Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sfk7

Our Sycamore Place

I'm sure yours will turn out excellent too! If i remembered correctly you got sanctuary dian to customise for you right? Cant wait to see the final product.

Originally i wanted to customise too but not getting to touch and get the feel of it just detered me from customising. Scared of getting it wrong and have to live with it. But that's just me, scared this, that.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi I found these lamps on eBay and I think you'd love them/it suits your house. Mid-century lamps from the UK. You might want to consider.

MCMlamps.jpg

You can find them here.

Wow, original pieces at appealing prices! Thanks for the recommedation! But something about the clear glass and how the light throws just doesnt seems right...

Hmm shall discuss with wife. Thanks again :)

Wow, original pieces at appealing prices! Thanks for the recommedation! But something about the clear glass and how the light throws just doesnt seems right...

Hmm shall discuss with wife. Thanks again :)

No worries. Be sure to check that the voltage is suitable to Singapore's. And that its in proper working condition.

I'm sure yours will turn out excellent too! If i remembered correctly you got sanctuary dian to customise for you right? Cant wait to see the final product.

Originally i wanted to customise too but not getting to touch and get the feel of it just detered me from customising. Scared of getting it wrong and have to live with it. But that's just me, scared this, that.

hahaha thanks sfk7

sofa will be coming in end jan.. will post pics once ready :)

btw, looking forward to your reno pics and updates :D

When I first started sourcing for ID, I was so bent on getting the scandinavian look for my place. However, after looking at the marble floor and dark colored wood finishing for the wardrobe provided, my dream was busted. Now our aim is to achieve modern contemporary that is as close to scandinavian as possible with mid century classic inspired pieces.

Some purchases we have made, most of the big items from GSS. With the current end of year discount everywhere, I'm not too sure if we made the right choice. But money has been spent, so not going to think too much about it.

Sofa!!! Love it... from Air. Great for us as we are rather small sized and at 2.04m it fits the space just right

Sofa.jpg

Gotten a matching sidetable to serve as coffee table. Customised the legs to be shorter from 40cm to 30cm.

Sidetable.jpg

2 x Magis Steelwood chairs!! To complement the dining table and bench that I've fashioned myself.

More on the dining table and bench after completion.

MagisSteelwood.jpg

From Grafunkt: Bedside table for one side, the other will be custom made by ID.

IMG_0100.jpg

And lamp over the grafunkt wonder box.

IMG_0101.jpg

Also gotten 2 round Kartell componibili that we were going to use for bedside table. Now that we have gotten a proper ones, these might just go into the toilets as more storage. An Artimede Tolomeo hanging light from the ceiling will be over the sofa, bought from Hock Siong, thanks curryqueen! Cant possibly make myself to buy a brand new one. That's just crazy money. Although we have asked a good friend to source for artemide tolomeo farreto as bedside light. If we were to buy from europe its half the price locally.

There will be no false ceiling installed by us as we don't really like downlights. The generic design that most designers showed us are the usual false ceiling with lots of downlights that look like stars in a cloudy sky. That's just me. My ID proposed to just put cove light at the baywindow where there will be a border and also at the new wardrobe in the masterbedroom. This is just ingenious. Save money and retains the sleek lines that we are after. We went to JB Avalon Top Lamp to purchase most of our lights, thanks dexufto! Really saved alot after comparing prices locally. However we are still short of lights for the other 2 bedrooms.

Well, thats all for now. Let's see when i can update again on the progress. Exciting days ahead. Hopefully all can be completed in time for us to move in for CNY.

Hi, may I know where did you get the Kartell componibili round storage table? And how much you paid for it? I'm going to use it for my bedside table

Hi payton, its more of a storage bin than a table. Attached is a picture from the net.

componibili_white11206040775_361.jpg

I've gotten one (3 compartments) in white and the other in grey from Lifestorey's warehouse sale way back in september or is it august? RRP iirc is 220ish and the sale price was 120ish. Some t-blogs had blogged about it and they found good value for money carpets too from there. So you can wait for their next sale or can check it out at their great world city outlet. I think there are more shops out there carry Kartell products, such as one in centrepoint. Hope this helps.

On a sidenote, ID has news from the carpenter that carpentry should be ready mid January. Since the bulk, if not all of our renovation involves carpentry, we await with abated breath!

Hi payton, its more of a storage bin than a table. Attached is a picture from the net.

componibili_white11206040775_361.jpg

I've gotten one (3 compartments) in white and the other in grey from Lifestorey's warehouse sale way back in september or is it august? RRP iirc is 220ish and the sale price was 120ish. Some t-blogs had blogged about it and they found good value for money carpets too from there. So you can wait for their next sale or can check it out at their great world city outlet. I think there are more shops out there carry Kartell products, such as one in centrepoint. Hope this helps.

On a sidenote, ID has news from the carpenter that carpentry should be ready mid January. Since the bulk, if not all of our renovation involves carpentry, we await with abated breath!

thanks for the info. Will drop by lifestorey to check on their products.

All the best in your Reno.

Cheers

When I first started sourcing for ID, I was so bent on getting the scandinavian look for my place. However, after looking at the marble floor and dark colored wood finishing for the wardrobe provided, my dream was busted. Now our aim is to achieve modern contemporary that is as close to scandinavian as possible with mid century classic inspired pieces.

Some purchases we have made, most of the big items from GSS. With the current end of year discount everywhere, I'm not too sure if we made the right choice. But money has been spent, so not going to think too much about it.

Sofa!!! Love it... from Air. Great for us as we are rather small sized and at 2.04m it fits the space just right

Sofa.jpg

Gotten a matching sidetable to serve as coffee table. Customised the legs to be shorter from 40cm to 30cm.

Sidetable.jpg

2 x Magis Steelwood chairs!! To complement the dining table and bench that I've fashioned myself.

More on the dining table and bench after completion.

MagisSteelwood.jpg

From Grafunkt: Bedside table for one side, the other will be custom made by ID.

IMG_0100.jpg

And lamp over the grafunkt wonder box.

IMG_0101.jpg

Also gotten 2 round Kartell componibili that we were going to use for bedside table. Now that we have gotten a proper ones, these might just go into the toilets as more storage. An Artimede Tolomeo hanging light from the ceiling will be over the sofa, bought from Hock Siong, thanks curryqueen! Cant possibly make myself to buy a brand new one. That's just crazy money. Although we have asked a good friend to source for artemide tolomeo farreto as bedside light. If we were to buy from europe its half the price locally.

There will be no false ceiling installed by us as we don't really like downlights. The generic design that most designers showed us are the usual false ceiling with lots of downlights that look like stars in a cloudy sky. That's just me. My ID proposed to just put cove light at the baywindow where there will be a border and also at the new wardrobe in the masterbedroom. This is just ingenious. Save money and retains the sleek lines that we are after. We went to JB Avalon Top Lamp to purchase most of our lights, thanks dexufto! Really saved alot after comparing prices locally. However we are still short of lights for the other 2 bedrooms.

Well, thats all for now. Let's see when i can update again on the progress. Exciting days ahead. Hopefully all can be completed in time for us to move in for CNY.

Wow... nice nice nice!!! Great taste!!! :good: :good:

I like it!! especially the lamp... I had two similar lamps (DIY) over my bedside table, but my wife don't like it. So i have to buy two pendant diffuser to cover the bulb... :(

@ywna88: Haha!! Thanks. When i was shopping in Ikea a lightset of this kind is only 22 bucks. Should have DIYed myself too. Guess the premium is the bulb itself (one piece of overblown ecounfriendly tungsten glass bulb) and the long red braided wire. Anyways posted something in your tblog with regards to the diffuser. Cheers!

@leechaorui: Hi bro. If you go by the same nick as at AQ then we've met before while dealing with aquatic plants! Haha... your land area in Kovan is biiggggg. Any Tblog for me to see the transformation? :) Must be fantastic with all that space.

@diva79: Their listed price is certainly not easily stomach. That is why we swooped in during GSS where the discounted price sort of falls into our budget. Price as what I've listed a few posts before; sofa less than 3k with matching ottoman and the side table less than 4k. Hope you'll get some good deals too when they have another big sale.

@leechaorui: Hi bro. If you go by the same nick as at AQ then we've met before while dealing with aquatic plants! Haha... your land area in Kovan is biiggggg. Any Tblog for me to see the transformation? :) Must be fantastic with all that space.

Ya, same nick. Never change. My place is really only a humble abode. Already more or less complete the rebuilding of the place. Paisey, don't dare to showcase the construction of my little kachiam Puteh house. If you wish to see my place, you are welcome to pop by. Just let me know beforehand.

Cheers! :)

I used to stay in the Kembangan area too. Was house-hunting there for a good couple of months. You are staying near Lengkong Tiga? :) The area there is really breezy coz it's unblocked!

@leechaorui: You're humble bro. Thanks for the invitation!

@blue_skies: Hi! Its at the other side, lorong melayu. Hows your search btw?

Just a mini update:

1.5k to spray paint 5 doors and frames... worth it? There's really no brush marks but its still a big amount.

IMG_0156.jpg

After looking at the result of a forummer's diy, regret that i didn't pull up my socks and did likewise.

On a happier note, powdercoated the legs for benches at dining table. Love the result. This is just a mock up with 2 legs wrapped together and the plank just placed on it. Still gotta sand the plank and give it a protective coat.

IMG_0160.jpg

Carpentry installation to start on the 17th!! Exciting times ahead. Haha. It'll be tight as installation will take one whole week and tying up of loose ends for the next 3 days. Will be planning to have all the furniture in on the 28th to be in time for CNY. Fingers crossed!! oh... toes too. :)

Picture update after first day of carpentry

Shoe cabinet at main entrance

IMG_0204.jpg

Turn left after entering. This is the dining area. Door and also one way mirror backing for the display area is not installed yet

IMG_0200.jpg

My 'portal' at livin room baywindow. Sorry for the bad quality as the strong light from window is creating havoc for my iphone

IMG_0189.jpg

Cont'd at next post due to limit of pictures posted.

View of passageway of living/dining area from MBR

IMG_0203.jpg

MBR wardrobe on baywindow

IMG_0181.jpg

Extra storage above existing wardrobe. Laminate of existing wardrobe will be changed to be the same as baywindow's.

IMG_0194.jpg

Nice details on the drawers... nice work by ID

IMG_0202.jpg

Edited by sfk7