is no way that they can deliver the furnitures to me today.

That means I am going to have nowhere to sleep for 2 nites, my preparation for the furniture to come in and all rushing effort wasted, I got frustratred with the way I am treated, as I buy 2 expensive items from Beds.sg during my first time purchase with them, my trust to them ended up with frustration.

I wanted to cancel the order, however, in my case, I needed the mattress and bed room set urgently and I could not affort to cancel the order. Therefore, I requested for a compensation, I have calculated and the only way they can make me feel happy again is to give me a 25% discount.

The sales rep told me that she will call me back (prehaps after discussion with her boss). After more than 4 hours of wait, the sales rep called again and told me that she can only give me a $30 discount, which is just 1.5% discount more after the 5% full member discount. The $30 is not even enough for me to sleep in hotel 81 for 3 hours.

I felt like being insulted.

I will not buy anything from Beds.sg again as they do not take responsibility with their own mistake.

to play safe u shd just have left the old mattress and get them to dispose the old ones when the new ones arrive. sometimes it just doesn't pay to clear for them...

to play safe u shd just have left the old mattress and get them to dispose the old ones when the new ones arrive. sometimes it just doesn't pay to clear for them...

asking for 25% discount for 2 days delay is a bit too much

does it mean those that hv their furniture delay for 1 or 2 week or longer will get the furniture for free then

actually u are lucky that they willing to give u $30 off for 2 days delay

does it mean those that hv their furniture delay for 1 or 2 week or longer will get the furniture for free then

Haaa…then I want try my luck there to get free new teelum liao…

Hi Pastore23,

I am the CEO of Beds.sg. I am very sorry for what happened. You have posted this complain numerous times in our forum at Beds.sg today, I apologize as I only saw the complain an hour ago.

I have replied you over at our forum. This was my reply:

"Hi Pastore23,

First of all, my apologies. I did not receive any feedback on your complain from our team members earlier today. I will give a call to the various people who are responsible for your delivery to find out what exactly happened. I would have to do it tomorrow as it is past mid-night now.

I will also get our manager, Shawn, to give you a call tomorrow to provide any assistance you may require.

Rest assure we will do all we can to rectify the situation and give a full account of the mistake."

Please check our forum thread for updates. (http://www.beds.sg/forum/showthread.php/690-Bad-experience-with-Beds.sg-Delivery-delayed-for-2-days?p=5377#post5377)

I will update once I manage to contact all the people involved tomorrow.

Edited by Naveed Lee

I also agreed with u :P !

IMHO, 5% is more reasonable and 10% is a bonus if they willing to give :D ! .

Hi Pastore23,

I have spoken to the people responsible for your delivery and managed to find out more.

The original date of your delivery was 8th November 2010. You then called in 4 days later and spoke to Siti to request bring forward your delivery by 2 days to 6th November 2010.

There were 2 items in your order, in a moment of folly, Siti only arranged for 1 of the item (the mattress) to be brought forward and left out the bedroom set. Thus, we were unable to deliver the items on the new date you requested.

We are very sorry to have caused you this unnecessary convenience, we have totally messed up on this one.

I have spoken to Shawn, he will be calling you in the next 2 hours and work out an acceptable discount for you.

Shawn called me yesterday (7 Nov) at around 7pm.

He sounded sincere, but the compensation is stingy.

He gave me a 4.36% off (S$100), instead of 1.5% off (S$35). I don’t see any difference there because:

1) Beds.sg could easily give out 5% discount last month for their anniversary, and now they are only giving me a 4.36% discount, where this is totally unacceptable as they made a serious mistake which resulted in me sleeping on the floor for 2 nights.

2)I bought 2 expensive items, 1 king mattress and the most expensive bed room set (with King bed frame) in their listing, I trusted them so much in my first try, but what I got is to sleep on the floor for 2 nights.

There is no problem with their products, there is no problem with their attitude when they are talking to their customers, but they are stingy as you can see what kind of discount they gave me after a serious mistake, so what I can see is that they earn a lot from their customers by using their stinginess.

In a nutshell, I will condemn Beds.sg, no matter what good offer they have in the future, I will never buy from them again just because I am still angry.

You are right, I was wrong to trust Beds.sg

Can you imagine you prepared to sleep on a King bed, but in the end you sleep on the floor for 2 nights? Moreover, I got frustrated that they told me that my delivery was cocked up and could not deliver on the same day (6 Nov), they just did not even try to put in more manpower or find some spare time to ask someone to deliver to solve my problem.

Am I asking too much for what I have suffered mentally and physcially?

I also agreed with u :P !

IMHO, 5% is more reasonable and 10% is a bonus if they willing to give :D ! .

What I get now is 4.36%, less than what you expect, initially I just got 1.5% off.

Hi Pastore23,

I had spoken to Shawn late last night and told him to do everything he can to appease you. Shawn told me that you had expressed disappointment for not being able to claim your ideal compensation from Singtel for a complain earlier and you are expecting more compensation from us. Shawn said that he had explained to you that we work on very low profits and could not offer a higher compensation, he also mentioned that you had accepted the compensation.

We have tried everything we can to rectify the situation, We had arranged a special delivery team to have the furnitures delivered to your place at your requested timing, which is after 7pm today. Shawn and Siti had apologized to you over the phone and I had also apologized to you on two different threads in two different forum.

We do not have many request to change delivery dates, and this entire situation pointed out a glaring weakness in our system. We will be putting in more precautions to avoid similar situations from arising when our customers changes delivery dates.

That's very generous to offer $100 off. But you did accepted the offer that's why you went ahead with the purchase or is it because you have made deposit or full payment?

I personally think $100 is fair enough, plus they did apologise and try to make things right. So quite ok afterall.

To err is human lah. Even my MNC company can sent the wrong parts to customer despite all the procedures and system are in place. Since the CEO n the team already apologize so forgive and forget lah.

That's very generous to offer $100 off. But you did accepted the offer that's why you went ahead with the purchase or is it because you have made deposit or full payment?

I personally think $100 is fair enough, plus they did apologise and try to make things right. So quite ok afterall.

I accepted becos I had no choice, I need the furniture urgently, if not I would have no bed to sleep. If I have a choice I would have cancel the order.

You can try sleeping on the floor for 2 nights and see whether $100 is fair.