Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hermione

My Reno @ Bendemeer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ok, here's my damage last weekend:

34.jpg

- Ikea Kivik 3 seater sofa. I simple love how comfy this sofa is. I Love fabric sofas! (sponsored by MIL)

36.jpg

- Dining table (I love this, I've spent hours looking for dining tables in many furniture malls but I immediately knew that this was the one after I saw it. My ah-ma was questioning me, looks like chopsticks, cross here cross there, can stand meh? cos she is supposed to be the sponsor for this item. I think it's something completely unlike what she imagined we'll buy. lol)

35.jpg

- Dining chairs (bought 4x white ones to match the Eames-design table, will buy 2 more but still looking around for other chairs to match)

Aircon: Coolserve (Mitsubishi inverter system 3)

- The aircon biz is so good that we gotta wait 1 month for installation! But we didn't mind waiting as long as they do it well. Lucky this season quite cool and windy! (no sponsor for this item. sad)

Overall damage is many $$$$.

I have the same sofa. Its really comfy.

You bought yr items at Lorgans? Nice stuff.

I have the same sofa. Its really comfy.

You bought yr items at Lorgans? Nice stuff.

Yeps! Lorgans! haha... ya they have nice stuff... really looked for weeks for a dining set that i liked and was so disappointed with what i can find out there. when i went Lorgans I decided everything in 5 mins. So happy!

Hi,

I think your floor tiles is the same as mine...

You got it at hafary?

Anyway mind sharing ur ID company?

Yeps I got it at Hafary. Hehe... Went back there a few times until the staff can recognise me.

Here are more images of the tiles in my house!

45.jpg

- guest toilet

48.jpg

- master toilet wall close up

46.jpg

- master bedroom

47.jpg

- kitchen floor tiles in service area done (there was a ramp down, so got to level it up to the kitchen floor's height)

My ID is Kass Design. But actually I'm engaging them for contracting work only. Design and decisions are my own, they did not propose anything and only did drawings of the kitchen for me where there is going to be carpentry. Quite happy that they are very respectful of what I want and yet happy to advise if I ask for opinions. So far so good!

Oic... Im using the grey tiles for my living room and all 3 bedrooms..

Anyway im also staying at River Vista.. 39A.. haha..

Maybe we can visit each other's house when there's a chance..

Oic... Im using the grey tiles for my living room and all 3 bedrooms..

Anyway im also staying at River Vista.. 39A.. haha..

Maybe we can visit each other's house when there's a chance..

hey cool! haha... i love the tiles. cos originally we like the industrial look with cement floor but i'm scared of hairline cracks, so decided that this is the next best thing! haha... ya ur my neighbour. maybe next time will have chance to meet up!

By the way, just to share, now I know why my workers keep their gates locked while they are working inside the house. I went to the house on a Sunday, and I thought since there are no people working on sundays it should be very quiet so I didn't lock my doors and just left everything open. While I was in the living room sorting some stuff, this guy just walked in and at the same time my mil also came. he started asking her who she was and she asked him who he was. and he said he was the contractor, and i found it weird cos i've never seen him in my life. and he started talking about our reno and kaypoh-ing around the kitchen, this whole time he didn't tell us who he was. so we asked him what he was doing here and he said he was installing window film for another unit and asked us if we needed window films and kept saying that our house is very hot with so many windows etc etc... I immediately was turned off, because how can you just walk into people's house without invitation??? that is just plain rude. and he didn't even introduce himself immediately and was kaypoh-ing my house! i immediately just brush him off and got him to leave. even if he gives me the window film for free i wouldn't let him into my house again man. i used to think that people are kicking a big fuss when these things happen cos there's nothing in the house anyways, but i just felt that it was such an invasion of my privacy and it really just made me feel so unsafe. soooo irritating!!! so i must learn from my workers and lock the door everytime! these contractors who station themselves downstairs and stalk potential customers are soooo scary!

By the way, just to share, now I know why my workers keep their gates locked while they are working inside the house. I went to the house on a Sunday, and I thought since there are no people working on sundays it should be very quiet so I didn't lock my doors and just left everything open. While I was in the living room sorting some stuff, this guy just walked in and at the same time my mil also came. he started asking her who she was and she asked him who he was. and he said he was the contractor, and i found it weird cos i've never seen him in my life. and he started talking about our reno and kaypoh-ing around the kitchen, this whole time he didn't tell us who he was. so we asked him what he was doing here and he said he was installing window film for another unit and asked us if we needed window films and kept saying that our house is very hot with so many windows etc etc... I immediately was turned off, because how can you just walk into people's house without invitation??? that is just plain rude. and he didn't even introduce himself immediately and was kaypoh-ing my house! i immediately just brush him off and got him to leave. even if he gives me the window film for free i wouldn't let him into my house again man. i used to think that people are kicking a big fuss when these things happen cos there's nothing in the house anyways, but i just felt that it was such an invasion of my privacy and it really just made me feel so unsafe. soooo irritating!!! so i must learn from my workers and lock the door everytime! these contractors who station themselves downstairs and stalk potential customers are soooo scary!

Hey hermione I concur with you. Back then when i first get my keys, me and my fiance were discussing reno works with my painters in the bedroom and we closed the gate and doors (din lock). As we talked (quite loudly and excitably, so confirm from living room can hear us) and moved towards the kitchen, we spotted an Indian couple walking around our kitchen and got a rude shock. The couple saw us and din even smiled or acknowledged us and continue to look around. My finace den asked "Excuse me? Why are you here?" and they just say " oh we are looking around" very nochanlantly. I got really pissed and I said "But you din even ask for our permission and do you know that this is trepassing". Man, she still has the cheek to say "Well we thought no one is around". and i shot back "Yah right, if no one is around wny would the door be unlocked."

TMD...

Anywhere, i got a letter from the Neighbourhood police post which says that recently a lot of reports of forced entries in our blocks were lodged. TVs, Furnitures and toilet accessories were stolen during renovation coz the thieves tampered with the number locks that contractors used. So it's better to use a padlock ok. =)

It is also for safeguarding your renovation stuff, anyone can just walk in and carry away your stuff.

There are many cases..

I have read from this forum where ppl take delivery of their LCD TV during reno period and it was gone the next few days.

So do take note not to take delivery of any of your furnitures or electronics appliances prior to handover.

Those contractors are not responsible for them. :)

Happy renovation and enjoy...

It is also for safeguarding your renovation stuff, anyone can just walk in and carry away your stuff.

There are many cases..

I have read from this forum where ppl take delivery of their LCD TV during reno period and it was gone the next few days.

So do take note not to take delivery of any of your furnitures or electronics appliances prior to handover.

Those contractors are not responsible for them. :)

Happy renovation and enjoy...

wah lau, **** scary lah... i'm also very paranoid that people can just walk away with our stuff. but can you imagine this guy can just walk in and not even introduce himself to me eventhough i was in the living room and he can see me? so weird! really all sorts of people out there.

i had no choice but to leave one or two ikea furniture (not assembled) in my spare room, cos ikea does not store stuff for you, if not gotta pay. so irritating... just hope no one is interested in those! and i'm hoping that no one takes my toilet fittings too! gosh, so scary...

that's why i refuse to leave my lights there in the house for my contractor to put up, just to be safe... lights are not cheap man... toilet fittings bo bian, cos they need to fix up and those basins and stuff are blardy heavy, but lights i rather leave in my car first and watch them put it up myself!

hey hermione,

have you bought your "small" electrical stuff?

gain city having fair at expo this fri to sun

normally "hourly specials" or "purchase with purchase" should have the things you looking for

Mine was the neighbour tt walked into our hse and started using hand to hit and knock on the wall casing, false wall.... **** irritating....

Btw, did u arrange with the contractor to contact you when they needed to do specific installation? cos for mine, I left my pches with the relevant shops and we only collect when the stuff are needed for installation. Our contractor changes the no. lock combination when each set of workers finished their job which I thought was a gd idea

We only arrange for furniture and electronic delivery when the handover is done.

ahah, okay I admit I'm one of those who will kaypoh other people's reno. I've walked into a few units myself but I always introduce myself. I spoke to the owners at length about their reno... and got useful information. I think people are always nice as long as you introduce yourself properly...

oh ya, of course if they introduce themselves then it's nice... i don't really mind at all! :)

thanks for the info! the onl thing is i'm overseas now, so i'm really worried about the progress... really wonder what is going on... one hiccup is that the toilet bowls that i bought, which are 2 of the same kind, cannot fit into the common toilet now because the plumber says that the common toilet water outlet pipe sticks out more, so i need to get a toilet bowl that has more gap between the wall and the wc stand. I find it so sickening because it fits the master toilet just nice. i don't understand why these HDBs are so inconsistent... now i gotta go back and exchange the **** wc myself...

49.jpg

oh and i'm a bit paranoid one, everything will only be delivered when i'm there to oversee the installation... so a little delayed cos i need to get back to sg first... :(

Edited by hermione